“The Tavern is definitely worth a visit!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #318 of 1,347 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Southwestern, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rivertree Blvd
Fort Worth, Texas
“The Tavern is definitely worth a visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Some friends took us to the Tavern recently and we were very impressed with the food and service. A nice variety on the menu, delicious appetizers, and high quality food at a pretty reasonable price.

We've been back since and ordered take out - the whole family really liked the food. Give it a try!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas, Texas
“"The great online reviews set the wrong expectations"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We read all the great reviews on Tripadvisor about this restaurant. I must say we were very disappointed in the food. We started with the cast iron skillet corn bread. The corn bread was cold and super sweet. I ordered the zuni chicken salad. The description on the menu said CHICKEN in the salad. I had 3 tiny pieces of chicken on the whole salad. My husband ordered the brisket tacos with beans and rice. Steamed white rice with canned beans on top(no taste). The brisket was drown in sauce. Not the best place to end our day after spending a great afternoon at The Amon Carter Museum.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Attention Fort Worth Foodies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I just had lunch at The Tavern.
I had a terrific salad with yellow beets, mango, greens and seared sashimi tuna. My husband ordered enchiladas. Both dishes were exceptional. We shared a skillet corn bread - sooo good! The menu had several interesting offerings, a nice selection of wines and it's conveniently located right next to Trader Joes. We'll definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“What a Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The space this restaurant is in was previously a sports bar. After it closed The Tavern moved in. They did little or no advertising but word spread in Fort Worth that The Tavern was anything but just a bar. The food is terrific the menu creative. Everything I have had here is exceptional. The pastrami sandwich is one of the best things I have ever eaten. Great for lunch or dinner.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Osos, California
“Good, but # 5 in Fort Worth?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Of all the restaurants in Fort Worth, I can't imagine that this is in the top ten. Six of us went there, a little late on a friday night. The waiter was nice and his service was fine. The food was ok, but nothing exceptional. My wife and I shared a vegetable plate (good but a little greasy, and covered with parmesan cheese) and the enchilada meal (similar to that served in hundreds of other Mexican-American restaurants). Others had a steak or a burger. We also had appetizers (the cornbread was good), but the nachos were unexceptional. The prices were reasonable. I am not complaining about the place, but don't feel that it lived up to the glowing reviews in Tripadvisor. The seating was comfortable, but the interior could have used a facelift.

• Visited November 2012