“Loved staying here” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Mornington, Australia
“Loved staying here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Was so happy to arrive here after a long day, the lobby was super cosy and welcoming with a little lounge set up. I booked a 2 queen room but ended up getting a suite with a king bed and separate bedroom and living area, with flat screen tvs in both rooms. All clean and well maintained, little kitchenette also with bar fridge and microwave was handy. Check in was quick and easy, was chilling out in the room in no time. Free breakfast was good, something for everyone, eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, fruit, yogurt etc. Also free cookies and coffee available in lobby all day! Kept extending my stay because I liked it here and there seemed to be no problem with it, was in the same room the entire week. The free shuttle takes you anywhere within 5 miles, which includes downtown Fort Worth and the Stockyards (even got free tickets to the rodeo from reception), and also will pick you up til 5pm during week and 2am on fri and sat! Overall this was a great place to stay and staff were great, answered all my silly questions! Cheryl was a hoot and David is a real sweetheart and fun to talk nonsense with! Definitely would recommend this place, loved it and hope to be back one day!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
bighouse33, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We are very pleased to hear that you absolutely loved your stay at our hotel. Your fantastic review made our day! We strive hard each day to attain our primary goal of guest satisfaction. This will inspire us, motivate us to work even harder to raise the bar on accommodation and services.

Thank you for appreciating our clean, well-maintained rooms, delectable free food, free shuttle, and wonderful staff. Cheryl and David were so thrilled to learn that you especially appreciated the two of them.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us. We hope you will visit us again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Huntsville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

When we arrived and walked into our room, the smell of urine was overwhelming. There is no way that the housekeeping staff did not notice the smell during the cleaning. I called the front desk and asked for another double room but none available. He was very kind and offered to send someone up with very strong air freshener. He arrived quickly and I asked if he noticed the smell and he replied with a definite agreement. The freshener was overwhelming but quickly disappeared and the urine smell returned. I turned the air conditioner off and the smell started to lighten up. I left it off with the windows open but had to close them due to the sound off the freeway. It was hot and muggy but every time the air conditioner was turned back on, the smell was disgusting.
I went downstairs to speak to management at 8am the following day and the manager offered another room but I didn’t want to stay any longer. He understood and agreed to cancel the next night and not charge me for the night we stayed.
I checked my credit card before we left town and the amount was still pending. I called Capital One and my credit card customer service said he would take it off if the hotel agreed that I wasn’t going to be charged via phone call. The front desk employee answered and reported that she thought I wasn’t to be charged but the manager had told her later in the morning that he wanted to charge me for the night we stayed. I asked to speak to him and I was on a three way call with the credit card company during our conversation, which was being recorded for security reasons.
The manager stated that he did not agree to no charge. After I complained, he reluctantly agreed but only after he was told that the call was recorded and the front desk person agreed with me that he stated it was a no charge.
I feel if I had waited until I returned home, the charge would have been difficult to reverse. Why is it this difficult to get someone to do what they agreed to do? Why did the hotel staff choose to ignore the smell of urine and continue to rent out the room? It was obvious someone had urinated in the air conditioner.
I have never had such poor customer service from a manager. The rest of the staff was very nice. I manage a business and understand the difficulty with that title but to blatantly lie only represents your business in such a horrible light.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
At the Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth we always try to provide great accommodations for everyone. At this time we have reached out to the guest to make this situation better. At the hotel we do value all guest feedback good, or bad. We use feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for future guests.
Corona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I just stayed at this hotel while on business for one night. The carpet was dirty and didn't appear to have been vacuumed properly. The bathroom had caulking on sink and shower that had not been painted. It appeared to have been put on to cover holes and not done be a professional by any means. There is kitchenette in the room with an oak cabinet that had the base rotting away as if rats had been eating it. I will not stay here again and would not recommended this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014
bighouse33, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for finding the time to share about your recent stay at hotel. Your review is very important to us, as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. We assure you that we take complaints about filthiness and signs of decay very seriously. It is our goal to provide each of our guests an experience that will prompt them to stay with us again. Your feedback is certain to bring about positive actions. Please let us change your perception of our hotel. Come visit us again!
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We attended recent wedding in Fort Worth. We stayed in hotel for 9 days. Plus a number of wedding guests stayed there also. Room was clean, bed very comfortable plus the small fridge, microwave and bar sink was perfect for entertaining while there. Staff overall was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was ample with plenty of fresh and hot food. The hot entrees were changed daily to give variety (especially being there 9 days). The only down side is the eating area can fill up quickly when the hotel is busy. They opened up the meeting room to accommodate the overflow. The coffee was very good. There were small gliches, eg room entry door jammed due to recent painting. It was quickly fixed, A crib was ordered for another room but none was available. Internet worked partially but was fixed the next day. Price point was very good especially when you consider a good hot breakfast included. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Suggest getting king bed suites as bedroom is separated by door from front sitting area. You can wa...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
bighouse33, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We thank you for taking the time to write your review. It warms our heart to know that overall we were able to give you a wonderful experience throughout your nine day stay at our hotel. Thank you for appreciating all our efforts to provide you with a clean, comfortable room as well as fresh, abundant food. We would like to thank you too for acknowledging the hospitable service you received from our staff. As for the small glitches you pointed out, we will work on those to become better at what we do. It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Not a bad place to stay for an overnight stay for night at the stock yards , staff was great and friendly, but we made the mistake of booking through priceline.com which charged us more than actual hotel charges so book through hotel not priceline

Room Tip: Don't book through priceline.com
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
bighouse33, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for the feedback you gave regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff members will be very happy to hear that you appreciate their efforts at cultivating a friendly atmosphere as well as providing excellent service.

We are sorry that you had to pay more than our hotel rates when you booked through a certain website. We will definitely take a look at this issue.

Please give us another chance to serve you again on your next visit.
Mena, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I made the reservations for this hotel months in advance of the 3rd Coast Tribal Festival event. Due to inclimate weather my friend got there a day later. The hotel was good about moving the reservation...however they put her in a smoking room when a non-smoking room had been requested. To make matters worse they allowed a drumming circle to play until 3 AM and gave her a room right next to it. My friend ended up ill from the smoke exposure and sleepless nights. We will never get a reservation in this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you are there for 3rd Coast make sure you are not near the drum circle. Demand a non-smoking roo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
bighouse33, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
We are driven by the motivation of giving our guests a comfortable and pleasant experience to remember. To hear that we have failed on that aspect is indeed troubling. We wish to extend our sincerest apology for falling short in meeting your expectations. Rest assured that your voice will be heard and we will assess and evaluate our shortcomings so that we may be able to make the necessary amendments to resolve such matters. The failure to give your friend the room of choice as well as the disturbance during the time of her stay will definitely be subject to meticulous investigation. As we also believe that the welfare of our guests should be our top priority. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to improve and correct our deficiencies. We hope that we may be given the chance to give you a far better experience should you reconsider and book with us again next time.
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I made a mistake in the date of my reservation, which was made online through Easytobook, and immediately called the hotel to correct that. That was the easy part. I learned that Easytobook is located in Europe, and the 24-7 phone line isn't that.! They did respond courteously to an email, but the communication with the hotel was not timely, such that the hotel called me days after our stay to see if we could expedite their payment. I would just recommend using one of the American providers over this one.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

bighouse33, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
We are grateful for the time you took to give us your wonderful feedback. We believe that we really have a lot to offer our guest when they stay with us. Aside from our convenient location, and the great value for your money, we would say that our staff is what makes our hotel so special. We strive to provide every guest an exceptional experience. We however apologize if you had booking problems with the agency of your choice. Should you ever intend to visit us again, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us so that we may be able to assist you with any of your concerns or your preference for the specific stay. Thank you again for your great ratings. We will share them with the entire team. We look forward to a return visit from you again very soon.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth? Share your experiences!