“Romance is in the air” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Fort Worth B&B and Inns
Round Rock
“Romance is in the air”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I took my husband here for his 65th birthday and we loved it. The room was so romantic and beautiful. The heart shaped tub with all the candles was something everyone should experience. They pay attention to the smallest details from roses to books. The sheets were fabulous (so we ordered a pair). This was a surprise for my husband so they arranged everything from the surprise dinner to the surprise couples massage. Breakfast in our room was delicious and Bill and Kelly are wonderful inn keepers. We will definately be back. If you want romance this is the place to go.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, just go on the website and look at the one that fits your taste!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Colleyville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I took my beautiful lady to stay at Lockheart Gables last weekend, and to say it was a wonderful experience is an understatement. From the moment I made our reservation, Kelly was very helpful and attentive to my questions; it was obvious that she wanted to make sure our stay was memorable.

Upon our arrival, Bill and Kelly showed us around the property, gave us a little bit of history regarding the house, and then provided us with delicious peach tea and personalized heart shaped cookies; a very nice touch! I had arranged ahead of time for Kelly to have a bath drawn for my sweetheart when we arrived, and she had everything ready to go, including lighting candles around the giant heart-shaped bathtub, as soon as we walked into the room. The personalized and friendly service provided by Bill & Kelly was outstanding!

In addition to the sheer beauty of the property, the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in (wait until you feel the sheets) and the breakfast was absolutely delicious; perfectly cooked omelets and a giant cinnamon roll shaped like a heart, combined with fresh fruit, a carafe of hot coffee, water and orange juice...all delivered bedside!

Lockheart Gables is a wonderful B&B, and the owners are really great people. I highly recommend this B&B, and we will definitely return soon!

Room Tip: A Moment in Time was wonderful but after viewing the other rooms I can tell you that you really can...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband arranged for this lovely weekend for my 65th Birthday. What a weekend: from the roses, chocolate covered strawberries & Birthday cookies to the exquisite breakfasts served in our room. We enjoyed the lovely period bedrooms but the heart-shaped bath was a dream. We also enjoyed the short walk to Central Market. If your looking for a romantic B&B, this one will charm you. A personal "Thanks" to Bill & Kelly for making our weekend "the Best".

Room Tip: Forever Yours was our favorite room with it's heart-shaped tub
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had my wedding here on October 10, 2012. It was a wonderful experience! The wedding was flawless. The cake and punch was delicious. We had an outdoor wedding at the gazebo. It was perfect weather. The hospitality was great. We stayed in the Love Nest. Its a beautiful hideaway from the world. The breakfast was delicious. I can't think of anything bad to say about it. It was absolutely perfect. The building and the rooms have so much character and history. I would definitely recommend this B+B to any couple. It was absolutely magical. The pictures came out beautiful. Here's a link to the flickr account of our wedding pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathyandivanwedding/

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is probably the most romantic place we have ever been. We went for our 31st anniversary and were delighted with our visit. Bill and Kelly were very gracious and helpful. The room was perfect, but we will try a cottage when we return. The cinnamon rolls on the heart-shaped plate were to die for. The prayer room was unique and provided a wonderful place for daily devotionals.I highly recommend this place for those who are "in the mood for love."

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were remarried on what would have been our 15th anniversary at Lockheart. We originally planned on a big party later in the year but decided on something much smaller and the B&B was perfect. We had stayed there before but this was our first experience with Bill & Kelly. I can't tell you how great and wonderful it was for us. We had an outdoor wedding with about 130 close friends and family. Their staff was very cordial and helpful. It was absolutely perfect from the moment we arrived to set up. They were very accommodating and took care of so much more than I expected. We stayed that evening in the Beloved Cottage and the changes that have been made from our prior visit were amazing!! Our guests were jealous. And let's not forget about breakfast...AMAZING!!! I can't say thanks enough to Bill & Kelly for all they did. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2012
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My mother in law suggested this place and we could not have been more pleased. With about a month to the wedding date, they were able to get us the day we wanted and Kelly took care of everything from the set up and tear down to the cake and minister! It was truly the best experience that I could have imagined. The food is fantastic and Kelly and her husband do a wonderful job of handling everything and making you feel at home while your a guest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Lockheart Gables Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
It was such an honor getting to be such an important part of your special day! Thank you - MRS LOOMER (don't you LOVE that name?) - for the wonderful words. Bill and I are looking forward to having you as our guests in the future. As much as you enjoyed the room, no doubt your stay will be much more enjoyable when it isn't following a stressful wedding day! :-)

Been to Lockheart Gables Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!