“Great place to stay after a long working day” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #40 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
“Great place to stay after a long working day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

As a first time visitor to this Residence Inn, I am glad I didn't go with my first instinct to stay at the Marriott Hotel and Golf course located at the Texas Speedway.

First of all, this hotel is much more conveniently located to my client's location.

Second, the hotel has a couple of quick service restaurants and a convenience store within walking distance, whereas the Marriott stands in magnficient isolation about 1/2 mile from 114 West.

Most importantly, the Residence Inn is quiet, comfortable, clean, and has a friendly, competent yet unobtrusive staff who go the extra mile to make you feel welcome.

My room was a studio sized room with all the amenities a business traveller needs - free Wifi, iron+board, plenty of hot water, flat screen TV with 2 HBO channels, working area with a comfortable adjustable swivel chair, a kichenette with microwave, sink, coffee maker, can opener and some utensils (but curiously no spoons or forks, just one knife).It had a door connecting it to the adjoining room, which means families can get two rooms and turn it into a mini-suite.

The hotel has a nicely appointed gym on premises, a decent sized pool and hot-water jacuzzi, and even a basketball court. Plenty of parking. Coin-operated washers and dryers on 2nd floor. Sundries (interestingly no OTC painrelievers except for Midol), microwaveable food and cold drinks for sale by the reception.

Breakfast is included and plentiful - scrambled eggs, sausage patties, hash browns, biscuits with gravy, french toast, potato pancakes, fresh fruit, several varieties of cereal, muffins, donuts, coffee (they had my favorite Irish Creme creamer plus several other flavors), a selection of teas, juices, etc. etc. etc. Everything a growing (well, at least across the middle) boy needs to start off the day. :)

Every night from 6 - 7:30 the hotel has a Social or Happy Hour, with FREE tap beer and wine and FREE food! A different dish every night - Monday was Mexican, Tuesday was Italian, Wednesday was burgers and fries, Thursday was sandwiches.

You get a lot of value for your dollars here. Recommended if you're passing by or have business in the area.

The only negatives (more like nits) during my stay?

1- Every morning the dining room's TV featured FauxNews. Loudly. Yikes.

2- We had a fire alarm go off at 2 AM on Thursday morning - thank God it was a false alarm - a guest decided to smoke in their room (the hotel is 100% non-smoking). We spent almost an hour outside in a 30-degree drizzle. The fire department showed up IMMEDIATELY though - the station must be very close.

3- The ice machine is located inside the 2nd floor laundry room, which has a keycard lock. This is not a problem except when you're trying to get ice after 10 PM - I guess they lock the laundry room at that time so guests nearby aren't disturbed by washer/dryer noise at night.

Next time I visit my client I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Clint N, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
The staff at the Residence Inn, Thanks you for such a kind and helpful review. Not only will we
maintain the good thing's that you mentioned, but we will definately correct what is wrong.
Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing you again.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Kingwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've traveled to Ft. Worth Alliance Airport area for business every other week for the past three and a half years and stayed at the Residence Inn Alliance the entire time. There were often times when I needed to make an unscheduled trip and the hotel was full due to a race or other event, but Clint Nauls and team always found a way to accomodate me. The staff there always welcomed me with a smile and it made business travel that much easier. Clint is a great manager who will go out of his way to assist, and is very cool under pressure when things might not be going as planned. The hotel has everything you need and is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping. I will definitely stay there when travels take me that way. Thank you Clint and staff for your service and friendship. I'll miss seeing you every other week, but I'm sure travels will have me knocking at your door once again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Clint N, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
The staff at the Residence Inn thanks you, and we're very happy to have made your time with us
as nice as possible for you. Please come back and see us, the welcome mat will alway's be out for you.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well we decided to depart for the holidays from the south to or destination of Denver Colorado. We did not want to drive the full day so we stopped off at our favorite place Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport hotel. We still cannot believe how great it is to be able to enjoy a bit of rest before the major drive. We got early enough to check out some great fort worth entertainment which near this hotel has a lot and easy to drive without going into dallas traffic. We always eat at Boston's Gourmet pizza which is only a few remaining open. The following morning once again it saves us before the drive is the ultimate breakfast. Here it's unlimited on how much you can eat/enjoy for this hotel. Well we left for denver after the breakfast and spent holidays at another marriott location downtown which has a review for that stay (also incredible). Well we decided after to much cold to spend the new year at the Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport. Our family loves it here and really if ever nearby the racetrack is the ultimate experience just to drive up and experience. The hotel is throwing distance with a good arm. Anyway we enjoy staying here and will be back in summer for the comic con and races which will be total excitement.

Room Tip: if you drive to this location it has an abundance of businesses from entertainment to great food pla...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
The best part of the Residence Inn is that you see family's every year at the same time. It's great
to spend the holidays with the same guest and to watch the kid's grow. Thank you for the kind words to the staff, and we look forward to seeing you again next year.
Redondo Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

good location for fort worth alliance airport.
Friendly staff clean spacious rooms,good breakfast and happy hour 4 times a week.
Has business center and fitness room which must start using next trip.

Cant think of any down side about 10-15 min drive to nearest shopping mall etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Clint N, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We at the Residence Inn encourage our guest to come and ask the staff questions about the area and the attractions that may be available to them. So next time in the area, let the staff guide you to more attractions to make your stay even better.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband had business in the area and was not able to fly so I drove him to Ft Worth from Naples, FL. We stayed 2 weeks and it couldn't have been better. Close to the office he was working at and easy for me to navigate around the area. There are lots of choices for breakfast; something for everyone. Happy hour in the evening is also very good; different offerings each night that it is available. The staff is very friendly and helpful especially Clint and everyone else that works there. My husband has more business in the area in the coming months and most definitely will be staying at the Residence Inn.

Thanks for taking such good care of us!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Customer service will alway's be our main focus at the Residence Inn, and we hope that we can improve even more to make our guest stay more memorable. We look forward in seeing you in the future, and please have a Happy holiday's.
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was greeted with a smile and a friendly employee. I was checked in, I was informed of the happy hour, and directions to my hotel. I had a studio room, when I entered, it was clean and very spacious. The bed was comfortable, the kitchenette was clean, the Tv swivelled so you can see it any point in the room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Your kind words are very heart felt from the staff at the Reisdence Inn, and we are so glad that we could make your stay so comfortable, Happy Holidays to you and your family from the Residence Inn staff.
Roanoke, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband, twin toddlers and I had to find a hotel to stay at while building a new house nearby. We knew the stay could be 5-10 weeks, so it was an important decision. I searched lhotels in the area based on price, amenities, room size, etc. Residence Inn was the best for the money, size of the rooms, amenities (pool, hot tub, gym, breakfast, dinner, happy hour, living room/kitchen/dinning room, Wifi, flatscreens - the list goes on). Little did I know, the best part of the (what ended up being 9 week) stay was the hotel staff. I could literally list off most of the staff: Clint, Alma, Maricruz, JD, Julia, Corina, Lydia, Mari.... Every member of the staff was always smiling, very helpful and went above and beyond with customer service. It's amazing the diverse population that we saw come through: families, business men/women, race week fans, etc. All were treated like family, and treated as if they were each the most important guest.
Our stay is about to end, and we are actually not looking forward to leaving. The room is always cleaned perfectly, a free FULL breakfast, a filling dinner most nights, free happy hour most nights, pool/hot tub, basketball/tennis courts w/ equipment, wifi, the list goes on. Does it get any better?!
"THANK YOU" to every one of the staff members at this Residence Inn location - your professionalism, customer service and wonderful hotel will not be forgotten. I've already told numerous friends, business partners and family members about this memorable two months, and I'm confident you'll be seeing some of them in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Clint N, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Whenever we at the Residence Inn can meet a guest expections, it bring's great joy to all of us.
The guest will never know just how they have impacted the staff as well. We hope that you and your family come to see us again, and from the bottom of our hearts we Thank you very much.

Been to Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport? Share your experiences!