“More than expected” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Pittsburg, Kansas
“More than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My parents, adult children, husband, and I stayed in a two bedroom suite this weekend while traveling to Fort Worth for a wedding. The room was more than any of us expected! Each of the bedrooms and bathrooms were spacious and comfortable. The 'Master Bathroom' had a vanity area separate from the toilet and tub/shower. The little things made our stay great! A large round movable mirror in the master bath allowed all us girls to see our hair from front to back while getting ready. The full size ironing board kept my husband busy pressing out wrinkles. The microwave popcorn made the girls happy after a long day of driving. The fireplace in the living room was a comfortable touch. The 3rd floor view of the pool/tennis area was relaxing. The 3 t.v.'s and their remotes all worked beautifully. The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable for those of us used to sleeping on regular old Serta mattresses at home. The fully functional kitchen, with table and chairs for 4 was nice. Even the pull-out sofa bed gave the girls a good nights sleep. Also exceeding our expectations was the full, hot breakfast! What a treat! Waffles, biscuits
and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, toast, bagels, English muffins, blueberry muffins, oatmeal with lots of available toppings, cereal, yogurt, 3 kinds of juice, milk, coffee, FRESH pineapple!, oranges, apples, and bananas...I'm probably leaving something out, but it was GREAT! The young lady at check in was very friendly and knowledgeable, and the manager, Clint, appeared to be delighted to have us at his hotel. It was, all in all, a lovely stay, and I would definitely stay again if visiting the Fort Worth area!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our 3rd floor view of the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Clint N, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
It's alway's nice to get the family's staying here celebrating a special occassion. We here at
the Residence Inn/Alliance want to "Thank you" and your family for letting us share such a
great moment with you.

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a one bedroom studio, which offered lots of great amenities for long-term travelers and families. The two-bedroom suites were much roomier and well worth the slightly higher price. The kitchenette in my room included a dishwasher, full sized refrigerator, stove, oven, small dining room table that doubled as an office worktable, spacious living room, and large bathroom. The living room included a nice couch, reclining chair, and nice sized HDTV. The room was clean. I encountered two minor maintainance issues. One of the closet doors was off its hinges and the curtain rod hung down instead of bowed out as its designed to do. Neither were big enough for me to mention until I checked out after three days.

The front desk staff was very nice. As with all Residence Inns, the hot breakfast and heavy appetizers during the early evening 90-minute "happy hour" offers delicious food at no cost. Food at both was very good. Other guests enjoyed the pool and outdoor hot tub. The workout room was small but functional.

Bottom line is that this Residence Inn offers nickers, larger rooms with more amenities than any of the other nearby hotels. I would absolutely stay at this hotel versus any of the others in the area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
The staff at the Residence inn/Alliance would like to Thank you for choosing us. We that you
come back to stay with us, and if we can make your next stay any better, please feel free to contact us.
Conway, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I stayed in the two bedroom suite. It was very clean, comfortable, and very affordable. The room had everything to make us feel right at home. The two bedroom, two bathrooms, full updated kichen, and amazing space was more than I could have imagined. All of the staff were very friendly. My family and I were out at a local restaurant, and the manager Clint Nauls recognized us and gave us a free night stay!!!! We will definately be staying ant this hotel again on our next trip to Texas!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Clint N, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
It's alway's good to see our guest out and enjoying the beauty of Fort Worth. We at the Residence Inn try very hard to make guest have the best memories of their stay. We look
forward in seeing you again.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel and was pleased with my room. It was great to have many of the conveniences of home. There was lots of space and everything seemed clean. The appliances could use an upgrade, however. The coffee pot was a little scary; I didn't use it because it had some sort of dried matter in it that I could not recognize.

Breakfast on both mornings was very good and filling. There was a wide variety of breakfast items from which to choose.

The exercise room was a little small, however, and the layout of the lobby area not the best. In addition, there was a problem with the televisions, which I later learned from overhearing another guest, was also experienced in other rooms. When I alerted the person at the front desk about the problem, he did not adjust the bill and instead blamed it on "wind." I suppose they don't include such things in the cost of the room. He handed me the general manager's business card...thanks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to sit down and do this review. The staff at the Residence Inn has take step to make sure none of those problems exist. We look forward in seeing you again
and making sure that your stay will be a good one.
Williston, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel twice in a three week period and received the same excellent service both times. We require an accessible room and the staff went out of their way to make sure that the room we stayed in met all our needs. The rooms are spacious and pleasant. Laundry room was clean. Breakfast and evening meals were good. Can't say enough good about our experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Clint N, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
The staff at the Residence Inn gives our very best to try and make every customer satsified in every way. When guest feel that we have meet their , we take alot of proud in that. Even though
your stay was a good, if there is anyway we can improve please feel free to let me know.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend dance competition. The hotel was clean and beds were comfortable. Hotel was close to many restaurants and the airport. Only complaint the towels were a little worn. Overall great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hopefully will return again soon. Your issue with towels has addressed and we 'Thank You" for bring the matter to our attention.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

As a first time visitor to this Residence Inn, I am glad I didn't go with my first instinct to stay at the Marriott Hotel and Golf course located at the Texas Speedway.

First of all, this hotel is much more conveniently located to my client's location.

Second, the hotel has a couple of quick service restaurants and a convenience store within walking distance, whereas the Marriott stands in magnficient isolation about 1/2 mile from 114 West.

Most importantly, the Residence Inn is quiet, comfortable, clean, and has a friendly, competent yet unobtrusive staff who go the extra mile to make you feel welcome.

My room was a studio sized room with all the amenities a business traveller needs - free Wifi, iron+board, plenty of hot water, flat screen TV with 2 HBO channels, working area with a comfortable adjustable swivel chair, a kichenette with microwave, sink, coffee maker, can opener and some utensils (but curiously no spoons or forks, just one knife).It had a door connecting it to the adjoining room, which means families can get two rooms and turn it into a mini-suite.

The hotel has a nicely appointed gym on premises, a decent sized pool and hot-water jacuzzi, and even a basketball court. Plenty of parking. Coin-operated washers and dryers on 2nd floor. Sundries (interestingly no OTC painrelievers except for Midol), microwaveable food and cold drinks for sale by the reception.

Breakfast is included and plentiful - scrambled eggs, sausage patties, hash browns, biscuits with gravy, french toast, potato pancakes, fresh fruit, several varieties of cereal, muffins, donuts, coffee (they had my favorite Irish Creme creamer plus several other flavors), a selection of teas, juices, etc. etc. etc. Everything a growing (well, at least across the middle) boy needs to start off the day. :)

Every night from 6 - 7:30 the hotel has a Social or Happy Hour, with FREE tap beer and wine and FREE food! A different dish every night - Monday was Mexican, Tuesday was Italian, Wednesday was burgers and fries, Thursday was sandwiches.

You get a lot of value for your dollars here. Recommended if you're passing by or have business in the area.

The only negatives (more like nits) during my stay?

1- Every morning the dining room's TV featured FauxNews. Loudly. Yikes.

2- We had a fire alarm go off at 2 AM on Thursday morning - thank God it was a false alarm - a guest decided to smoke in their room (the hotel is 100% non-smoking). We spent almost an hour outside in a 30-degree drizzle. The fire department showed up IMMEDIATELY though - the station must be very close.

3- The ice machine is located inside the 2nd floor laundry room, which has a keycard lock. This is not a problem except when you're trying to get ice after 10 PM - I guess they lock the laundry room at that time so guests nearby aren't disturbed by washer/dryer noise at night.

Next time I visit my client I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
The staff at the Residence Inn, Thanks you for such a kind and helpful review. Not only will we
maintain the good thing's that you mentioned, but we will definately correct what is wrong.
Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport? Share your experiences!