“Somebody forgot to tell them this is a budget hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Weekend
Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Somebody forgot to tell them this is a budget hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I knew something was amiss when I walked in the bathroom off the lobby and found rolled hand towels on the granite counter tops. This is a new hotel so everything was in tiptop shape. Every detail was planned and accounted for. If you have kids under 10, they will spend hours in their mini waterpark/pool. It's incredible that they don't charge extra. And there is a whirlpool for the adults. But what really blew me away was the staff. Every single member of this staff spoke to me, the maids, the gardeners, the front desk personel, the wait staff. Not a single one let me go by without greeting me and welcoming me to their hotel. The friendly attentive service here was better than I experienced at the St. Regis in Bora Bora. I was so impressed with this hotel. The location was perfect for me. Easy access to downtown. There is some construction going on around the hotel and on some of the roads close by. And my rental car GPS couldn't find the street the hotel is on. But my AAA triptik took right to it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Anton R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear wanttotravelalot,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your comments with TripAdvisor community. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future. I apologize for the inconvenience related to GPS location of our hotel - due to relatively young age of the property, we work diligently with MapQuest and other locator services to update the mapping database. Meanwhile, if I may suggest, please use 2222 W. Rosedale St., Fort Worth, TX for GPS navigation to locate our hotel.
Thank you again for sharing your comments and for staying with us!
I would like to wish you Safe and Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Anton S. Rykov

Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed here while visiting family for Thanksgiving on Nov 2012. Excellent new hotel! Staff was friendly and courteous. Rooms were clean, and well equipped. The pool was great for the kids and we spent many hours here. The breakfast was outstanding. Free shuttle to Zoo, Downtown, and Science Museum was a nice touch. The only minor downside is the amount of construction that is happening to the freeways in the area. The immediate exit is open, but expect some delays during rush hour. Also, the hotel is located near busy train tracks, noise is normally not a problem but on occasion you can hear them blowing a whistle.

Would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Anton R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear gary s,

Thank you for your feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you in the future. Have Happy and Safe Holidays!

Anton S. Rykov

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I made reservations personally for friends coming in town for Thanksgiving. Both are attorneys who come to Fort Worth often. This hotel has easy access to downtown with comfort and good staffing. Very nice rooms, quiet, even though there is construction going on across the parking lot.
Not much of a view from any area. Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn did an outstanding job from check-in to check-out and were very friendly, professional and accommodating. Although the hotel is located at the intersection of some major roads, the rooms were quiet, even the even numbered rooms which face a road.
The breakfast staff did a great job ensuring that everyone was served their made-to-order breakfasts in a timely manner and topped-up on coffee. The quality and selection of food was great. The workout facility was completely adequate and the indoor pool has some excellent "aquatic entertainment".
Rooms were clean and comfortable, and provide a variety pillows from soft to not-quite-firm. The large HDTV had an excellent picture and a large variety of channels. Internet speed was good. My only complaint is that in-room safes are not provided, so I had to leave my laptop at the front-desk.
Overall, an excellent experience. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: There's not much view in any direction. Odd numbered rooms face the parking lot and city, and ar...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
California, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is my fourth stay at a Hilton Garden Inn this year (59 Hilton brand nights so far this year) and it seems like each one is better the last. From reception to an outstanding full breakfast, the service was super. The weekday breakfasts were served and the weekend breakfasts were buffet style...either way the service was great. I did not use their shuttle service, but noticed it was always running and looked like a good option to get around town if you don't have a vehicle. The pool and fitness room looked great too although I didn't use them either. The only problems worth noting are the "little bit noisy" refrigerator and the fact that there are no restaurants, other than the hotel restaurant, within walking distance...there is a mexican style restaurant that is currently under construction next door. There are many restaurants 2 to 3 miles away. My stay was business related but I would recommend this hotel for any sort of trip.

Room Tip: try a package with the full breakfast
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn the night of October 19th when I was in town for a wedding. I had booked my room through a third party, and when I got to the hotel they were having trouble finding the reservation. While I was looking for my confirmation number, the Front Desk employee found that I had accidentally made my reservation for the week before. The problem was Texas Tech was playing TCU and nearly the entire city was sold out, including the Hilton Garden Inn. I was wondering what I was going to do, and the Front Desk was able to find one additional room and get me set up for that night at a rate that wasn't too much higher than what I paid for the night before. Considering my other option was sleeping in my rental car I gladly accepted. The hotel was great - excellent night sleep and the only small issue was a buzzing sound from the refrigerator, which the front desk offered to try and fix, but I got back so late I just told them the next day was fine and unplugged it for the night. I called after I got back home to see about a possible refund for the night I didn't use due to what was entirely my mistake. I spoke with Anton the GM and he was kind enough to refund me that night so I did not end up making a costly mistake. All in all I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Fort Worth. Great product, great service and great value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed with friends at the Hilton in Fort Worth. I don't know if it is because it is Texas or what, but I don't remember ever staying at a place that was so friendly. My friend is a gold member so we got the full breakfast each morning and it was delicious! (Best biscuits and gravy ever!!) The continental breakfast that was complimentary to all guests looked great as well. Everyone from the check in personnel to the waiters were so nice and friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Plus they have a free shuttle service to all the museums in the area. That was so convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fort Worth Medical Center? Share your experiences!