“Great place for a mother/daughter getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

MD Resort
601 Old Base Road, Fort Worth, TX 76078   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
Fort Worth, TX
“Great place for a mother/daughter getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

A wonderful experience all around! My daughter and I went to MD Resort Vacation & Retreat Center and had a great time. Her favorite was the swing and I enjoyed having a spot to spend some quality time with my little girl! The room was wonderful. She LOVED the whirlpool tubs. The grounds were enchanting, with horses, donkeys and even a bison to go visit. Even when the weather turned misty, we had plenty to do inside to connect and enjoy each other's company. I've already recommended MD Resort to family and colleagues. Looking forward to coming back soon with my husband!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Donna N, Manager at MD Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy we were able to provide a place for you to spend some quality time with your daughter :) We'll be sure to tell the animals "hi" for you, and hopefully you'll come back soon to see them! We appreciate the time you took to write this review, it means a lot! Thank you again :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mill Creek, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Managers and staff were wonderful to work with, very polite and called us by name. We stayed in the Texas Sweetheart room and found the room to be very adequate, large enough, and the bathroom clean and tidy. It was also quiet. The main house itself was large and well appointed. It has a game area/tv area for the kids upstairs as well as a nice den downstairs to watch tv (for the adults) if you prefer.

Due to dietary restrictions we required a modified meal to be made for breakfast. Staff at the B&B made every effort to assist with these changes. They were understanding and helpful. Check in and check out were easy. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Donna N, Manager at MD Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Karyn,
We absolutely love to hear that you had a great time at the resort while you were here! We're all about a family environment, and with that comes the feeling of a home away from home! At least that's what we strive for; and we are glad you felt welcomed. Please come back and see us anytime, and as always, we keep the recreation room stocked and the food delicious and guest-friendly :)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This B & B was a really quiet, restful spot to enjoy walking around the 37 acres, complete with a buffalo & donkeys! They have numerous facilities for a wedding or large parties. The staff is very friendly and helpful, too. There's a massage table, ping pong table, & plenty of outside activities, from a pool and jacuzzi to horse-shoes.

Room Tip: The Victorian Room is on the ground level in case you have heavy bags.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at MD Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I am glad you had a great time!
See you soon :)
Lewisville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My wife and I bought MD Resort's Groupon as a short stay-cation idea when I needed a break from work. We used the Thursday night option and ended up being the only couple there, so we basically got the whole place to ourselves. The staff was very professional, but certainly polite and in true country hospitality. My wife and I typically prefer to stay in downtown hotels, where we have more options for things to do. This was our first B&B and were so glad we chose it. We just used all the amenities that MD Resort had to offer and never once got bored or felt like we were missing out on anything.

Room Tip: We were the only couple there that night, so I cannot really give you any tips on which room is bett...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend this weekend and just had a wonderful time. I was a little skeptical when I got there because I had seen such glowing reviews but soon the true beauty of the place set in. The room wasn't big but was so nicely decorated and fun to stay in. It's great to spend a whole day there - it's so quiet and so relaxing. I loved seeing and feeding the animals, playing horseshoes outside and swinging in the hammock. Absolute quiet and just a beautiful property. I was here in february and it was only about 55 or 60 and it was still great! Again, the amenities aren't like a 5 star resort necessarily but the service is amazing (ice tea just sitting on the counter with fresh cookies, carrots provided to feed the animals, help with whatever you need). The breakfast was good and included, so I would definitely eat that, but the dinner prices seemed pretty expensive. I personally got food at venice pizza - about 3 miles away - and would recommend it if you're not looking for a fancy dinnner. I know take out pizza isn't romantic necessarily but is a good option for a night in watching a move. Anyway, highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at MD Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I appreciate the glowing review. Just wanted to let you know for next time that we have several levels of meals from a family style dinner that is less expensive to romantic in room dinners that are well appointed and totally private. The prices very greatly but we have meals for all budgets so just ask us next time you come. And yes, we pride ourselves on giving you True Texas Hospitality!
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We spent our 11th anniversary at MD Resort B&B. It was very relaxing. Not much to do except be together and get cozy. The picnic lunch was very sweet! The cross donkeys and Biscuit the buffalo were fun to feed and watch. We really enjoyed ourselves.
I don't recommend spending much time here unless you only want to be with that special person! The town is quiet and lazy with nothing much to do. But MD Resort makes a very romantic setting!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this bed and breakfast staff was extremly nice and food was really good room was nice and clean very happy with the experience will definatily will stay there again

• Stayed January 2012

Been to MD Resort? Share your experiences!