“well run facility” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Urbana, IL
“well run facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights to visit family in Fort Worth. The hotel proprietor was friendly and helpful, and learned my name right away. The hotel was clean and well staffed and the breakfast was as could be expected at this type of hotel.
Breakfast was hard-boiled eggs, four cold cereals, biscuits and gravy, waffles, orange juice and apple juice, toast and pastries. There were apples and oranges and yogurt as well.
Parking was plentiful. I would stay here again. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HemantPandya, Owner at BEST WESTERN Fort Worth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear and great guest Onurbmot from Urbana, IL
“well run facility”

I can not disclose name here. But your nice picture is your name.

Usaly I have an excuse for not remebering names. Excuses such as: My gray hairs, ESL, Stress etc..
In your case, I was Lucky to remeber your name as Our First meeting was so impressive-not to forget you.

Please, make it a point to stay with our great care taking staff and let them enjoy the loyalty of frequesnt guets.

& Staff-who cares

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Graham, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have never been so outraged as I am about my stay at this Best Western. First let me start off by saying that I work for Best Western, so naturally when I travel I stay at their hotels. I chose this particular hotel because it was close to my destination and had great reviews. When we checked-in everything was normal, we paid cash and they still wanted to authorize for incidentals a hold on a cc for 80.0 Like I said I work at BW, never in my history of hotels have I seen an incidental report bill for a LIMITED service hotel of 80.0!?!? They do not even offer room service.. Anyway we got that taken care of with help from a wonderful exceptional gentlemen working the counter. He was awesome. Here comes the clincher, we stayed probably a maximum of 16 hours in this hotel. The first night stay was fine nothing exceptional, the phone was broken in our room and when i alerted the FD staff - they apologized but didn't fix it. Breakfast the next morning left something to be desired. Again I understand that as a limited property they don't offer a whole lot so I wasn't expecting a whole lot. Anyway after breakfast that morning my husband and I went shopping with our family who stays in the area. After 5 long hours of shopping we decided to head back to the hotel for some rest, mind you we live 3 hours away so when we get a chance to spend with our nieces and nephews we get pretty excited. We decided to bring 2 of our nephews to the hotel with us to spend some time playing the video game before we left out for dinner that night. When we pulled in, we realized we needed something from the convenience store located just outside the property. We sent the boys to go and get it. I come out of our room no later than 10 minutes to the owner of this property asking me questions about how many guests I have staying and saying they will charge me 150.0 per extra guest. I am immediately blown away by his rashness and try to explain that they aren't staying at the hotel. Let me just state that this was 5:00 in the afternoon it wasn't even dark out for him to accuse us of trying to sneak people in. When I stopped him to ask if he was aware if I was a BW employee he rudely suggested that I should know better than having more guest in room, and that I was trying to "teach him something" when in fact all I was trying to tell him was that I understood better than anyone policy and I was just having guest. He proceeded to tell me that my boys told him they were staying here and they disturbing guest, well excuse me but I think his yelling at me and the kids was more disturbing than a couple of 11 year olds entering the building. Kids will be kids. There is no excuse for a grown man to act like that and insult a woman of all things. I was so shaken that I told him we would just check out since he was being so rude and he refused to give me a refund. So no thank you - I will never stay at this hotel again and I plan on submitting this complaint to BW, TRIPADVISOR and ANYONE ELSE WHO WILL LISTEN! It's sad that the OWNER of a property can ruin the stay of an otherwise decent hotel. I've always been taught that your guest are your inspectors, in this case you fail in customer service. And to the owner who gets on here and replies to all the guests rudely at that may I just ask you to save it! You should be ashamed of your actions and I do not need a snide remark blaming the situation on me. There is not another hotel I can dream of that would basically tell someone they couldn't have guest in a room they were paying for. And to question little boys, and take their answer at word is just beyond ridiculous!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HemantPandya, Owner at BEST WESTERN Fort Worth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest
Thanks a lot for your very detailed and exagareted review from wrong side of binoculars.

While personally, I am very sorry for the entire unpleasant chain of events, however, I will respond with my side of the story in short:

Very important fact is that you are Best Western Employee from other property. Thanks for using us.

Now- the whole incident would have been avoided:
(1) If, You had respected our hotel policies.
(2) If, you had taken just little trouble getting out of your bed room and
(3) If, you had advised both your kids to behave, Stop running around the hallways, entrances and exits.
(4) If, you had cared about our other guests who also are equally important to my business.
(5) If, you had not tried to influence me with your Best Western employee Status at other BW property to imply that you are beyond our policy as BW employee.

I really thank you again to post your experince on this site.
Because, this gave me an opportunity to educate my own employees, other BW owners, other BW employees who read this review that “Please, respect and follow the policy of the Host Best Western where you stay and that do not abuse your special status as a BW employee.

Regards
And happy Valentines Day.
Hemant Pandya and all staff- who cares about each and every guest
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family stayed here this past weekend while visiting Stockyard Days in Fort Worth and tooling around in Dallas. Great hotel for the money. The rooms were good sized (ours came with 2 queen beds and a nice sitting area with a coffee table) and feature crown moulding. The Internet speed is fantastic. There is a Starbucks around the corner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HemantPandya, Owner at BEST WESTERN Fort Worth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear and Valued Guest LJSU San Diego, California
“Great Value & Excellent Internet Speed”
We thank you for your nice compliments about our spacious room size (400 sq Ft).
We thank you also to appriciate our superfast internet speed (T3= 4.5 mgb)
and for the rest of observations.
Please, let me know about your next stay and we will be ready to make that stay as happy as this one. Call us at 817-246-8777 and any FD staff will take care of your needs.

and Best Team members of Best Western Fort Worth
Bellville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while attending the Fort Worth Stock Show. Very, very clean. Superb place to stay. This is our second year to book this hotel for the stock show, and we will return every year. Wonderful staff. Home away from Home.

Dena J

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HemantPandya, Owner at BEST WESTERN Fort Worth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest Dena J from Bellville, Texas, United States ,“Stock Show Stay”

Thanks for investing your time in sharing your pleasant stay with other future guests.
Thanks for being a perfect leader in getting all your team members here at my hotel.
Thank you for donating the electric skillet to our house keeper. She has conveyed her thanks to you.
Thanks again for choosing us again and again each and evry year for Stock Show Events.

Let us know- how can we help you for your future stay and call us at 817-246-8777.

Best Regards
Best team Of Best Western Fort Worth Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for several years for our annual trip to the stock show and rodeo and will continue to stay there. The staff is amazing, they go above and beyond their call of duty. The hotel is kept very clean, the rooms are exceptional. There was a problem in the main best western computer system regarding my platinum status and they went out of their way to make sure it was fixed and that I got my benefits. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest Jhickingboo “Love to stay at this hotel”

Thanks very much for acknoledging my staff. They are real jewels.
I am here because of them.
I am glad that you have understood the technical glitch in two different system. But, all woekd out good at the end.
Also, Thank you vey much for being BWR Platinum member.

We will see you and rest assured- you will be at this home again as comfortavle as at your real home in Mansfield, LA.

Best regards
from
Best team of Best Western Fort Worth
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days during the week. First, it is in a fantastic location. Right near tons of restaurants, stores and the interstate. The staff was nice, my room was clean and included a mini fridge. This hotel is newer, so that is nice too. Breakfast was decent, waffles, cereals, juice, milk, muffins, fruit, etc. Good stay, would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear and Respected Guest Stallenjan Marietta, Georgia
You are so well travelled guests. You are very observant person. And that makes your good compliments for my property- Very very prestigious review.

Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words to us , my staff and my inroom decor.

Our HK and FD staff makes the difference- because they CARE.

Please, let me know- how can I assist you in future by calling 817-246-8777. We all ready to host your stay again and again.

and
Best Team of the Best Western
Sugar Land, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel 3 times this past year because it is located in the area of our activities in Ft. Worth. The personel are always helpful, friendly and available. The beds are comfortable and it is easy to regulate the room temperature. The room we had this last visit smelled strong of moth balls. I had brought a room spray that somewhat covered that odor. Was disappointed that there wasn't bottled water available to purchase from the vending machines.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HemantPandya, Owner at BEST WESTERN Fort Worth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear and respected guest Best Western traveler from CHARLOTTE D Sugar Land, Texas, USA

I personaly apologize for the smell of moth balls. You were correct. It was moth balls. We had it to make sure- cold season- does not cause flu and sanatizing issues. May be we had one too much.

The bottled water issue: that is also one more negative points. Thanks for reporting it. This will make me fix it asap. There is mecahanical failure and I was unable to fix it. I will try to fix asap.

Thanks for staying with us again and again for many many years.
You are our ears and eyes to keep this place neat and clean and functioning 100% in order.

Please, call us at 817-246-8777 for any help in city of Fort Worth. We will be glad to help you.

Regards
Hemant Pandya and all the staff members.

Been to BEST WESTERN Fort Worth Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!