“Not your typical Mexican place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: zip 76102
Longview, Texas
“Not your typical Mexican place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This downtown Mexican restaurant is a treat. We looked on tripadvisor and it is highly recommended, but the map placed it on North Throkmorton on the other side of the river. When we finally found it, it was right where it should be on South Throkmorton in the heart of downtown. We started with fresh, made at the table guacamole, and visited with our waiter Rudy about the entree choices. I landed on the Piccadilly filled chile relleno served with sautéed zucchini and rice (very light and filled with beef flavored with almonds and raisins). My wife had the fajita tacos which were street vendor size and seasoned to perfection, served with cilantro and lime. Along with the tacos a side if fried rive and retried beans ( black or borracho beans are optional). We finished the evening by splitting a flan served cool with strawberry and orange slice. All was very good and the service was impeccable. A good aside is the free valet parking located on the side street and the best part is the car never moved...it was right where we left it and had two attendants watching it while they ate pizza from the place across the street, but that place will have to wait until next trip.

Visited June 2013

Commerce, Texas
“Nice atmosphere; excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Cantina Laredo offers a quality dining experience in the heart of downtown Ft. Worth near Sundance Square. My husband and I enjoyed the clean, comfortable atmosphere. Our server was very attentive, and the menu offered a wide variety of Mexican food options. I went with the carnitas, which were excellent with a little lime and pico de gallo. I thought the chile con queso was a little bland, but the chips and salsa were great. My husband enjoyed his spinach enchiladas, although I think he would have preferred a different sauce than the sour cream topping that came with them. The portions were quite large. My plate came with 3 carnitas, which was more than I could eat in one sitting, so there was no room for dessert. I had a great mojito with my meal, which was surprisingly (and pleasantly) served in a very tall flute. My husband ordered the house margarita, which was also larger than most. Overall, this was a pleasant dining experience. I am impressed enough to return and try some of their other menu options.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tokyo, Japan
“2nd visit was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Id been here before and dreamt of coming back. I was on holiday and not work so was eager to introduce my wife to this great different (from standard Tex-Mex) up market Mexican cantina.

We arrived late for lunch (2pm). No problem for staff but a little quiet. The restaurant has a generic comfortable feel and any food could be served up but I was there for good mexican. We slided into a comfortable booth and had a friendly waiter describe the specials and the margaritas ( many choices of style and tequila).

My wife chose a quesidilla that was light and very tasty > I had I chimichanga dish filled with chicken and peppers, with mexican rice and roasted vegetables. Both were amazing and I was happy to come back. The margarita made it perfect! I was happy to come back and although more expensive than chain fresh mexican type of Chipolte and Baja fresh etc, the price is double for double the service and quality. Good taste and value

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Spring, Texas
“Great Downtown Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would definitely visit here again! The salsa was very tasty and they were good about bringing more chips, even though our group was about 12. The food was tasty, as were the drinks, especially the Sangria! Atmosphere was very nice and service was good! Great location as well to walk to bars afterwards.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morrisville, NC
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Best salsa! It's so flavorful unlike others that are too watery or too spicy or just boring. Our server, Rudy, was great. The margaritas are a little on the expensive side, but still very tasty. I was surprised that it was not that busy, but that could have been b/c it was Monday evening. Definitely worth a try if you are in downtown Ft. Worth!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere