“Something different in a town full of BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

817-332-9110
Improve this listing
Ranked #222 of 1,269 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Thai
“Something different in a town full of BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Was in town for a convention and staying at a near by hotel. Decided to do something different for lunch. I ordered Pad Thai, my roommate ordered soup and spring rolls. Her order came long before mine did. I waved down our waitress and asked about my meal. She said it would be out momentarily. The place was busy with fellow conventioneers, since it was Saturday and there were few places open near the Convention Center.

My Pad Thai arrived and it was delicious. Paid average price for Thai food. With tip, it was $12.

Visited September 2013

Kembs, France
“Second great experience on Thai food in Fort Worth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was returning for the second time to this great Thai restaurant in Fort Worth, this time with a Japanese colleague. We are both quite experienced in real Thai food in Asia and we can confirm that it was quite authentic, nicely spicy and original for a Thai restaurant in Texas.

I personnaly ordered some fried gyoza (ok not really Thai food..), a nice Tom Kha Goong (spicy coconut soup with shrimps) and a Som Tam (Spicy green Papaya salad). I've also had an excellent Thai tea as a drink.

What was finally different from my last visit was the Ipad app to pay the bill with my corporate card with some preconfigured tips options and the option to get the receipt directly to my mail.

I will definitvely go back to that place, maybe even this week!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Visited with two friends. Food was great and atmosphere very nice! Shared delicious appetizers, then had a wonderful curry entree.
Around the corner from the Hilton, so very convient, especially from the run back in the rain. The plastic bags Tie provide us where great help to staying dry.

Visited March 2013
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Good Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great Tai food located near the convention center in downtown Ft. Worth. Walking distance from the Hilton and Omni. Low-key atmosphere, friendly service, great food. Went for dinner one night, returned the next day for lunch. Spicy Basil with Chicken both times. Enjoyed the uniqueness of the corn cakes the first night.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mussoorie, India
“My three lunches,,,,,,,,,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was recently in Ft Worth for three days and had lunch at Tie Thai each time, and greatly enjoyed each meal. Since there was a convention it was mobbed two of the three times and while the service could have been better, even the one time it wasn't mobbed it wouldn't keep me from returning.

The atmosphere is nice without being pretentious, or sparse like so many Asian restaurants. There is a bar in the front, but I don't think they serve drinks til dinner time. Someone at lunch asked for a her and I believe that is why he couldn't get it. So be mindful of that if you are going there for a lunch and want drinks as well.

The lunch menu had many options and it was hard to choose. The first time I went with the the Spicy Basil (Sweet basil, onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushroom, baby corn and Thai chili) and it had a really nice balance of flavors as Thai cooking should have. Nothing was overpowering. While I asked for it very spicy, it wasn't what I call very spicy, but I am not your average eater when it comes to spice. It wasn't til the last meal did I learn the secret was to ask for Thai spicy. The baby corn which is a great little texture was my only complaint as it taste a bit like it came from a can, which I am sure it did. They are delicate little guys and its rare that any restaurant gets it without a linger of that flavor which is sad.

I ordered it with chicken which was cut thin and went very nicely with the resulting sauce and mingling flavors. There was more basil than what one would get in most places which was a nice surprise but its still far less than I would like. Honest Thai cooking would have much more as its much more of the body of the dish but there is an Americanization in most Thai restaurants that lean towards using it more as a garnish. Here it feel between an integral part and a garnish, but I do keep wondering why when basil is in the name there is so little of it.

Day two I started with the Corn Patties which were unique in the world or corn patties. They were formed in a patty as I think of patties but it was grilled corn cut from the cob and no real filer but a binder that I wasn't sure what it was as it was almost invisible and so delicate that the masses would fall apart easily. The waiter couldn't tell me what held it together. It was like straight corn so it was a bit without flavor on its own but a touch or salt and pepper and some sirracha in the vinegar based sauce brought it all together wonderfully.

I had the Spicy Peanut (Homemade peanut sauce on a bed of steam broccoli, cabbage and bean sprout) I loved the quality, thickness and velvety smoothness of the peanut sauce. I would have loved more spice, of course. Too often peanut sauce suffers to being either too thick or too thin and a one note flavor and this peanut sauce suffered none of these problems. The cabbage was left in too large of chunks but the flavor was a delight.

On day three I had the Laarb, which they called a Spicy Grilled Beef Salad (Grilled sliced beef with cucumber onion, tomato, lettuce, mint, cilantro and Thai spices in lime vinaigrette) which had a nice kick to it but was a classic feel to it even though there was no rice powder used.

I would have continued eating there and finding more delightful sensations but that is all I had time for. I did hear a couple of people comment specifically on the Pad Thai being particularly good.

Well worth the trip.