“Vintage Charm and Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Lockheart Gables Bed & Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   5220 Locke Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76107   |
Ranked #4 of 16 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
Garland, Texas, United States
“Vintage Charm and Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Vintage charm and hospitality! Bill and Kelly were exceptional hosts! Our accomodations were very romantic and cozy. It was such an awesome surprise to be served one of the most scrumptious breaksfasts in our room in the morning. Thank you for an amazing experience!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from highway if you prefer less traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had my wedding here. I loved the venue and the price but the owners(married couple) are a nightmare. They forgot our appointments, including my bridal shoot. The owner was not nice to my family that showed up "too early" and just wanted to use the restroom. The owner (husband) also barged into my bridal suite while we were getting ready (before the wedding) to fix the bathtub. We found a dirty hair rubber band in the shower and when I dropped my ring behind the bed, I had to dig through mounds of dust bunnies to get it. I asked the owner (wife) not to be with me before I walked down the aisle because she was such a pain to deal with during the whole process. I had a family member help out on the day of the wedding which really worked out and I recommend doing that if you pick this venue. The owners did not plant fresh flowers even though they told us they would when we toured the venue. They also DID NOT DRESS UP for the wedding, but wouldn't leave the back of the wedding and hung around the entire time. I have them in the back of some of my pictures that are now ruined. They wore jean shorts, tennis shoes, and casual shirts. They also did not make an effort to move the fertilizer and gardening supplies so my husband had to find a way to cover it up because it was right where the catering line was located. The pastor did not come to the rehearsal and so the owners lead the rehearsal but they really just told us how to walk in, when it came to the ceremony they just said to follow the pastor's lead during that time. We brought a tie for the pastor to wear because the one he chose was inappropriate He also did not look like he had a shower that day. The owner (wife) was also rude to my dad and made fun of him to me saying that he asked "stupid questions" about the wedding contract. The wedding contract was vague and my dad is a very educated man so I doubt the questions were stupid. She was the most difficult to deal with, but after we put down the deposit we were stuck there. The microphone didn't work well so during our wedding party toasts the sound was cutting in and out. The pictures really turned out well and I love my husband and our guests so it worked out. It is a beautiful place to have a wedding.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
hblvdx2, General Manager at Lockheart Gables Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Feedback is welcomed and appreciated. Management, innkeepers and staff wish to extend sincere apology for any inconvenience or unpleasantness encountered during this experience with Lockheart Gables. Most weddings here are followed by great reviews, making it all the more disheartening to learn of such an unpleasant experience. Couple said they enjoyed their experience when checking out, so innkeepers had no knowledge of bride’s dissatisfaction until this review, more than six months after the event. The innkeepers' passion is to provide the best guest experience possible, so they were deeply saddened to learn of this. Innkeepers believed a good relationship existed with the groom following several lengthy and pleasant conversations, including discussing contracting him to rebuild the B&B website. Groom informed innkeepers he would be handling wedding details to help his bride who was facing tough finals.

Inappropriate appearance of innkeepers and minister was unavoidable. As the bride was made aware of when she arrived, frantic efforts were underway to restore hot water to their suite. It was an unusual and very difficult problem to diagnose and repair, requiring several people several hours outside in the heat, overlapping into the wedding. The minister worked until time to dress for the wedding, while the others continued working to avoid having to move the wedding couple to a different suite. It regrettably required faucets to be tested for hot water, thus necessitating the unwelcome interruptions referenced, each done with permission to enter. Innkeepers are required to maintain a presence at weddings to be available for the wedding couple and their guests. Innkeepers were not made aware of any items needing to be moved, nor of problems with the microphone – both of which would have been taken care of immediately. Guests searching for a restroom were directed to the bathroom located in the garden, specifically for weddings.

A major landscape firm was hired to “dress” the garden. Since their rep had a wedding scheduled in the garden a few weeks prior to this one, expectations were very high. Tragically, all but one of the plants died within a short time. Repeated promises to replace the plants never happened. Subsequent arrangements regrettably could not be completed in time.

Please be assured that appropriate changes have been implemented. Cleaning crew was replaced immediately, with comments used to restructure training for new employees. Wedding contracts were rewritten for clarity. All at Lockheart Gables request the honor of serving the wedding couple in the manner consistent with the passion we all share - bride and groom were invited and encouraged to return for a complimentary night’s stay.
denton, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The new owners lack the combination of verve and energy and good taste that makes an excellent b&b. The food was fine and the bed was good but some usual amenities -- ones that are inexpensive-- were absent (conditioner, lotion, shower cap, etc.). The door to another room was open when we arrived, providing a view of an unmade bed. It was still unmade when we left. The owners mean well but need to see some good b&bs and emulate them. More fundamentally, they may not have the personality that makes the b&b experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
hblvdx2, Guest Relations Manager at Lockheart Gables Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Comments and feedback are both welcome and appreciated. The management and innkeepers extend their regrets for not meeting expectations. The amenities mentioned are typically standard in all suites, but apparently omitted by the person who cleaned that suite. It is undesirable that any guest would have to see an unclean suite.

To better address the issues regarding the innkeepers, management has requested a private email explaining comments about the innkeepers.
Round Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I took my husband here for his 65th birthday and we loved it. The room was so romantic and beautiful. The heart shaped tub with all the candles was something everyone should experience. They pay attention to the smallest details from roses to books. The sheets were fabulous (so we ordered a pair). This was a surprise for my husband so they arranged everything from the surprise dinner to the surprise couples massage. Breakfast in our room was delicious and Bill and Kelly are wonderful inn keepers. We will definately be back. If you want romance this is the place to go.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, just go on the website and look at the one that fits your taste!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Colleyville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I took my beautiful lady to stay at Lockheart Gables last weekend, and to say it was a wonderful experience is an understatement. From the moment I made our reservation, Kelly was very helpful and attentive to my questions; it was obvious that she wanted to make sure our stay was memorable.

Upon our arrival, Bill and Kelly showed us around the property, gave us a little bit of history regarding the house, and then provided us with delicious peach tea and personalized heart shaped cookies; a very nice touch! I had arranged ahead of time for Kelly to have a bath drawn for my sweetheart when we arrived, and she had everything ready to go, including lighting candles around the giant heart-shaped bathtub, as soon as we walked into the room. The personalized and friendly service provided by Bill & Kelly was outstanding!

In addition to the sheer beauty of the property, the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in (wait until you feel the sheets) and the breakfast was absolutely delicious; perfectly cooked omelets and a giant cinnamon roll shaped like a heart, combined with fresh fruit, a carafe of hot coffee, water and orange juice...all delivered bedside!

Lockheart Gables is a wonderful B&B, and the owners are really great people. I highly recommend this B&B, and we will definitely return soon!

Room Tip: A Moment in Time was wonderful but after viewing the other rooms I can tell you that you really can...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband arranged for this lovely weekend for my 65th Birthday. What a weekend: from the roses, chocolate covered strawberries & Birthday cookies to the exquisite breakfasts served in our room. We enjoyed the lovely period bedrooms but the heart-shaped bath was a dream. We also enjoyed the short walk to Central Market. If your looking for a romantic B&B, this one will charm you. A personal "Thanks" to Bill & Kelly for making our weekend "the Best".

Room Tip: Forever Yours was our favorite room with it's heart-shaped tub
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had my wedding here on October 10, 2012. It was a wonderful experience! The wedding was flawless. The cake and punch was delicious. We had an outdoor wedding at the gazebo. It was perfect weather. The hospitality was great. We stayed in the Love Nest. Its a beautiful hideaway from the world. The breakfast was delicious. I can't think of anything bad to say about it. It was absolutely perfect. The building and the rooms have so much character and history. I would definitely recommend this B+B to any couple. It was absolutely magical. The pictures came out beautiful. Here's a link to the flickr account of our wedding pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathyandivanwedding/

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lockheart Gables Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!