“New hotel... but...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 102 Hotels in Fort Worth
Phoenix, Arizona
“New hotel... but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

A friend and I spent two nights here and found the hotel to be typical of a Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel has ony been open 7 months so everything is new and in good condition. Good beds and well furnished rooms. The hotel is close to TCU and the Will Rogers Colisseum. The staff was friendly and efficient. On the other hand... the hotel is adjacent to railroad tracks and the freights come by about every 15 minutes. The rooms on the front of the hotel are quiet but if you are in one of the rooms on the backside, you can hear the train whistles and the roar of the engines. They do serve lunch and dinner in the bar/coffee shop off the lobby but the food is only adequate and greatly overpriced. Macaroni Grill is only 1 mile away and serves much better food at half the price. Sodas and water from the machines in the hoter are $3 each so take your own unless you like airport prices.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the backside of the hotel to avoid train noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Anton R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Mike R,

Thank you for choosing our property for your travel needs and for taking time to submit your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear about railroad disturbance and, though, our team receives very few noise related complaints, I completely understand the inconvenience and our Guest Services team will gladly accommodate the request for a quieter room.
I also thank you for sharing your comments, regarding our vending pricing. Your feedback allows us to review our current policies and procedures and continue offering the best value to our guests.
Mike R, thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at our property.

Safe travels!

Anton S. Rykov

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Was here for two nights on a business trip. I read the reviews prior to booking, and I have to agree - this is way more hotel than you are paying for. Somehow they have all these great amenities, food, service, and it's all for a very reasonable rate. The shower was very nice, with great water pressure. The TV was a large, new, flat-screen. The room was thermostat controlled to a half a degree. Nice pool, workout facility, restaurant, etc..

My couple minor complaints (very minor) - toilet was slightly dirty, pillows were a little too soft, and the TV remote was not one of those "easy clean" ones.

WILL STAY HERE AGAIN! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Room Tip: Didn't see stairwell to first floor. If you are on 2nd floor or above, try to get somewhat close...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Anton R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Doug P,

I would like to thank you for your business and loyalty to Hilton Hotels. Please do not hesitate to contacting me directly, if I, personally, can be of any assistance to you with future reservations. I look forward to welcoming you back and thank you again for staying with us!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Great service, very nice hotel with nice quiet rooms. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice variety of drinks at the bar compared to other HGI's we have visited. Hotel also provides shuttle service to downtown area restaurants, etc. the next time that we are in Fort Worth we will be staying at this hotel. Hotel is brand new. It opened in April of 2012 and still looks brand new.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Vicky A,

I would like to thank you for taking time to provide the feedback, regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. I am happy our team was able to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Thank you for staying with us, and have a great weekend!

Abilene, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My family occasionally takes an overnight trip to the Metroplex for fun. This property was ideal. Because it was so close to Christmas it was very quiet. The pictures of the pool don't do it justice. My 4 year old loved it. There is a nice seating area near the lobby with a fireplace and games. We paid extra for breakfast and it was made to order and high quality. Because the hotel is new it is very clean. The staff was very nice. I felt like we received the same personal attention I expect at a bed and breakfast. My only complaint is that we had road noise, so request a room facing the parking garage.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Anton R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear bradoncarey,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear we were able to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. Please do not hesitate to contacting us directly, so we can assist you with any future reservations!

Looking forward to seeing you in 2013!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a terrific property. All staff members - front desk, restaurant, housekeeping - are consistently friendly and helpful. In spite of being located on a very busy intersection, the room was quiet. Breakfast buffet was a modest $10 and was one of the best I've seen in a hotel at this price point. Given the very good price on the room (about $100 / night when I stayed in Dec '12), the room and breakfast was still a better deal than most competitors. Plus, the hotel has a better-than-average workout room (seven cardio machines plus weights), a pool and water playground for the kids, a comfortable lobby area and a bar. There's a reason this place consistent ranks #3 or #4 on Trip Advisor...it sets the standard for mid-priced hotels (and for more expensive ones, too). Room had microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, flat-screen TV and desk. Free WiFi and parking (adjacent garage). The only negatives are
A) it's not really in easy walking distance of anything very interesting, but it is a very short drive to Medical Center and less than 5 minutes to downtown, University Village area (shopping, restaurants) and Trinity Park;
B) no real views from either side.
These are small issues given the price, location and quality of the room and staffing.

I have only two minor quibbles:
First, the room doors are quite loud when they close.
The bar seems to close early (before 10 PM on Friday, 11 PM on Saturday).

Nonetheless, there's no question that this will be my choice on the next trip to Fort Worth.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd number room; even rooms currently overlook a big construction project across the stre...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear TXRoadWarrior,

I wanted to personally thank you for submitting your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your suggestions regarding the hours of bar operation - we will review and discuss your suggestion during our next departmental meeting.
I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused by construction. Fortunately, the current site is entering the final stages of completion and the disturbance in the future should be minimal.

I wanted to thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center for your travel needs and hope to see you back in 2013!

Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here five times to attend college football games The service is outstanding. Every employee from clerks to cook is top rate. The breakfast bar is delicious and the offerings are extensive. The cooks even stop by your table to make sure everything is to your satisfaction. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the pool is designed with kids in mind. If you want a guest-centered hotel, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Dottie014,

I wanted to thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center for your travel needs. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please do not hesitate to contacting us directly for any future reservations!

Thank you for staying with us!

Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here when it first opened in May and had a opportunity to return recently. It's still my favorite hotel in Fort Worth for convenience and value. The staff is now more experienced and as friendly as ever. On my first visit, we stayed in an odd-numbered room facing the parking garage and away from the railroad tracks. This time, my room was even-numbered, facing Forest Park Blvd. and closer to the railroad tracks. While the noise level was acceptable, and a huge improvement over other hotels in the area, I believe the odd-numbered rooms on the south side of the building are the quietest.

As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe here. The parking garage was well-lit and an easy walk to the front door. The only thing missing was an in-room safe. I thought all hotels had those these days!

The breakfast is quite good, but if you want something less expensive, there is now a Torchy's Tacos next door.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms closest to W. Rosedale are slightly quieter than those facing Forest Park towards...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear eksdhs,

Thank you for taking time to review our property on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back in the near future! Happy Holidays and thank you for staying with us!

Best regards,