“Great View of Sundance Square” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone

You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #45 of 104 Hotels in Fort Worth
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great View of Sundance Square”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We live in Fort Worth, but wanted a night out downtown. We had stayed in the Blackstone several years ago and enjoyed it, but this stay was even better. The young man at reception that evening we checked in was very efficient. He even recommended that we might enjoy a room higher up that had a better view. The bedding was very comfortable and there was even a small refrigerator in the room. It is a historic hotel - the last one that President JFK stay in before traveling to Dallas - so don't expect a real "modern" look to anything. But if you want a nice hotel, right in the mist of all the downtown activities, then this is it. The is also a corner bakery right off the lobby!

Room Tip: ask for a view of sundance square
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lindsey W, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
I'm happy to hear that you chose us for your night out on the town and that we were able to make your second stay with us even better. Our staff tries to make sure to provide the best possible service to our guests. We have done a lot to preserve the history of the hotel, while still providing modern essentials to our guests. We hope to welcome you back to downtown Fort Worth soon. If there's anything we can do to help please let me know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this property during our trip to the Armed Forces Bowl and had a great stay. The property has been updated nicely. My room had all of the normal amenities and was very quiet and comfortable. The lobby was warm and inviting and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. There are multiple restaurants within short walking distance of the multiple entry points. The lounge area is comfortable and the menu served serveral items for a quick snack. The breakfast buffet was very good with attentive wait staff.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay with us while you were in Fort Worth for the Armed Forces Bowl. Our staff works hard to make sure that each guest is treated like family. We've also tried hard to incorporate the history of the hotel while still making sure that it is updated to our guests' standards. We'd love to welcome you back on your next trip to Fort Worth. If there's anything we can do to help please let me know.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Historic hotel in the heart of downtown Fort Worth. Clean and staff very accommodating. Steps away from Sundance Square and great restaurants. The front desk staff were very helpful with suggestions to paces to go for food and shopping. Would recommend this for family trips or business.

Stayed December 2013
Lindsey W, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have tried our best to showcase our history while still making sure to provide the best possible experience to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fort Worth soon. If there's anything I can do to help please let me know.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I travel to Fort Worth about every 3-4 weeks and this is the place to stay. The staff is great and call me by name. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Internet works great on any floor. And the location is great for downtown entertainment. Everything you need is within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I'm glad to hear that you enjoying staying with us when you are in Fort Worth. We appreciate your loyalty. If there's anything I can do to help please let me know.
Ft worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We were staying here from out of town due to a medical emergency. The staff was very courteous and they even gave us a discount due to why we were in town. One of the staff members Tatiana was excellent in accommodating us and went far beyond her duties in making our stay very nice. I would recommend this location to anyone and there is so much more to be said for this location!!!!!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I'm sorry that you were here due to illness, but I am glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back soon under more positive circumstances. If there's anything I can do to help in the future please let me know.
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was taken aback by how trendy the hotel lobby was. Not at all what i expected at a Courtyard, so was pleasantly surprised. Also nice to have a small bar in the lobby and hookups for laptops. The hotel is very centrally located and within easy walking distance to major attractions and restaurants downtown. The staff was very friendly. I liked the range of options in the snack bar and reasonable prices. The Corner Bakery attached to the hotel can be skipped, the service and time it takes to get your order is ridiculous. I had a very large room with a separate living room/TV area and fridge. The bed was comfortable though the sheets one night looked a little funky, but i had two beds so i just used the other one. For some reason the hotel checked me out early so i went back to my room being locked out and not cleaned. That was annoying after a long day. They fixed it and left new towels, but left garbage. Also, the room was a bit chilly. Overall, i would stay here again for business or travel.

Room Tip: mine faced a courtyard type area where people could hang outside that was a tad loud so may want to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lindsey W, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our new updated lobby! We tried to keep it looking modern as well as incorporating the history of the hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you had a few mishaps during your stay. We'd love to make it up to you the next time you are in Fort Worth.
Amarillo, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

While the staff are all nice, they cannot overcome the deficiencies of this place. There is no shuttle service at all, the only parking is valet, the only place to eat is a self-serve cafe. The heating system is so antiquated I had to bang on it to get it to work. The whole place is freezing! The phone message system is so arcane that Engineering had to come up, carrying a printed instruction sheet, to access my messages. The floors are uneven - unmarked ramps make getting from room to lobby dangerous for elderly guests.
The beds are soft on the edges so I almost rolled out a couple of times.
Plus sides - sheets and towels clean and of good quality. There is an in-room refrigerator to make up for the fact that you can only get ice on a few floors. Free wifi.

Room Tip: Avoid the fifth floor - it has the pool and smells like chlorine even when the pool is closed for th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. While we don't have a shuttle service our staff is more than happy to help you arrange transportation. We are connected to the Corner Bakery and have two additional restaurants that will provide room service. Wile the hotel was built in 1929 we have remodeled so that our facilities are up to date. If you are ever in Fort Worth please let me know and I'd love to show you how wonderful the hotel can be.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown/Blackstone? Share your experiences!