“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Worth-North at Fossil Creek

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Worth-North at Fossil Creek to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Worth-North at Fossil Creek
Ranked #32 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Amarillo
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean and well equipped for an extended stay. Our room was a suite with a very good bed. There is a fold out couch in the living room which is also equipped with dishes and flat ware. A little difficult to get to for the road construction, but do not let the road construction discourage you. The are a couple of alternative ways in nd out.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Noble, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What I particularly liked about this hotel is that our room was an actual suite. I liked that when my husband got up at the crack of dawn, he could tiptoe out to the living room and close the door to the bedroom. He watched Sports Center, I slept in - we were both happy. The bed was very comfortable as were all of the furnishings in the room. We liked having the full size refrigerator and real cups to use for our coffee and other beverages. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel offered one of the best buffet type breakfasts we have had in a hotel. We have stayed several places when visiting Ft. Worth and most have been nice hotels. This is by far our favorite though and we will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Short version:
I'm from this area and am already used to the hectic traffic (they are expanding a very congested freeway). The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was quiet and very clean. Our room had everything we needed for our 4 night stay which included my husband, 4 year old and 2 preteen boys. I LOVE that there are 2 TVs one in the living room area. It was like a very small apartment. Very comfortable. Breakfast was great.

Everything else:

First let me start off by saying I have pretty much lived in hotels for the last 2 weeks (our home is being remodeled). I have been in 1 I liked a lot but the rates were too high and 1 that literally had me doing a u turn the moment I walked in. I never thought we could stay here because the rates I found online were much too high. But on my birthday weekend my husband thought we could splurge. To my surprise the amazing Mr Cullum gave us a great rate and instead of staying 2 nights we ended up staying for 4 , I'm thinking of just staying here until our house is ready.

The hotel is next to a freeway that is undergoing construction but the noise is really not that bad. The walls are obviously well insulated because I can barely tell we have neighbors. This hotel is definitely lacking in that hotel smell (stale air mixed with heavy scented cleaning products.. not at this hotel). Everything is tastefully decorated and I'm even thinking of using this wallpaper in my home.

The food here is just eh..(except for the cinnamon chip scones-LOVE). Lots of variety though. Ham, eggs, cheese, potatoes, toast, bagels, English muffins, make your own waffles!!, yogurt, juice (apple and orange) milk, cereal, coffee, and of course fresh fruit They do provide breakfast AND dinner which saves you $$ cause it's all complimentary. Dinner is only served monday thru Thursday. The hotel is located near a few restaurants so if you don't like the food you can walk to ihop, waffle house, overtime bar and grill, texas roadhouse, redneck heaven and a couple of others(I have been to the first 2 on seperate occasions but cant say much for the others). You can also order in. The usual pizza and a couple of asian food places. I recommend Taste of Asia, really great spring rolls.

They also have a snack bar where you can purchase food and other items. They have a laundry room with 2 washers and 2 dryers-also complimentary.

The room- full size kitchen including full size refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, sink with a disposal, stove top, over range microwave and a toaster ( all white appliances). 16 piece dish set (glass, which is important to me because plastic is just gross- think germs + porous surfaces) 12 pc silverware set. and a 4 cup coffee maker, they provide coffee (decaf too) sugar and creamer. Small dining table with 2 very comfortable chairs. Separate living room so I don't have to hear the TV blaring while I try to read or hear myself think (I have 2 preteen boys).

The living area- leather sofa bed (which my boys shared and said it was comfortable), chair and a 32 inch flat screen TV which rotates so you can watch TV and eat if you'd like. The room we stayed in had a king size bed very comfortable. All the linens smelled clean and freshly laundered. Plenty of pillows (5 to be exact).

We did have 1 issue while here... well almost 2. The AC wasn't working well, they sent up a maintenance guy and he attempted to fix it but it was still too warm for us. They quickly (I mean seriously, I mentioned it to the front desk clerk and she had me in another room in minutes. No hesitation).
My almost 2nd issue was in the laundry room. I couldn't get one of the washers to work... or so I thought. The front desk receptionist apologized and gave me a complimentary snack from the snack room. When I returned to the laundry room one of the other residents showed me how to use the washer, of course I felt pretty dumb but.I got a free snack out of it!

Overall I loved my stay and I hope to stay here again very soon. I'm sure you could save money at a couple of other places around here but honestly from what I've seen and read this is the best place

Quick tip don't even think about staying at any of the $50 or less places around here. It's just not worth.it. You really get what you pay for. I won't say the names of the places but if just spend 15 minutes parked in the hotel parking lot and you will see what I mean.

• Stayed October 2012
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is the place we stay at when we go to Ft. Worth for work. We have never had a problem and have had nice clean rooms. The staff is always helpful and is available whenever you need them. Would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our second stay at Homewood Suites in two weeks. Two sepearate states. We had read such good reviews online, that we thought we would give them a try. The first stay wasn't great, but this one was really not great. First off, the construction getting to this place currently would detur us in the future for that whole area, granted that is not the hotel's fault, but it definitly makes it hard to find and hard to get to, plus the wear and tear on the car on those roads.

We were actually booked in the same room number as we were in a previous state, we knew right away that might not be the best room if they had the same layout. So we asked to be moved, with a bit of a sigh, she said they were full up, but found a different room on the second floor. We took it.
The room when you walked in had a VERY strong musty odor to it. From the onset it looks nice, but it definitly felt "old" and just musty. It was very dark in there, poor lighting. In fact, the lampstand on one of the nightstands wasn't even plugged in. The cord was all the way wrapped behind the bed, so we went digging and finally found it to plug in.
The alarm clock didn't work, so we resulted to our phones to get us up.

Here was one of the biggest issues..........the AC unit. The thing was huge in the bedroom, but everytime it clicked on and off you thought the generator for the whole hotel was in our room.
Kept us up all night, but you couldn't turn the thing off totally or else you would burn up in there.
So....got little sleep as a result of that and the beds at these Homewood's are very firm and hard. Not comfortable at all.
Bathroom shower/bath tub is VERY narrow. We are average sized people and each time one of us used the shower, we either almost slipped out or our shampoos etc....were falling off the tiny shelves.

The internet connection was REALLY slow. It kept crashing, we reported it and they just said yah, usually on that end its hard to get a connection. (really?)

So we made it through that, was really looking forward to breakfast the next morning to save us some time and money. um wow. Usually my husband eats anything but even he was like, could they not of cooked the sausage? And the eggs had basically a slice of american cheese thrown into them and then folded over. Gross. The hashbrowns were not cooked either.
The orange juice was brown. It was so gross, we just finally got up and left and went to the donut shop next door for real food.

We reported each of the problems of concern and basically the reply is "oh i'm sorry"......but no offer of compensation. They supposedly have this money back guarantee return program if you aren't 100% satisfied.....no one ever mentions this or offers it.

We tried twice on the Homewood......its not what its cracked up to be. The pictures give a facade.
Go on down the road a bit and pay about 10 bucks more for a soft bed, quiet room, good breakfast and an internet that works.

Room Tip: Just don't book here.....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeorgeBarham, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Worth-North at Fossil Creek, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the air conditioner not working in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We also want to apologize for the poor level of service you received and the poor night sleep. That is not typical of our hotel and we are sorry for that. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.

At your service,

George Barham
Homewood Suites Fort Worth North
Childress, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here as a family for one evening. The room setup was perfect, as our kids often wake up earlier than we do. They slept on the sleeper sofa in the living room, and we were able to sneak a few extra minutes of sleep in in the morning!

The rooms were clean and well maintained, as was the hotel. Our TV was missing the remote in the bedroom, but the living room remote worked for it as well.

The bathroom was large, and clean! The bathroom toiletries were very nice and well appreciated.

Breakfast was ok. The scones were somewhat overcooked, and the sausage was very unappetizing to look at. Other than that, the breakfast was above average.

All in all, it was a great stay! We wouldn't hesistate to stay here again if we found a good deal!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chandler, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The rooms are great, price is great, perfect non scary location for Billy Bob's, but the desk clerks need to take care of the customers at the desk instead of the phone, or at least look up and acknowledge you're there. Happened twice that a clerk ignored us checking in and out because they were on the phone answering questions about the hotel. But overall loved this place and will go back.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Ft. Worth-North at Fossil Creek? Share your experiences!