“It feels like heaven....(to foodies)” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 1,349 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Fort Worth, Texas
“It feels like heaven....(to foodies)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Is the food expensive? Yes, but is the assortment worth every penny? YES! I'm one of those people who could care less about a mall but give me a store like Central Market and I'll spend 5 hours in there. They have the finest of foods, a cheese section to die for, cooking classes, a cafe section & during the warmer months they have 3 nights of live music where you can buy your food already prepared or heat it there as well as buy your beer, wine or margaritas and let the kids play on the small playground and sit outrside and listen to music under the stars. It doesn't get any better than that nor less expensive for a night of live music.
If you love food or more so love to cook you MUST try Central Market, regardless of which location you go to (although I love this one the best) you won't be sorry.

Visited January 2013

“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Always clean. Always fresh food. The sandwiches made in the Cafe on the Run are delicious and inexpensive. I often pick up their Pre-made dinners for two for a delicious dinner for my boyfriend and I!

Visited January 2013
“Favorite Grocery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I also enjoy going to Central Market. I can find most speciality products there. I enjoy the ready made foods as well as the quick meal take out. The events they have in their school are fun and informative

Visited December 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great olive and salad bar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great olives and friday night burgers on the porch! Served with cold beer and lots of people. Great pizzas and sandwiches as well. Lots of local food with really informed staff.

Visited November 2012
“Dangerous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My first couple trips to Central Market my eyes got me into trouble filling up my cart too quickly with scads of cool stuff that you won't see in other grocery stores. Since this time my friends and I have formulated a plan. First, go in the cafe and eat. yes eat. Eat the wonderful food and if it has green chile in it, chances are its fantastic. They have some kind of bottled water that's made just for Central Market at like 40 cents a bottle that tastes "soft" for lack of a better word and pretty awesome. Then get some of the best gelato in all of Texas. Really, my friends and I agree that Central Market gelato is better than Paciugo or the italian place on Main Street in Grapevine or Cowboy's Gelato in Amarillo. Mario's on the Seawall in Galveston in my mind has the very best gelato in Texas and Central Market is number 2 in my book and a whole lot closer to home. They give free tastes and will blend flavors in your cup if you request it. Once I got pineapple and coconut blended and my friends all had gelato cup envy. Now once your belly is full of great food and gelato, then and only then should you let yourself loose shopping in Central Market so you can keep your purchases under control. If you're in the refrigerated deli section, look for the pimento cheese made in South Carolina with a couple palm trees on the label. Best dang pimento cheese you've ever had in your whole life. Just try it and then try to tell me I'm wrong, go on, I dare you. Central Market also has the best selection of organic soap in DFW and their floral department is also the best in a grocery store. They have garden roses that are swoon worthy. And the wine... oh my. Don't even get me started on wine. They break it down by section so if you want sweet wine like I crave just go to the sweet section. or you can go to the "Buy Local" area and look at only Texas wines and make a selection. They have fancy French wine too. I love going to Central Market the most during Hatch Green Chile festival when they roast chile peppers out in the parking lot. Any field trip to Central Market is a good day. Central Market is technically owned by H.E. Butts Grocery which owns H.E.B. so I think of it as gourmet H.E.B. awesomeness.

Visited December 2012