I concur with others who say that the staff here is very nice and helpful. Indeed!
But..... this past week was my 3rd or 4th stay in 4 years and while the rooms have finally been repainted and renovated there are still issues. I rate this "below average" as compared with other Hamptons. Here are the issues I had: a) door lock to room was so difficult to actually lock that there were times that the door appeared to be locked but wasn't. In fact, when I arrived to check-in to the room, the door was unlatched! b) The breakfast was dismal. To be fair, the Hampton Inn corporate brand standards have been steadily diminishing over the last three years but the egg-pucks are just nasty. I was surprised that neither morning I was there was there any breakfast meat. Poor form. (The ventilation system in the hotel needs upgrading; for 1/2 the day whenever you got on the elevator, you were hit with greasy-egg smell) c) The internet was the worst, by far, of any Hilton HHonors property I have ever stayed in in 12 years as a Hilton Gold or Diamond. I did several speed tests and at no time was it faster than 56K (e.g., dialup would have been faster!) d) The breakfast area is the smallest of any Hampton I've ever stayed in. e) The "business center" is one computer right across from the front desk in the path of traffic.
The hotel needs some very serious refurbishment which would include tearing out some walls and adding some junior or better suites.
I needed to be literally 1/8 of a mile away so chose to stay here again, but if I am less geographically restricted, there are lots of much better and newer (and often cheaper) HHonors options within 15-20 minutes.
I hate being this critical, and the staff really and truly is nice and helpful, but the property is just not up to its Hampton peers these days.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest i-20 Hotel Fort Worth
- Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest i-20 Hotel
- Hampton Inn Fort Worth
- Fort Worth Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just off I-20, the Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest I-20 hotel is only minutes away from Sundance Square, Hulen Mall, and the Fort Worth Zoo. Start your day with a free hot breakfast featuring our famous waffles every morning or grab Hampton's On the Run Breakfast Bags™ (Mon-Fri). Enjoy free high-speed internet access in every room, get caught up on work in our 24-hour business center or keep up your workouts in our fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest I-20 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.