“dirtiest restaurant on the north side of town” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #488 of 1,371 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Fort Worth, TX
“dirtiest restaurant on the north side of town”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

on the border is a corporate chain, but still.. it's one of my fav tex-mex restaurants around the area... til I ate at this particular one. the one on bryant-irvin is nice! the food is always good,and the restaurant is clean.
i went to the one in n. fw here recently, bc I just moved to that side of town. I was going on a movie date night right after, so we decided to stop for a bite to eat at a near by restaurant. I am the one who suggested otb, and it was embarrassing that i actually picked that place, in the condition it was in. we walk in, and see broken chips, salsa, dried food, and dirty napkins all over the main floor. I definitely dont want to sit in there, so we decide to go sit in the bar area. it was just as bad, if not worse. the floor was absolutely disgusting. the service was equally as bad. the girl comes to take our order.. we order 2 margaritas, 2 waters, and some queso to start. about 15 minutes later, we get our margaritas.. no water, no queso. food was okay once ordered, but it took her over 20 minutes to bring the check, and i finally just had to ask the bartender for it, bc we were gonna be late to the movie. they werent even busy! the "manager' of the restaurant was just walking around, basically doing nothing, but joking around with the employees. he was actually standing on a ton of broken chips at one point, and didn't even think to have someone clean it up. poor mgmt. I cant stand to see someone in charge, that is so lazy he is willing to let his restaurant look like absolute trash, on what should be the busiest night of their week. gross. i wont be eating here again. it's a shame too. good price, good location.. just lazy employees and poor management. also.. dont dare use the restroom. . it's disgusting. this restaurant is one of if not the dirtiest restaurants on that side of town, or any side of town for that matter.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Always a Great Chain Resturant for Mexican Food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Always a great lunch with my Wife on our date days. BEST Tortilla Soup ever! Never can go wrong with the Biuld your own plates.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
“Queso is not the only meltdown - mismanaged, terrible wait, wrong food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Visited On The Border, on North Freeway (I35W), north of Loop 820 in Fort Worth in late February, 2013. Being seated was the last positive experience at this restaurant! From then, we experienced delays in being served chips and drinks, a horribly long wait for food, then got the wrong order. The waitress indicated that the Manager would be out to apologize, never arrived. Waitress indicated when the manager wouldn't come, she asked a second manager. He never responded, either. Even when reordered, the resulting food was wrong, again! The food was marginal - at best - but by then, we were too starved to play enchilada roulette again. Everything about the visit demonstrated catastrophic mismanagement. Steer clear of this place!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Haslet, Texas
“Average Mexican food in a cookie cutter environment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

When On the Border first opened years ago it was one of the best I had eaten at, but years down the road I've come to know that it is average quality for the area.
Chips and salsa are quite good and the salsa has large chunks for those might want to know.
The variety of platters is fairly good and the service is really hit or miss. I've had great service and very poor.
It's worth a chance in my book so make your own devision.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere