“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We picked this hotel because of its proximity to friends we were visiting. Nice clean comfortable rooms at a good price. Staff was friendly and efficient. We didn't partake of the breakfast since we had brunch plans so I can't comment on that aspect. Everything we needed was there. My friend staying in another room had lost his toothbrush and the hotel provided him with a new one at no charge. This is not the usual for chain hotels at the lower end of the price spectrum Several restaurants nearby. The highway construction wasn't a problem as far as noise was concerned but it can make it a little difficult to find. Overall a good choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Benton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We came here for a day of shopping and stayed at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I like the clean covers on the beds, the hotel is old but everything was kept neat. We enjoyed the pool and the breakfast. The hotel was very quiet even thought there is construction right in front of the hotel. We did have to call for directions because we arrived at night and the lady at the desk was very helpful and gave us good directions.

Room Tip: we stayed on the second floor and could hear the person upstairs walking about very early in the mor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nice hotel. Beds were great, as usual, for a good night's sleep. The place is in a bit difficult to find location, only because of all of the construction that is taking place in the area. Try and arrive in daytime, because at night one can miss the $%*#$ GPS direction and end up going to Dallas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mineral Wells, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Comfortable room, friendly staff. Elevator appearance -- carpets especially -- could be improved. Nice fitness center with good air conditioning and adequate equipment. Close to mall and restaurants.

Stayed June 2012
Johns Creek, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed here for TCU orientation - it's very easy to get to the hotel from DFW (I took the 820 around the city without any issues) and the TCU campus! The rooms were clean - newly painted and carpeted with pleasant colors; the beds were very comfortable; the staff, welcoming and very helpful. The AC unit worked well, though the rooms did feel a little humid. The hallways were not cool, though. I stayed on the freeway side, third floor, and traffic noise was not a problem - barely noticed it. On the flip side, the carpet in the hall and especially the elevators need to be replaced. The area around the hotel is under construction and not pleasant to look at. The hotel is just around the corner from the Mall and related shopping.

Room Tip: The elevator and ice/vending machine are in the center of the hallway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
St. Michaels, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

They've tried to retrofit an old Hampton Inn, but with limited success. The entry floor to the room was sticky, mold in the sink and in a corner, and a crack in the bathroom ceiling. Some stains on the pillowcases. The saving grace was the staff. Thanks for the lead on " Goody Goody" liquor store!

• Stayed June 2012
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Granted, we were staying in budget-friendly places for most of our trip and we had stayed in some surprisingly nice ones, but these beds were by far the plushest, most comfortable beds of the vacation. We stayed at this location because it was very close to my Aunt's and as I had not been to Ft Worth in nearly 20 years I knew the area would have changed and I wanted to make it easy to not get lost driving around. This was the first motel where my husband didn't have to hunker down to get his head beneath the shower spray. Our room also had a padded seat in front of the window which my daughters thought was neat. The towels were very soft and it was so nice to have real toilet paper as opposed to the commercial grade tissue paper you find in malls and less expensive stops. The complimentary wifi worked fast and connection was strong. The only knock I have was the breakfast. Pancake-wrapped sausage bites? Really? I understand it might be a kid favorite, but it would have been nice to have had unadorned sausage or bacon for the 'Adults'. The scrambled eggs weren't anything to write home about, but they had yogurt and fresh fruit and hard-boiled eggs so I was good. My husband said the coffee was the best he'd had and filled up his travel mug before we hit the road again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest I-20? Share your experiences!