“Stay here if you HAVE to be somewhere nearby” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #12 of 100 Hotels in Fort Worth
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Stay here if you HAVE to be somewhere nearby”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I concur with others who say that the staff here is very nice and helpful. Indeed!

But..... this past week was my 3rd or 4th stay in 4 years and while the rooms have finally been repainted and renovated there are still issues. I rate this "below average" as compared with other Hamptons. Here are the issues I had: a) door lock to room was so difficult to actually lock that there were times that the door appeared to be locked but wasn't. In fact, when I arrived to check-in to the room, the door was unlatched! b) The breakfast was dismal. To be fair, the Hampton Inn corporate brand standards have been steadily diminishing over the last three years but the egg-pucks are just nasty. I was surprised that neither morning I was there was there any breakfast meat. Poor form. (The ventilation system in the hotel needs upgrading; for 1/2 the day whenever you got on the elevator, you were hit with greasy-egg smell) c) The internet was the worst, by far, of any Hilton HHonors property I have ever stayed in in 12 years as a Hilton Gold or Diamond. I did several speed tests and at no time was it faster than 56K (e.g., dialup would have been faster!) d) The breakfast area is the smallest of any Hampton I've ever stayed in. e) The "business center" is one computer right across from the front desk in the path of traffic.

The hotel needs some very serious refurbishment which would include tearing out some walls and adding some junior or better suites.

I needed to be literally 1/8 of a mile away so chose to stay here again, but if I am less geographically restricted, there are lots of much better and newer (and often cheaper) HHonors options within 15-20 minutes.

I hate being this critical, and the staff really and truly is nice and helpful, but the property is just not up to its Hampton peers these days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Michelle K, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest I-20, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for your negative experience here. We are currently looking for ways to improve our breakfast here and adding more of a variety. I thank you for the nice compliment on our staff. Our rooms were renovated in 2010 however, we are a 16 year old Hampton and I understand our building and lobby are different from the newer Hamptons. We value our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to make improvements. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep us in mind next time you stay in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hopedale, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed recently because I was on business. The hotel was a stones throw away and was very convenient. The bed getting changed was hit and miss. Getting items restored in the bathroom was the same. Noise wasn't an issue during my stay. The comfort was acceptable but not like other Hampton Inn's I have had an opportunity to stay at. Definately aged and the staff was just ok. I didn't eat breakfast here. The hi-point is that the internet was reliable and solid! Oh yes, it was free.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Michelle K, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest I-20, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Comment: Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We do follow a policy related to the going "Green" initiative for changing linens and I apologize if we missed a linen change during your stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we want you to know that these issues are being addressed. We hope to see you again soon and appreciate your feedback. - Michelle Klaustermeier
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

This is an older, smaller Hampton, but I have always felt very comfortable here. The place is clean, the owner doesn't allow the place to get run-down. They do the up-keep thing pretty well. The people who work at this property are always nice, helpful and positive.
The breakfast is above average for Hampton. The HD TV's are good, with a great selection of channels.
I rate this one pretty high because it is obvious the owner and management really care about the customer and want to keep us coming back. That is what I plan on doing-as long as they keep doing a great job!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

The hotel is in an area that is under a lot of construction which makes it somewhat difficult to get to, but on the plus side there is lots to do in the area. The hotel is a little old and could use a remodel. Overall though, one of the nicest staff I have encountered. Room was average, bed comfortable, shower old. Could hear everything from the room above me. Internet free, breakfast nice. Not sure if I would stay here again, but wouldn't be upset if work put me up here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stay at this Hampton Inn every time we go to Fort Worth to visit our sons. They have always been so kind and attentive during check in, the stay and check out. The mattresses are wonderful, we appreciate the small refrigerator in the room and it is a very quiet place to stay. The breakfast in the morning is very nice and the coffee is wonderful. We have stayed several other places near our sons but we like this the best sor far.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Musty odor upon walking in room, slightly updated rooms but need work ( old furniture,popcorn ceiling, small rooms, small hallways...hotel entirely not spacious at all). staff was nice....ok stay but not impressed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting my sister in Fort Worth as it was close to her house and the rates were very good. The hotel is not situated downtown (it's quite a drive to get there), but there are lots of shopping and dining establishments nearby. The highway is easily accessible, so it was very simple to be on our way to various destinations quickly (our favorite sites included the Fort Worth Zoo, the Kimball Art Museum, and the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas).
Check-in was a bit chaotic (I booked two rooms - one for myself and one for my parents, one smoking and one non-smoking) and the staff seemed to have some difficulty getting everything straight. They also used the incorrect expiration date for my debit card when running it for the hold on the room (even though I asked them NOT to use it as I wanted to use a credit card for the hold), and simply told me it was “declined” (which scared me to no end). I had to contact my bank to learn that the hotel had run the card incorrectly. A bit aggravating to say the least.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, though, and the free breakfast was very good (staff kept the area clean and well-stocked). The fitness center was small, but the equipment was fine. The indoor pool looked nice, although we never saw anyone using it.
One interesting point: during the week, the staff was very cheerful, the travelers were business-oriented, and there were breakfast to-go bags as well as snacks set out for guests. It was like a different hotel on the weekend: leisure travelers were louder and more numerous, all extra food was put away, and the staff had a completely different tone.
The hotel suited our needs for our stay, but I’ve stayed in better Hampton Inns for sure.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest I-20? Share your experiences!