“It's a bit out there” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle

You added Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle to your Saves list
Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3300 Championship Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76177 (Formerly Doral Tesoro Hotel and Golf Club)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #38 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
GreenLeadersBronze level
“It's a bit out there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It is a bit out of the area and a drive to the airport. It didnt seem like there was a lot around the hotel. It was a nice hotel and had everything you need when traveling. My only dislike was when in the guest room you could hear lots of noise from other guest rooms

• Stayed January 2013
Jim C, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. As a hotel with a golf course, it is ideal to be further away from the city to give our guests the opportunity to relax and unwind. We are also minutes from Roanoke which is officially the “unique dining capital of Texas” Please accept our apologies for the noise complaint during your stay and please come back to see us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was at this hotel for business and everything was handled well. The room was spacious, the staff was courteous and the hotel is updated. My only concern was the amount of noise coming through the adjoining room door (not to mention the people next door who wanted to talk all night long). Even with this, it was a very nice stay and certainly someplace that I would return to if the need arose.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel is a bit ragged on the edges. Some renovation has been done and the lobby, bar, and my guest room looked good. The restaurant not so much. One of the guests told me the hotel was for sale and that explains a lot. I don't think they're spending one dime more than they need to. The guestrooms don't have bolt locks, just a filmsy U-bolt. The breakfast buffet was fair but more like a Residence Inn, not a full service Marriott (hot food cold and vice-versa). The exterior of the hotel is nice that it overlooks a golf club but the architecture, lights, etc. look like a 80's hotel. Seems to be a lot of "band-aiding" issues like the elevator interiors that don't match each other. No attention to detail. In room directories are useless-no room service menus or even restaurant menu info. Hours of operation for concierge lounge was incorrect and TV info was wrong as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. While our décor complies with Marriott standards and is audited on an annual basis, we welcome comments from our guests so that we may plan for future improvements. Besides, recently renovating the Blue Moon Lounge and Lobby, we upgraded to high definition channels to further enhance our guests’ experience and have now printed the new channel lineup.
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'm a Marriott rewards Elite member and needed one more night to get to the next Elite level for the 2012 calendar year. I saw a deal they were offering and telephoned the hotel to ensure I would still get credit for one night's stay if I purchased the deal. They confirmed I would, so I took the plunge.

My wife and I met friends at Billy Bob's Texas for a concert on Friday night, 12/28/2012 and headed to the hotel afterwards. Our stay went well. The rooms are nice and well-maintained (my 3rd stay at this property). We even received free breakfast the next morning since the concierge lounge was closed. The breakfast buffet was decent and the accompanying omelet bar service was a nice touch. It's important to note that this property is right across the street from TX Motor Speedway and has a fantastic golf course, so location is good if either of those are what you're after. Overall, we enjoyed the stay and the property.

The rub comes in over the past couple of weeks. This may or may not be the fault of the local property, but it's all the same to me. Marriott is accountable.

I choose to stay at Marriott properties because I like the overall consistency and level of oversight the company provides for most all of the properties associated with it. I'll be brief as to this point. It's now 01/15/2013 and my stay on the night of 12/28/2012 has yet to be credited to my Rewards account. I've stayed at several Marriott properties since that time and all of them are already reflected in my account. I spent the money to get to the next Marriott Rewards level and they STILL have not yet promoted me. What this means to me is that I'm not getting the proper amount of bonus points for the Elite level I should be at for stays I'm making this year. I have had 2-3 email exchanges with the Marriott Rewards customer service folks and have even CC'd the local Property Mgr to try and get this resolved. Nothing has been done other than my getting some scripted email responses that mostly amount to excuses in my view. My last correspondence advised them that I would be switching to Hilton's loyalty program if they don't correct the problem ASAP. I currently have a reservation for tomorrow night at a Courtyard in Houston, TX and am now looking for a Hilton property I can stay at while there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As per our phone conversation, I am happy to hear that the rewards issue has been resolved. Please feel free to contact me for any further assistance.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We got our room through price line at off season rate $45 exclude tax. It was the best experienced ever! We were placed at 8th floor- best view day and night! The room was extremely clean, the service was great, we didn't used the swimming pool but saw it was huge. Comfortable bed and pillow-We slept like a baby.

Room Tip: pick the top floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Some Marroitt's have character and warmth. Not this one. I don't know if it was just the time of year - even in Texas December can be bit bleak - but I really didn't feel that welcome. With one exception, the staff didn't seem that eager to please, and over the three days I was there, not one member of staff showed any interest in me and my stay. The food was average, but the room was fine. Although the pillows were either too small or too hard! I think I'd look for an alternative next time I'm in Dallas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Decent looking and kept hotel. However, currrent management is ruining a potential gem in DFW, especially if you like to golf.

This property overlooks what appeared to be a decent golf course. One side of the 9 floor hotel faces the "golf course", pool, and outdoor dining/lounge area.The other side, faces the parking lot. We stayed.on the "golf course" side.

First, when you drive to the property, the 1st thing you will notice is that there are no businesses, restaurants, attractions, etc anywhere near it. However, in the middle of "nowhere"- The Texas Motor Speedway stands with all it's glory. The hotel is very close to the race track. Hence, you will depend on the hotel amenties to get you through your stay unless you want to drive somewhere. Are you crossing your fingers yet?

We arrived on Thanksgiving eve 2012. We chose this hotel because they had a golf course and restaurant that was supposed to serve a Thanksgiving dinner/ buffet on the beloved holiday. Most of our family lives out of state, so we decided to have a hubby/wife mini vacation alone. We booked from 11/21- 11/24. Plan: 11/22- Golf, then Thanksgiving dinner. 11/23- Golf, then Thanksgiving/ Lights parade in Fort Worth (We purchased VIP seats at $25 a pop). 11/24- Check-out. Sounds great, huh? Well.......

Check-in- Hotel was maybe at 10% occupancy when we arrived. However, there was a line of 6 people at the "front desk". I immediately noticed there was only 1 front desk staff member, no concierge, no gift shop attendant,and no bellman. The 30 square foot "gift shop" was tucked away behind the front desk. The front desk staff member served the role as gift shop attendant and concierge as well as checking people in. This was weird. I finally checked in after waiting 15 minutes in line. I asked for a luggage cart. The front desk staff member said,"If there aren't any carts out front, then we don't have any available right now." Really? So, my wife and I schlepped our luggage up to our room on the 7th floor. There were 2 empty luugage carts in the hallway on our floor! Nice!

Room- Musty odor, but relatively clean. Great, high output shower. Decent bed. We could see the golf course, but really not a "pretty" view. No balcony! Just kinda blah... if you know what I mean.

Well, so far this property is a bit crummy, but a couple drinks and appetizers (it was 5:10 pm) can fix anything! Right? We headed to the restaurant for an early bird dinner and some stiff drinks to finally start enjoying our trip. RESTAURANT CLOSED UNTIL 6 PM. Ok, no worries, we will just go to the lobby bar and get a couple stiff drinks. BAR OPEN, BUT NO BARTENDER! Hmmm.. Ok, he/she must be busy doing something, we'll wait. 5 MINUTES LATER, NO BARTENDER YET! Ok, what do we do? I know, call the front desk and ask them to find their bartender. Finally, almost 10 minutes after sitting down at the bar, the "bartender" comes out and says, "What can I getcha?" LOL!!! He didn't say, "I'm sorry, were you waiting a while? I'm sorry.....(fill in any customer service sentence)". But, we finally had our drinks. WOW!! Dinner was average, including service. But, I still tipped these guys >30% as they were working on Thanksgiving eve! However, the service only got worse!

Thanksgiving day- We woke up at 8 am ready to play some golf! 65 degrees, going up to 75 by noon, and the sun is out! Woo hoo! GOLF COURSE CLOSED!!! What? We ended playing a shotgun at TOUR 18 (I will review this course later). Excellent experience! Professional staff, nice course, etc.. However, we had to come back to the Marriott........... sigh! OK, so we will give them another chance. We were both starving and a bit thirsty after playing almost 5 hours of golf. Let's go to the bar (it was 2:30 pm). BAR CLOSED! So, we went to the front desk and asked how we can get a drink and food. The 1 front desk staff member stated we can order room service. LOL! So, we took the elevator to the 7th floor, entered our room, called room service, and the same front desk person answered the phone, "Can I help you?" Need I say more?

OK... so, we finally got our "room service" brought to us by the pool. Our food was packaged in styrofoam take out containers. We scarfed down our shrimp cocktail (off a styrofoam take out box) and quesadillas with no drinks because they couldn't bring "glass" out to a pool area that NOBODY was swimming or even sitting in! Our server, who thought he was a tough guy (punk), didn't offer an alternative and asked if I wanted him to take the drinks off the bill. I said, No. I'll get them myself. Thank you."

So, we went back to our room and laid down on the bed and said, "Thanksgiving dinner will be great. Right?" We called the front desk to make our reservation for a nice Thanksgiving dinner (Some turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, mmmm). The parade is on Friday and the golf course will finally be open. This will turn out ok."

NO THANKSGIVING DINNER TONIGHT! THE CHEF DECIDED TO SERVE THEIR REGULAR MENU!

We looked at each other in disbelief. But, we have tickets to the parade on Friday. What do we do? LET'S GET OUT OF THIS DUMP AND NEVER COME BACK. We immediately checked-out and left at 5:00 pm on Thanksgiving day. We obviously missed the parade and ate $50 in tickets!

Thank you Marriott for trying to ruin our Thanksgiving vacation! However, TOUR 18 and our love for another trumped your horrible staff/management and we ended up having an enjoyable holiday at home, despite you! Stay far away from this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim C, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Our staff takes pride in our commitment to hospitality and guest satisfaction as is reflected in our many Trip Advisor reviews. We apologize for the Golf Course closure on Thanksgiving Day and would like to invite you for a complementary stay and a round of golf. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle

Address: 3300 Championship Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76177 (Formerly Doral Tesoro Hotel and Golf Club)
Location: United States > Texas > Fort Worth
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Green Hotel in Fort Worth
#18 Romantic Hotel in Fort Worth
#39 Business Hotel in Fort Worth
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle 3.5*
The Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle is a Fort Worth resort that overlooks a pristine, 18-hole Jay Morrish golf course and is also adjacent to the Texas Motor Speedway. Fort Worth is the ideal place for your next business or pleasure trip, full of thrilling attractions, world-class museums and performing arts centers. Our Fort Worth resort is conveniently located just minutes from Sundance Square, bursting with fine stores and restaurants. Explore the Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District nearby. Our newly renovated guestrooms offer a stylish blend of sleek design, cool colors, and first-class service. This Fort Worth resort offers a full host of features for corporate travelers including flexible meeting space and expert event planners and catering. Stay at the Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle and experience it all. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Hotel And Golf Club At Champions Circle
Marriott Fort Worth
Marriott At Champions Circle
Doral Tesoro Hotel Fort Worth

If you own or manage Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.