“Horrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Fort Worth
“Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed for a weekend, sprinklers had gone off and flooded the property, so no internet was available, and was told on check in that no room changes would be possible, since computers were down. No apology. Room was okay, but smelly, and dishes in the cabinet were dirty. Upon check out, told checkout was noon, service knocked at 9, 10, and 11 to ask why we were checking out "late". When I asked at the front desk, no explanation and no apology. Will not be staying again at this place, as there are many other alternatives in the area that are much, much nicer.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Clint N, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We strive in customer service and the Residence Inn culture of guest satisfaction. As you can imagine, some things are out of our control as the sprinklers going off in the hotel. Our number one goal is to make sure our guests are safe in the event of an emergency. As for the other issues that you experienced these have been addressed with our hotel staff and I ensure you that we are on top it.
Again, we appreciate your comments and do hope that you may give us a try when you are in the area again.

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived late at night and walked in to a check-in area that had been completely flooded. There were fans running everywhere and water damage on the ceilings and walls. The computers didn't work at the front desk and they had to work from a computer in the back office. I only mention this because with these conditions,it would have been understandable if the two women behind the front desk had been unfriendly, but it was just the opposite. They were so nice and checked us in as quickly as possible.

The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was okay. Plenty of choices, but we got to breakfast kind of late . The biscuits were hard and the fruit seemed old. I'm sure it would have been better if we had arrived to breakfast earlier.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank for the kind words, and being understanding during a difficult time. We strive very hard give our guest the best customer service we can, and even during trying time's, am proud to know that we kept service a priority.
We looking forward to your next stay, and rest assure, we will be here with big smiles to make your stay even better.
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel typical of Marriott the room was nice and clean,and breakfast was pretty good.Not the best residence inn that i've stayed at but still nice. Only complaint that I have I was told there wouldn't be any hidden fees since paying with a credit card and of course there were.

• Stayed September 2012
LynGM2011, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your expressing your concerns. Overall you had a pleasant stay. I can only hope the hidden fees was an authorization on your card which was released within 7-10 business after departure as long as no additional charges were posted. Once again, I apologize and in the near future please bring this to our attention and we will be happy to explain.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

After reading reviews of this hotel and seeing pictures I was certain that this would be a nice place to stay while working in the Fort Worth area. Two weeks ago I stayed at the Hyatt Place in the Stockyards (WAY BETTER!), and I felt this hotel would be similar with a more convenient drive. Needless to say I would rather drive twice the distance to stay in the Hyatt again, however I am stuck here for the week. At night the airport and air conditioning unit noises have kept me from sleeping well. Upon entering the room for the first time it looked in order, but when taking a closer look I noticed several dingy items: a large towel had a booger and a smaller towel had a brown smudge, the sheets had multiple gray marks that looked like mascara, and the toiletries had obviously been used and left by the person ahead of me (some here half full). I called the front desk and received an apology. All items were replaced and since then I have not noticed anything else that dirty. Breakfast is okay and overall the staff has been friendly. Next time I will not stay here. As noted in previous reviews, I don't think this hotel stands up to its Tripadvisor rating... it is a bit inflated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Clint N, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We at the Residence Inn try very hard to make our guest stay the most memorable stays that they have ever had. I send you a sincere sorry from the staff, and assure you that we have addressed all your issues. If ever in the area, please give us another chance and I will see that your stay will be memorable.
Keller, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel is nice not exceptional. It was surprisingly quiet even with it being a pretty full weekend. The first room we were placed in had a problem with the TV. We were moved to another room and it was fine. There were some stains on the carpet and the bathtub could have been cleaner. There was an "odd" smell in the hallway but the room didn't smell.
The location is good - there a are a couple of fastfood restaurants (subway, Tacobell, Wendy's) just on the otherside of the freeway. If you drive about 5miles South on I35 (Heritage Trace exit) you will find nice restaurants, shopping, Kroger grocery store, Movie Theater, etc.
The breakfast buffet was very nice, eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage, waffle, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, etc. but get there early on the weekends it goes very fast!

Room Tip: We were on the East side of the hotel away from the freeway and it was pretty quiet, not sure if the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LynGM2011, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The items that you mentioned are being addressed and we appreciate your feedback. Guest perception is important to us so please bare with us as we work on making this an exceptional hotel.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

When we chose to stay here earlier this year we were hesitant given the remote location in the DFW area...however, based on the deal we found via TripAdvisor and the reviews we decided to give this hotel a shot...

I am a long term Marriott customer in part due to the excellent service and quality establishments that characterize the hotels that carry the Marriott name...

Upon arrival, we found that the hotel was as you would expect with a Residence Inn...however, during the stay there were a few issues that arose...

First, when we got to our room, we found used socks and a sword under our bed,,,not a toy sword, but a 2 foot long sword...needless to say we were a little concerned about the thoroughness of the room cleaning prior to our arrival....we took the items down to the front desk and got shoulder shrug response...

Second, the key to the room only worked intermittently...the front desk staff (after initially wondering whether this was because we had the card close to a cell phone or perhaps the issue was user error) came up and found the key to only work sporadically...we were told they would address the issue but never did during our 5 night stay...

The exercise room also functioned as a sauna...there was a typical air conditioner in the room (functioning at low efficiency) and no fan...my wife and I are both in good shape and we found it difficult to remain in the exercise room more than 30 minutes...

The pool is apparently open to the public...during the one afternoon we were at the pool with our kids, two different families drove up to the backside of the hotel (where the pool is located), unpacked their chairs, coolers, pool toys, etc and joined right in...these families were friendly and appropriate but significantly reduced the amount of room in the pool for hotel guests.

The quality of the food provided at breakfast was less than one would expect at a Residence Inn...at a Residence Inn one expects the food to be fresh with many options. This particular one struggled to keep the food fresh and the options were more limited than at other Residence Inns in which we have stayed...

Finally, there was a mix up in our reservations...long story short, we went through Expedia for this reservation...accidentally made two reservations instead of one....thought I had cancelled one of them (but admittedly, failed to click "cancel" on the cancellation page)...the fact I had two reservations in my name for 5+ days and yet only checked in for one of them was never brought up during my stay...after the stay was over, I found out about this error and brought the issue up with Expedia...they recognized the issue and called to see about getting something adjusted...the manager at this Residence Inn would not grant any adjustment (thus I was double charged for 5 nights)...I then turned to Marriott's rewards customer service...everyone within the rewards and regular Marriott customer service was very helpful, understood the situation, and one more than one occasion reached out to this hotel about an adjustment, to no avail. Finally,I spoke with Mr. Marriott's office directly, told them the whole situation and they handled the adjustment....

In the end, my appreciation and loyalty to the Marriott brand was increased by this experience. Everyone with Marriott was helpful, appreciative, and went out of their way to rectify this situation. However, I will not stay at this particular hotel ever again. The hotel itself warrants 3 stars, but the problems with addressing the reservation issue lowers it to 2 stars....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We apologize for not exceeding your expectation during your entire stay and appreciate you for sharing your experience and opening up the opportunity for a huge improvement. Your feedback is important to us and we are very much open to suggestions and concerns. As far as the Expedia issue, I would like to say this has been resolved and the appropriate credit has been issued through them as it was booked. I apologize for any inconvenience and we will continue to work on our overall service for each and every guest.
Sunny Southern California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The room carpet and furniture are soiled and nasty. It is obvious that pets are allowed due to the late night barking, that was not corrected by management when brought to their attention. This is my second (2 week) stay at this marriott property in 2 years. I figured I would try them again, but nothing has changed.. won't stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012
LynGM2011, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I am truly sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. I do not recall receiving a guest concern regarding a barking dog. We try very hard to please our guest and respond to all concerns in a timely manner. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and in the near future we will try to address immediate concerns to all guests with dogs/pets. We are a Pet Friendly hotel, therefore, try to accommodate all.

Been to Residence Inn Fort Worth Alliance/Airport? Share your experiences!