“Lots of charm and tons of customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #55 of 99 Hotels in Fort Worth
Lubbock, Texas, USA
“Lots of charm and tons of customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I can't overstate the value we received here. I don't know if other Country Inn & Suites are this good but this is my new favorite place to stay in Fort Worth. I knew when I walked in that I was going to like it from the ambience of the Christmas decorations in the lobby - it looks more like a home than a hotel lobby. The lady at the front desk was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The room was bigger than I expected, comfortable and clean (the shower was fantastic!), Internet access had a working cable connection (I don't like the lack of security with wifi but that's all a lot of hotels offer). But the most incredible part of it was their offer to let us park our car there while we took a three-day train trip from Fort Worth - and they shuttled us to and from the train station - at no cost to us. They went way above and beyond what the average hotel would have done - this is where I will stay in Fort Worth from now on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear LlanoEstacado,

Thank you for telling us about your trip to Fort Worth. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass all of your great comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I loved the hotel, it is a small hotel with great service and spacious rooms,
they have a shuttle that took me to downtown everyday and also picked me up!
its great for families, they are friendly and clean,
breakfast is ok, the hotel nothing luxurious but everything comfortable!
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear NmmV,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We hope you enjoyed your time in Fort Worth during your business trip. We strive to meet all of the needs of our business travelers. Thank you for sharing all of your feedback. We find guest feedback to be very valuable. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed at other Country Inn and Suites in the past. I also took time to review the comments from other guests on TripAdvisor. This property was a complete and total disappointment. I booked and prepaid a room for two nights at the hotel. I arrived very late due to problems with Spirit Airlines into DFW. I called the hotel to inform them that I would be late. The person at the front desked didn't understand english enough to get the spelling of my last name. Finally another person took the phone and was able to help me. The hotel is located just off the 35w Freeway in Fort Worth, TX and is close to downtown FT. Worth. The hotel lobby looks ok, not like the other locations I have stayed at. There was no one at the Front Desk for several minutes before a person appeared from the back. I gave him my reservation copy, credit card and ID. He proceeded to try and take a photo copy of my DL. When I asked why, he told me that I had not paid for the room and need extra security. After explaning to him that I was a Club Carlson member with a profile in their system and had paid cash for my reservation, he was completely baffled. Finally another person came to his assistance, which I believe was his wife. He then told to give me my room card.
I walked up the stairs to my 3rd floor room and notifed on both the 2nd and 3rd floor, food particles were throw on the floor. It appeared that a large party had taken place on both floors and that down the hall of my room, several people were still talking in the hall way. Luckily, I was far enough away to not be bothered.
My room was a honey moon suite type with a jacuzzi and a canopy bed. The room also had two completely out of context high ended chairs in the middle of the room. Although the room was completely clean, I was freaked out enough to not return for my second night and forfeited my deposit.
I was completely mislead by the review on Tripadvisor. A review of a local hotel guide had the true reviews of the lack of service and quality/cleaniness of the hotel. Next time, I going to check the local hotel review sites and be very suspicious of "Glowing" reviews, like at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
At the Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth we strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We take pride in the great service and the cleanliness of our hotel. We have in fact reached out to this guest regarding this matter, because we take guest feedback very seriously. Trip Advisor is very well known for its reviews. Trip is Advisor goes above and beyond to make sure that reviews are not fraduelent. Other reviews posted on this site are indeed factual. We do however appreciate guest feedback, no matter if it is good or bad. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for future guests to the hotel.
Smalltown Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nothing but good things to say about this Country Inn. Hotel lobby was cozy with fireplace, couches and computer and the afternoon cookies were great! The rooms seemed a little older, but still clean, comfortable and large. Hot breakfast was great, but the best part for us was the shuttle service. We really appreciated the shuttle to downtown, the Stockyards and TCU campus. Would definitely recommend this friendly hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DJKraus,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are glad that you enjoyed all of them amenities that we have to offer. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thanks again for your review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights.The staff were so nice.Breakfast was satisfactorily good and warm served.The most interesting point for us ;not renting a car ,was their friendly shuttle service which could take us each hour to and from Fortworth Downtown,
The Clean rooms were Equipped with small refrigerator and microwave.Diversity of TV channels Sounds Interesting.
It was completely worth paying and if some day I come back Here around ,I will Stop by for sure.

• Stayed November 2012
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear KoOsha89,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all your feedback regarding the hotel. We will pass your comments on to our staff. Thank you for mentioning our amenities. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Georgetown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We typically stay here anytime our travels bring us to The Stockyards. Easy and convenient. Clean rooms and adequate breakfast offerings. Warm cookies too. Room cards twice did not work and had to be re-keyed but front desk apologetic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear goodneighbor7,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We appreciate all of your comments. We would like to apologize for the problems with the keys. We are sorry for the inconvenience that you were caused . We appreciate the feedaback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Fort Worth. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

San Jacinto, California, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I just stayed at country inn suites, and find a other place to stay the shuttle bus just sits the employees are to lazy to take you any were, it sit in the middle of no were one restaurant the food is good, the rooms are clean, but the pool water it cold& the spa is low on water I called the
receptionists to let her know something or find out something and the old lady that works in the day this was friday 19 of oct, was rude and hang up on me before i was done, I called back and the manager pick up he was helpful.. again the rooms were clean beds were nice but receptionist were rude not friendly at all. the am breakfast was good. I well not stay their again
maybe this well help others when they stay.... ld

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear betterplace435,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for telling us about your feedback and concerns. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. We take all guest feedback seriously. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time.

Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fort Worth? Share your experiences!