“Comfortable rooms, a bit out there” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle

Save Saved
You added Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle to your Saves list
Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3300 Championship Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76177 (Formerly Doral Tesoro Hotel and Golf Club)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #38 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Barbara, CA/Dallas, TX
“Comfortable rooms, a bit out there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This property is not anywhere near downtown Fort Worth so it's not a good overnight stay if you're trying to get to the convention center or the zoo. However, if you're just there to spend the night and get away from the heart of the city this is the place. I got this room at a reduced price on priceline.com. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and the bathroom was nice. We went for a walk on the paths through the golf course. Just watch for the carts, they move quickly! It was cold so we didn't walk too far. The best part was the night, it was QUIET and peaceful. The only complaint I have is that the doors slam shut and when any room around you leaves/enters you will hear it. Also, you can hear conversations in the hallway as they pass by. We got a room at the very end of the hall so this was a minimal interruption.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It is a bit out of the area and a drive to the airport. It didnt seem like there was a lot around the hotel. It was a nice hotel and had everything you need when traveling. My only dislike was when in the guest room you could hear lots of noise from other guest rooms

• Stayed January 2013
Jim C, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. As a hotel with a golf course, it is ideal to be further away from the city to give our guests the opportunity to relax and unwind. We are also minutes from Roanoke which is officially the “unique dining capital of Texas” Please accept our apologies for the noise complaint during your stay and please come back to see us.
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was at this hotel for business and everything was handled well. The room was spacious, the staff was courteous and the hotel is updated. My only concern was the amount of noise coming through the adjoining room door (not to mention the people next door who wanted to talk all night long). Even with this, it was a very nice stay and certainly someplace that I would return to if the need arose.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel is a bit ragged on the edges. Some renovation has been done and the lobby, bar, and my guest room looked good. The restaurant not so much. One of the guests told me the hotel was for sale and that explains a lot. I don't think they're spending one dime more than they need to. The guestrooms don't have bolt locks, just a filmsy U-bolt. The breakfast buffet was fair but more like a Residence Inn, not a full service Marriott (hot food cold and vice-versa). The exterior of the hotel is nice that it overlooks a golf club but the architecture, lights, etc. look like a 80's hotel. Seems to be a lot of "band-aiding" issues like the elevator interiors that don't match each other. No attention to detail. In room directories are useless-no room service menus or even restaurant menu info. Hours of operation for concierge lounge was incorrect and TV info was wrong as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. While our décor complies with Marriott standards and is audited on an annual basis, we welcome comments from our guests so that we may plan for future improvements. Besides, recently renovating the Blue Moon Lounge and Lobby, we upgraded to high definition channels to further enhance our guests’ experience and have now printed the new channel lineup.
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'm a Marriott rewards Elite member and needed one more night to get to the next Elite level for the 2012 calendar year. I saw a deal they were offering and telephoned the hotel to ensure I would still get credit for one night's stay if I purchased the deal. They confirmed I would, so I took the plunge.

My wife and I met friends at Billy Bob's Texas for a concert on Friday night, 12/28/2012 and headed to the hotel afterwards. Our stay went well. The rooms are nice and well-maintained (my 3rd stay at this property). We even received free breakfast the next morning since the concierge lounge was closed. The breakfast buffet was decent and the accompanying omelet bar service was a nice touch. It's important to note that this property is right across the street from TX Motor Speedway and has a fantastic golf course, so location is good if either of those are what you're after. Overall, we enjoyed the stay and the property.

The rub comes in over the past couple of weeks. This may or may not be the fault of the local property, but it's all the same to me. Marriott is accountable.

I choose to stay at Marriott properties because I like the overall consistency and level of oversight the company provides for most all of the properties associated with it. I'll be brief as to this point. It's now 01/15/2013 and my stay on the night of 12/28/2012 has yet to be credited to my Rewards account. I've stayed at several Marriott properties since that time and all of them are already reflected in my account. I spent the money to get to the next Marriott Rewards level and they STILL have not yet promoted me. What this means to me is that I'm not getting the proper amount of bonus points for the Elite level I should be at for stays I'm making this year. I have had 2-3 email exchanges with the Marriott Rewards customer service folks and have even CC'd the local Property Mgr to try and get this resolved. Nothing has been done other than my getting some scripted email responses that mostly amount to excuses in my view. My last correspondence advised them that I would be switching to Hilton's loyalty program if they don't correct the problem ASAP. I currently have a reservation for tomorrow night at a Courtyard in Houston, TX and am now looking for a Hilton property I can stay at while there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As per our phone conversation, I am happy to hear that the rewards issue has been resolved. Please feel free to contact me for any further assistance.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We got our room through price line at off season rate $45 exclude tax. It was the best experienced ever! We were placed at 8th floor- best view day and night! The room was extremely clean, the service was great, we didn't used the swimming pool but saw it was huge. Comfortable bed and pillow-We slept like a baby.

Room Tip: pick the top floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Some Marroitt's have character and warmth. Not this one. I don't know if it was just the time of year - even in Texas December can be bit bleak - but I really didn't feel that welcome. With one exception, the staff didn't seem that eager to please, and over the three days I was there, not one member of staff showed any interest in me and my stay. The food was average, but the room was fine. Although the pillows were either too small or too hard! I think I'd look for an alternative next time I'm in Dallas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle

Address: 3300 Championship Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76177 (Formerly Doral Tesoro Hotel and Golf Club)
Location: United States > Texas > Fort Worth
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Green Hotel in Fort Worth
#14 Romantic Hotel in Fort Worth
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle 3.5*
The Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle is a Fort Worth resort that overlooks a pristine, 18-hole Jay Morrish golf course and is also adjacent to the Texas Motor Speedway. Fort Worth is the ideal place for your next business or pleasure trip, full of thrilling attractions, world-class museums and performing arts centers. Our Fort Worth resort is conveniently located just minutes from Sundance Square, bursting with fine stores and restaurants. Explore the Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District nearby. Our newly renovated guestrooms offer a stylish blend of sleek design, cool colors, and first-class service. This Fort Worth resort offers a full host of features for corporate travelers including flexible meeting space and expert event planners and catering. Stay at the Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle and experience it all. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Hotel And Golf Club At Champions Circle
Marriott Fort Worth
Marriott At Champions Circle
Doral Tesoro Hotel Fort Worth

If you own or manage Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.