“Not what we wer told, privacy violated!!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #76 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
LOUISIANA
“Not what we wer told, privacy violated!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

We had to evacuated due to the hurricane Gustav. When I booked the room from the hotel itself I asked about pets and was told it was $10 a day. That was fair since that's what everyone else said too, and their hotel price was much more affordable and had what we needed with kids and a few days there. So i reserved the room. The hotel itself was clean and nice. But when we decided to leave a day sooner being that we could return home, my husband went to load up the vehicle and when he left a black man, not being racist here, my husband is hispanic. Anyway he knocked once then entered my room with his key. One of my daughters was in the restroom and someone could've been undressed too. That made me uncomfortable. He said he needed to inspect the room because of the dog. He said he didn't see any damage or anything, yea, I knew that, she's trained and well behaved. My room did smell of vomit due that one of my children threw up from bad food. I had asked the housekeeper to clean it or give me something so I could clean it and she said ok, ok, but she never came, she probably didnt' understand what I was saying being that she was hispanic. The man kept saying this to me over and over, we're going to have to clean the carpet. He did this twice to me,and wanted to hang out to talk, was wanting to know if all my kids were my kids...no, they're someone else's I borrowed, come on, what's your point?? So the man told them something, don't know what , but when my husband went to check out they charged him $20, and said that is what they charge, yet I was told by another employee it was $10, which is right because even the better of hotels charged that). Yet they had a sign at the desk that said no pets allowed!! So who's right here? $10 told over phone, $20 at check out, or the sign? sounds like they were taking advantage of the fact we were evacuees!! Others had their pets and weren't charged, they told me that themselves outside when i asked them upon leaving. When I told the girl at the check out counter about what the man had done she said no he shouldn't have done that, but could careless about my privacy rights. And said to me why was I being racist?? Me racist, if I was being racist it would've been a word that wouldn't have been respectful,so what do you call a black man, white man, hispanic man, uh? ok, see, so being married to a hispanic, friends with many cultures, sounded to me she was trying to start an issue that was not an issue. So I told her I would write a review on how they handled the situation. No customer satisfaction here!!! Can't get their story straight!!

• Liked — Decent Location/Price
  • Disliked — Privacy/ Unable To Speak To Housekeepers
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

When we got there the people are very nice to deal with I had no issue with that at all. Polite and courteous were words that come to mind. They even let us check in early (thank you for that). The lobby and hallways very very clean and nice looking. I had high hopes.

That is unforunately where the plesantness ends. The hallway where our room was located smelled. It smelled like a house full of cats. I don't know why .... and it wasn't horribly strong but it was there and not very pleasant. The rooms were very institutional with glaring flourescent lighting and light switches in weird places. When we turned the air on this moldy musty smell permeated the whole room and did so the whole time we were there. The smell was there when we entered but got worse the longer we were there. Basically the longer the air was on the worse it got. The bathroom wasn't the cleanest it was clean but there was a hair on the outside of the tub and I killed 2 spiders later in the evening in the shower.

I would not stay there again in fact this is my second bad experience with Priceline hotels and i just can't use that service anymore.

Sorry to burst anyones bubble but sometimes good deals are not that good in the end.

• Stayed July 2005
Arlington TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2005

I made a split last minute decision to stay at this hotel on my way to Austin. It was 10 pm and raining like cats and dogs. I did not want to get into an accident so I just pulled over and rented a room here. By the looks of it, it seemed to be a budget hotel with not much else. However, when I got inside, I was surprised! Their rooms started at $39 and went up to $59 for a suite. So, I decided to splurge and get a suite. When I opened up my room, I was definitely even more suprised! Not only was it very large, but there was a mini-frig, microwave, coffeemaker with many coffee options, large cabinets and space, nice, new, large couch, large tiled bathroom with nice shower, no free bathroom stuff though, nice large tv, desk, armoire, table, etc. The unusual thing was that this room had a bay window and, in that bay window, there was a cushioned window seat. Nice touch. The only drawback I found to this room is that the room was decorated with dark green carpet and furniture but pale pink cabinetry. I usually stay at 4 or 5 star hotels so this kind of bothered me. The room was extremely clean. The front desk guy called about 20 minutes after I got to my room to see if everything was acceptable to me.

Parking was excellent. Staff were very courteous. They offered breakfast the next morning but, when I got there about 8 am, they only had some stale bagels and muffins, no cream cheese or jelly, coffee machine was empty and coke machine costs $1.25 and snacks cost $.75. At least I had coffee in my room.

Overall, I would give this hotel a 3 star rating. I would rate it above average in its class but would not give it an excellent rating in its class because of the awful breakfast experience. It is not only the night you stay at a hotel that is important but the morning after also. Email me if you have any questions.

• Stayed February 2005

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fort Worth South? Share your experiences!