I used to live in the area so I watched this hotel and golf course being built. I was glad to finally have an opportunity to experience a stay. First it was a Westin with a Greg Norman course then later as a Doral. With those two predecessors it's no surprise that the grounds and hotel are four star. Now as a Marriott it's just shy of being a JW Marriott but changed my mind when I got to the pool. Yes, it's a little remote but so are many resort type properties with golf courses. The interior lobby finishes are what you would expect from a four star property right down to the grand piano. The bar and restaurant are equally well designed and appointed. We had the breakfast buffet and the service and food was stellar. Our room was large and the bed and linens were extremely comfortable and on par with the best hotels.
Now for the glaring shortcomings. The weather was cold and windy on arrival and during our stay. Not only were the leaves blowing all the way into the lobby but there were no bellman. Pretty surprising for a hotel of this caliper. While the weather didn't cooperate with any poolside lounging we wanted to check out the pool for a future leisure trip. From the distant view from the lobby the pool and hot tub look like they would be harmonious with the rest of the beautiful grounds but what we saw on closer inspection was one of those moments kind of like witnessing a car wreck. *I just had to take a picture and share it with TripAdvisor because if it weren't for the fact that it just ruins what could be an impressive pool area it would be absolutely hilarious. Who in their right mind thinks this ugly building with a thousand signs looks appropriate at a four star resort or anywhere for that matter? Marriott.......seriously?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle is a Fort Worth resort that overlooks a pristine, 18-hole Jay Morrish golf course and is also adjacent to the Texas Motor Speedway. Fort Worth is the ideal place for your next business or pleasure trip, full of thrilling attractions, world-class museums and performing arts centers. Our Fort Worth resort is conveniently located just minutes from Sundance Square, bursting with fine stores and restaurants. Explore the Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District nearby. Our newly renovated guestrooms offer a stylish blend of sleek design, cool colors, and first-class service. This Fort Worth resort offers a full host of features for corporate travelers including flexible meeting space and expert event planners and catering. Stay at the Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle and experience it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Marriott so you can book your Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel & Golf Club at Champions Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hotel And Golf Club At Champions Circle
- Marriott Fort Worth
- Marriott At Champions Circle
- Doral Tesoro Hotel Fort Worth