“Amazing Scenic Retreat!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
Fort Worth, Texas
“Amazing Scenic Retreat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Had a great time at our reception at MD Resort. My daughter wants to move there! She also wants to have her wedding and reception there some day, but we have to find a groom first. Lol. The meeting room was very spacious and well laid out. It was much bigger than I expected. Several of our guests took brochures to come stay at a later date. We were able to take pictures on the scenic grounds and cannot wait to come stay a night or two in one of the suites

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

We had a great time at the MD Resort. I tend to be more of a big city person, but this was certainly a pleasant change. Being out in the country, things were so quiet I nearly missed my meeting in the morning. The night was clear and there were about a million stars out. The food was very good and the staff attentive. Rooms were clean and the beds were really comfortable. They have a large conference room as well as adequate dining space for large meetings. I think this would be a great place for a family reunion and hope to try it for that sometime in the future.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Lawton,Ok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

We very much enjoyed our stay. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The way they treated our St Bernard Buddy was fantastic. In fact he wanted to stay. It is a beautiful quiet place and because of this gave my husband and I the getaway we needed so much. The massages we had were great. So relaxing and actually got rid of the knots in my neck. Paula was a great help to us. She recommended some great restaurants and antique shops for us to check out while we were there. I have stayed at other Bed and Breakfast before but this one had the personality ( because of the people who worked there) to go with the ambiance and quietness of the resort. We will definitely stay here again and tell friends and family to go here to for a getaway.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
MDResort, Owner at MD Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
We sure did enjoy yall and Buddy! I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful staff and they care about making every detail just right for every guest so you can relax and enjoy! As a matter of fact they do care so much that most guest think that Paula and Diane are the owners. I would love to hear an update on Buddy as he progresses down his path. And thanks for the shedding tips.
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

My husband Tim and I are big Nascar Fans. The first race I attended in Ft. Worth we stayed at a hotel of IH-35. Easy access or so we thought. Although weekend was fun, traffic was very stressful and going back to a hotel room not very pleasant. We decided to look on-line for someplace west of Texas Motor Speedway. There we found a little piece of heaven. It’s called MD Resort. Every room is wonderful and as we have stayed in about half of them I can assure you it’s true. The breakfast is always outstanding and the staff always checks to make sure breakfast works with race schedule. One of the best things about this resort is the peace and beauty. After a day spent at the race track it is wonderful to be able to come “Home” relax under the stars and listen to nothing but nature. It’s also close enough to many surrounding areas that it is easy to run into town for dinner, movies, nightlife etc. The kids we have seen with families on vacation love the game room, pool and of course all the animals. The staff is wonderful and goes out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. We have been staying at MD Resort for the last 7 years of races and would not want to stay anywhere else

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
MDResort, Owner at MD Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
Thank-you! I too think of MD Resort as "A little piece of Heaven" and our goal is to be the best resort in Texas! You are right for Nascar fans there is no better place as we are just 15 minutes west of Texas Motor Speedway and out of the traffic patterns.

We look forward to seeing yall again soon.
Olney, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

First, let me say that this lovely bed and breakfast was exactly what my daughter and I needed for a day and a half of rest and relaxation. In general, we really enjoyed our stay.

There are 14 rooms in the actual bed and breakfast, and we got a look at all of them when we checked in. Every room that we saw was well-appointed and looked comfortable. We stayed in the Wilderness Journey Room. I chose that room because we needed two beds, and it had two twin beds. It was one of the smaller rooms, but it was still very comfortable.

Our room was located upstairs in the main lodge, right off of the game room. This game room had a pool/ping pong table, a satellite television and several tables for playing board games, which they had in a cabinet in the game room. We had a blast in this room, and I can't begin to imagine how much fun it would be for a big group of kids staying at the inn for a family reunion.

Another amenity that we really enjoyed was the swimming pool. It is a very nice pool, and we had it all to ourselves because we stayed on a Sunday and Monday night when the resort was not busy. We also had a great time feeding the miniature donkeys, the buffalo and the horses.

When I booked our stay at the resort, I booked the stimulus package, which included our meals. Having our meals prepared for us is one of the things that made our time at the resort so relaxing. Now is where this review gets a little more difficult to write. Was the food good? The best word that I can use to describe it is "alright." It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. The point that I am really trying to get across is that the meal situation was a little strange. First, let me explain what I liked about the meals. The staff that prepared our meals went above and beyond the call of duty. On our first night there, the staff person was very pregnant, and not only cooked us a great meal of chicken, rice, green beans and salad, but she carried it upstairs to the game room for us because she heard us up there playing games. On our second afternoon, we receiveed a knock on our door, and the staff person told us that they had planned on making us chicken fetttucini for dinner, but had not been able to find what they were looking for to make it. She wanted to know what we would like instead. We told her that we would be fine with something simple like a pizza. The second staff person that we encountered called us down to a dinner of pizza, salad and garlic bread that evening. Don't get me wrong, the pizza was OK - but it was a general prepared pizza that was served on cardboard - not bad - just not great. As we were eating, we had a pleasent conversation with the second staffperson. She asked us what we wanted for breakfast. I told her that I was not picky, but that my daughter did not like eggs, which made pancakes waffles, bagels or french toast better options for us. Sure enough the next morning, we came down to French Toast. She told us that she used her mother's recipe for French Toast . The breakfast was good - probably the best one we had while we were there. As a side note, I had to request coffee both mornings, and was pointed toward a cofee maker filled with mediocre coffee along with a canister of powdered creamer. Again - not horrible, but just not great. I have to say that I was thrilled with the effort and the service that we received from both of the staff people that we encountered. They were wonderful. The thing that seemed so odd about all of this is that anytime that I have stayed in a B&B before, it has been run by people who take great pride in coming up with breakfasts that become standards at that inn. At this resort, it seems as though the staff people are left to figure out how to feed the guests which just seemed really strange to me. To their credit, they did a decent job. However, if this resort wants to take it to the next level, the owner needs to put more effort into preparing foods that stand out a little more, and become a reason to stay at this resort.

Overall, if I lived anywhere near this resort, I would use it EVERY time that needed to plan a family reunion. It is perfect for that. I would also stay here again if I just wanted a place to go to get away from it all for a few days. I do not want my negative comments to take away from the fact that we had a wonderful and relaxing stay. I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

My daughter and I stayed for a few nights in the Yellow Rose room. It was lovely and peaceful. The room was clean (my pet peeve). I enjoyed the breakfast. I would read my book, enjoy my coffee plus visit with any other guest there at the time. My daughter enjoyed her breakfast (that I was allowed to deliver to her) in bed.

The atmosphere there is totally relaxing. You can be lazy all day if you like, or go out and tour the small cities around, or the big cities that are not far away. You don't feel at all like you are so close to the Dallas/ Fort Worth Metroplex.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Rensselaer,N.Y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Peaceful beautiful ranch house, tucked away in a little Texas town near Dallas/Ft.Worth, close enough to all attractions and far enough away in the evening after a full day of sightseeing to relax and enjoy a lovely Texas sunset. Delicious 5 star breakfast served by a delightful staff each morning in front of a beautiful fireplace. Weather warrented a fire which added to the ambiance.Everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfoftable. Rooms were very clean and unique, each having their own theme. We liked the German room because it had a private entrance. My husband slipped out each morning and fed the animals. The burros would eat the carrots, however, the buffalo was only interested in biscuits. tee hee. That must be why his name was Biscuit (<: We loved every minute of our stay and would return in a heartbeat if we ever get back to Texas. It was a true ranch experience wrapped in real Southern Hospitality

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
MDResort, Owner at MD Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
I appreciate you sharing about MD Resort! Yes, we are within 45 minutes of just about everything in Dallas Fort Worth and the stars are brighter when you get back to MD Resort, our hidden treasure in the country. Biscuit says hello :)

Been to MD Resort? Share your experiences!