“Yummy brunch or lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #308 of 1,358 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Southwestern, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rivertree Blvd
Ft Worth
“Yummy brunch or lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I love their poached egg with crab! Delicious!! I have to confess the mimosas were not very tasty or bubbly. My companion did not care for the teeny tiny coffee cup that sat on the edge of the table in need of a refill through most of our meal.

For lunch they make several delicious salads. I've enjoyed the scallop salad & a friend swears by the beef salad. I'll try that next.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Worth, Texas
“The Tavern is definitely worth a visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Some friends took us to the Tavern recently and we were very impressed with the food and service. A nice variety on the menu, delicious appetizers, and high quality food at a pretty reasonable price.

We've been back since and ordered take out - the whole family really liked the food. Give it a try!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“"The great online reviews set the wrong expectations"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We read all the great reviews on Tripadvisor about this restaurant. I must say we were very disappointed in the food. We started with the cast iron skillet corn bread. The corn bread was cold and super sweet. I ordered the zuni chicken salad. The description on the menu said CHICKEN in the salad. I had 3 tiny pieces of chicken on the whole salad. My husband ordered the brisket tacos with beans and rice. Steamed white rice with canned beans on top(no taste). The brisket was drown in sauce. Not the best place to end our day after spending a great afternoon at The Amon Carter Museum.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Attention Fort Worth Foodies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I just had lunch at The Tavern.
I had a terrific salad with yellow beets, mango, greens and seared sashimi tuna. My husband ordered enchiladas. Both dishes were exceptional. We shared a skillet corn bread - sooo good! The menu had several interesting offerings, a nice selection of wines and it's conveniently located right next to Trader Joes. We'll definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“What a Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The space this restaurant is in was previously a sports bar. After it closed The Tavern moved in. They did little or no advertising but word spread in Fort Worth that The Tavern was anything but just a bar. The food is terrific the menu creative. Everything I have had here is exceptional. The pastrami sandwich is one of the best things I have ever eaten. Great for lunch or dinner.

• Visited October 2012