“On the way home...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Houston, Texas
“On the way home...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nice hotel. Beds were great, as usual, for a good night's sleep. The place is in a bit difficult to find location, only because of all of the construction that is taking place in the area. Try and arrive in daytime, because at night one can miss the $%*#$ GPS direction and end up going to Dallas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mineral Wells, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Comfortable room, friendly staff. Elevator appearance -- carpets especially -- could be improved. Nice fitness center with good air conditioning and adequate equipment. Close to mall and restaurants.

Stayed June 2012
Johns Creek, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed here for TCU orientation - it's very easy to get to the hotel from DFW (I took the 820 around the city without any issues) and the TCU campus! The rooms were clean - newly painted and carpeted with pleasant colors; the beds were very comfortable; the staff, welcoming and very helpful. The AC unit worked well, though the rooms did feel a little humid. The hallways were not cool, though. I stayed on the freeway side, third floor, and traffic noise was not a problem - barely noticed it. On the flip side, the carpet in the hall and especially the elevators need to be replaced. The area around the hotel is under construction and not pleasant to look at. The hotel is just around the corner from the Mall and related shopping.

Room Tip: The elevator and ice/vending machine are in the center of the hallway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
St. Michaels, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

They've tried to retrofit an old Hampton Inn, but with limited success. The entry floor to the room was sticky, mold in the sink and in a corner, and a crack in the bathroom ceiling. Some stains on the pillowcases. The saving grace was the staff. Thanks for the lead on " Goody Goody" liquor store!

• Stayed June 2012
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Granted, we were staying in budget-friendly places for most of our trip and we had stayed in some surprisingly nice ones, but these beds were by far the plushest, most comfortable beds of the vacation. We stayed at this location because it was very close to my Aunt's and as I had not been to Ft Worth in nearly 20 years I knew the area would have changed and I wanted to make it easy to not get lost driving around. This was the first motel where my husband didn't have to hunker down to get his head beneath the shower spray. Our room also had a padded seat in front of the window which my daughters thought was neat. The towels were very soft and it was so nice to have real toilet paper as opposed to the commercial grade tissue paper you find in malls and less expensive stops. The complimentary wifi worked fast and connection was strong. The only knock I have was the breakfast. Pancake-wrapped sausage bites? Really? I understand it might be a kid favorite, but it would have been nice to have had unadorned sausage or bacon for the 'Adults'. The scrambled eggs weren't anything to write home about, but they had yogurt and fresh fruit and hard-boiled eggs so I was good. My husband said the coffee was the best he'd had and filled up his travel mug before we hit the road again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I concur with others who say that the staff here is very nice and helpful. Indeed!

But..... this past week was my 3rd or 4th stay in 4 years and while the rooms have finally been repainted and renovated there are still issues. I rate this "below average" as compared with other Hamptons. Here are the issues I had: a) door lock to room was so difficult to actually lock that there were times that the door appeared to be locked but wasn't. In fact, when I arrived to check-in to the room, the door was unlatched! b) The breakfast was dismal. To be fair, the Hampton Inn corporate brand standards have been steadily diminishing over the last three years but the egg-pucks are just nasty. I was surprised that neither morning I was there was there any breakfast meat. Poor form. (The ventilation system in the hotel needs upgrading; for 1/2 the day whenever you got on the elevator, you were hit with greasy-egg smell) c) The internet was the worst, by far, of any Hilton HHonors property I have ever stayed in in 12 years as a Hilton Gold or Diamond. I did several speed tests and at no time was it faster than 56K (e.g., dialup would have been faster!) d) The breakfast area is the smallest of any Hampton I've ever stayed in. e) The "business center" is one computer right across from the front desk in the path of traffic.

The hotel needs some very serious refurbishment which would include tearing out some walls and adding some junior or better suites.

I needed to be literally 1/8 of a mile away so chose to stay here again, but if I am less geographically restricted, there are lots of much better and newer (and often cheaper) HHonors options within 15-20 minutes.

I hate being this critical, and the staff really and truly is nice and helpful, but the property is just not up to its Hampton peers these days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Michelle K, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest I-20, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for your negative experience here. We are currently looking for ways to improve our breakfast here and adding more of a variety. I thank you for the nice compliment on our staff. Our rooms were renovated in 2010 however, we are a 16 year old Hampton and I understand our building and lobby are different from the newer Hamptons. We value our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to make improvements. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep us in mind next time you stay in the area.
Hopedale, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed recently because I was on business. The hotel was a stones throw away and was very convenient. The bed getting changed was hit and miss. Getting items restored in the bathroom was the same. Noise wasn't an issue during my stay. The comfort was acceptable but not like other Hampton Inn's I have had an opportunity to stay at. Definately aged and the staff was just ok. I didn't eat breakfast here. The hi-point is that the internet was reliable and solid! Oh yes, it was free.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Michelle K, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest I-20, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Comment: Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We do follow a policy related to the going "Green" initiative for changing linens and I apologize if we missed a linen change during your stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we want you to know that these issues are being addressed. We hope to see you again soon and appreciate your feedback. - Michelle Klaustermeier

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest I-20? Share your experiences!