“It was ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Hopedale, Massachusetts
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed recently because I was on business. The hotel was a stones throw away and was very convenient. The bed getting changed was hit and miss. Getting items restored in the bathroom was the same. Noise wasn't an issue during my stay. The comfort was acceptable but not like other Hampton Inn's I have had an opportunity to stay at. Definately aged and the staff was just ok. I didn't eat breakfast here. The hi-point is that the internet was reliable and solid! Oh yes, it was free.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Michelle K, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest I-20, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Comment: Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We do follow a policy related to the going "Green" initiative for changing linens and I apologize if we missed a linen change during your stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we want you to know that these issues are being addressed. We hope to see you again soon and appreciate your feedback. - Michelle Klaustermeier

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

This is an older, smaller Hampton, but I have always felt very comfortable here. The place is clean, the owner doesn't allow the place to get run-down. They do the up-keep thing pretty well. The people who work at this property are always nice, helpful and positive.
The breakfast is above average for Hampton. The HD TV's are good, with a great selection of channels.
I rate this one pretty high because it is obvious the owner and management really care about the customer and want to keep us coming back. That is what I plan on doing-as long as they keep doing a great job!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

The hotel is in an area that is under a lot of construction which makes it somewhat difficult to get to, but on the plus side there is lots to do in the area. The hotel is a little old and could use a remodel. Overall though, one of the nicest staff I have encountered. Room was average, bed comfortable, shower old. Could hear everything from the room above me. Internet free, breakfast nice. Not sure if I would stay here again, but wouldn't be upset if work put me up here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stay at this Hampton Inn every time we go to Fort Worth to visit our sons. They have always been so kind and attentive during check in, the stay and check out. The mattresses are wonderful, we appreciate the small refrigerator in the room and it is a very quiet place to stay. The breakfast in the morning is very nice and the coffee is wonderful. We have stayed several other places near our sons but we like this the best sor far.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Musty odor upon walking in room, slightly updated rooms but need work ( old furniture,popcorn ceiling, small rooms, small hallways...hotel entirely not spacious at all). staff was nice....ok stay but not impressed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting my sister in Fort Worth as it was close to her house and the rates were very good. The hotel is not situated downtown (it's quite a drive to get there), but there are lots of shopping and dining establishments nearby. The highway is easily accessible, so it was very simple to be on our way to various destinations quickly (our favorite sites included the Fort Worth Zoo, the Kimball Art Museum, and the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas).
Check-in was a bit chaotic (I booked two rooms - one for myself and one for my parents, one smoking and one non-smoking) and the staff seemed to have some difficulty getting everything straight. They also used the incorrect expiration date for my debit card when running it for the hold on the room (even though I asked them NOT to use it as I wanted to use a credit card for the hold), and simply told me it was “declined” (which scared me to no end). I had to contact my bank to learn that the hotel had run the card incorrectly. A bit aggravating to say the least.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, though, and the free breakfast was very good (staff kept the area clean and well-stocked). The fitness center was small, but the equipment was fine. The indoor pool looked nice, although we never saw anyone using it.
One interesting point: during the week, the staff was very cheerful, the travelers were business-oriented, and there were breakfast to-go bags as well as snacks set out for guests. It was like a different hotel on the weekend: leisure travelers were louder and more numerous, all extra food was put away, and the staff had a completely different tone.
The hotel suited our needs for our stay, but I’ve stayed in better Hampton Inns for sure.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

This was the second time we have stayed at this hotel while attending the Colonial Golf Tournament. There were three couples of us and each one of us had nothing but raves about this hotel. The service is great, starting with the folks at the front desk that greet you as you check in. The rooms were very nice and clean, the beds were great and the free breakfast every morning was exceptional. It is very convenient to all kinds of shopping and restaurants, everything and anything you might want is located very close. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Worth - Southwest I-20? Share your experiences!