“First impressions can kill it...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #51 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Longview, Texas, United States
“First impressions can kill it...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We needed some advice before we checked in about our location and what do u think to do but call our hotel and ask the front desk , usually in all my hotel stays they are more than willing to help , well not this one , one thing that can ruin my stay as well as as my friends is attitude , so even the nice room and location and breakfast did not help our mood on the hotel , wouldn't recommend if u don't have your own game plan and need no questions answered , other than that it was good . Hope she's having a better week maybe ...

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Ft. Worth during the 2013 Stock Show and Rodeo. Located just north of town on I35, access into town and the fair grounds was fast and easy. The hotel is quiet, even though it was within sight of the highway. My large king suite had a living room w/kitchen area and a separate bedroom. Both rooms had flat screen TV. The room and bath were both very clean. Internet was free and fast and the room had a nice work desk. I really liked the free shuttle service to the rodeo which saved the hassle of driving in an unfamiliar town, especially after dark. Breakfast offered a wide variety of choices and the breakfast area was large and well maintained. The hotel was a bit isolated and the only close restaurant was Mercado Juarez, located next door. Smoking rooms are allowed so the hallways smelled smoky at times, but my non-smoking room smelled clean. Very comfortable bed and the quiet made for a good nights rest. I enjoyed my stay and will return on my next trip to Fort Worth.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are always quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear texasrepublichistory,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We value all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us about your concerns about the smell of smoke in the hotel. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We use all guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Fort Worth. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Lubbock, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I can't overstate the value we received here. I don't know if other Country Inn & Suites are this good but this is my new favorite place to stay in Fort Worth. I knew when I walked in that I was going to like it from the ambience of the Christmas decorations in the lobby - it looks more like a home than a hotel lobby. The lady at the front desk was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The room was bigger than I expected, comfortable and clean (the shower was fantastic!), Internet access had a working cable connection (I don't like the lack of security with wifi but that's all a lot of hotels offer). But the most incredible part of it was their offer to let us park our car there while we took a three-day train trip from Fort Worth - and they shuttled us to and from the train station - at no cost to us. They went way above and beyond what the average hotel would have done - this is where I will stay in Fort Worth from now on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear LlanoEstacado,

Thank you for telling us about your trip to Fort Worth. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass all of your great comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I loved the hotel, it is a small hotel with great service and spacious rooms,
they have a shuttle that took me to downtown everyday and also picked me up!
its great for families, they are friendly and clean,
breakfast is ok, the hotel nothing luxurious but everything comfortable!
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear NmmV,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We hope you enjoyed your time in Fort Worth during your business trip. We strive to meet all of the needs of our business travelers. Thank you for sharing all of your feedback. We find guest feedback to be very valuable. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed at other Country Inn and Suites in the past. I also took time to review the comments from other guests on TripAdvisor. This property was a complete and total disappointment. I booked and prepaid a room for two nights at the hotel. I arrived very late due to problems with Spirit Airlines into DFW. I called the hotel to inform them that I would be late. The person at the front desked didn't understand english enough to get the spelling of my last name. Finally another person took the phone and was able to help me. The hotel is located just off the 35w Freeway in Fort Worth, TX and is close to downtown FT. Worth. The hotel lobby looks ok, not like the other locations I have stayed at. There was no one at the Front Desk for several minutes before a person appeared from the back. I gave him my reservation copy, credit card and ID. He proceeded to try and take a photo copy of my DL. When I asked why, he told me that I had not paid for the room and need extra security. After explaning to him that I was a Club Carlson member with a profile in their system and had paid cash for my reservation, he was completely baffled. Finally another person came to his assistance, which I believe was his wife. He then told to give me my room card.
I walked up the stairs to my 3rd floor room and notifed on both the 2nd and 3rd floor, food particles were throw on the floor. It appeared that a large party had taken place on both floors and that down the hall of my room, several people were still talking in the hall way. Luckily, I was far enough away to not be bothered.
My room was a honey moon suite type with a jacuzzi and a canopy bed. The room also had two completely out of context high ended chairs in the middle of the room. Although the room was completely clean, I was freaked out enough to not return for my second night and forfeited my deposit.
I was completely mislead by the review on Tripadvisor. A review of a local hotel guide had the true reviews of the lack of service and quality/cleaniness of the hotel. Next time, I going to check the local hotel review sites and be very suspicious of "Glowing" reviews, like at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
At the Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth we strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We take pride in the great service and the cleanliness of our hotel. We have in fact reached out to this guest regarding this matter, because we take guest feedback very seriously. Trip Advisor is very well known for its reviews. Trip is Advisor goes above and beyond to make sure that reviews are not fraduelent. Other reviews posted on this site are indeed factual. We do however appreciate guest feedback, no matter if it is good or bad. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for future guests to the hotel.
Smalltown Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nothing but good things to say about this Country Inn. Hotel lobby was cozy with fireplace, couches and computer and the afternoon cookies were great! The rooms seemed a little older, but still clean, comfortable and large. Hot breakfast was great, but the best part for us was the shuttle service. We really appreciated the shuttle to downtown, the Stockyards and TCU campus. Would definitely recommend this friendly hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DJKraus,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are glad that you enjoyed all of them amenities that we have to offer. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thanks again for your review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights.The staff were so nice.Breakfast was satisfactorily good and warm served.The most interesting point for us ;not renting a car ,was their friendly shuttle service which could take us each hour to and from Fortworth Downtown,
The Clean rooms were Equipped with small refrigerator and microwave.Diversity of TV channels Sounds Interesting.
It was completely worth paying and if some day I come back Here around ,I will Stop by for sure.

• Stayed November 2012
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear KoOsha89,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all your feedback regarding the hotel. We will pass your comments on to our staff. Thank you for mentioning our amenities. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth? Share your experiences!