“Good food done right without the corporate” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Houston, Texas
“Good food done right without the corporate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a paper table cloth little restaurant that is humble, but clean and not a dump what so ever. The small drawback is that most of the food is fried, but one should know coming in that it's a seafood joint and that happens. Parking is problematic because it is always so full, which tells you how good the food really is. I have eaten here three times a year when I frequent Fort Worth and I am never disappointed. The prices are very fair and the portions are enough. I have seen this place slammed with customers and the staff treated me like I was the only person in the place. DEFINITELY worth eating here!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Really Good Food / Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We took a group of people to the Flying Fish on two separate occasions while visiting Fort Worth; once while the Rodeo was in town and once over Mothers Day Weekend. It was crowded at lunch on both occasions and finding a parking spot can be tricky, but the effort is well worth it. The line moves quickly at the counter service and your order will be ready very shortly thereafter. The food was very good on both occasions. The patio is covered and we were comfortable sitting outside in February and in May. This is a must great place to try if you want a good, quick, lunch with the locals.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great fish joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I love the half price oysters on Sunday and the fried fish tacos and if you join their online club you get a 2 for 1 coupon every month. The grilled trout is one of best dishes there and the beer is cheap too. We loved it.

Visited August 2013
Texas
“Delightful Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

A friend and I went to Fort Worth for a Labor Day race. Since we were staying over night, we went out looking for a restaurant on Sunday night to eat at. We came across this place looking for another restaurant. Since it was packed, with cars coming and going, we decided this might be a good place to eat. Now, this is not a fancy restaurant. It looks like a dive. But it reminded me of a Joe's Crab Shack inside - wooden floor, wooden tables, very casual. You order your food yourself before seating yourself wherever you can find a table. There are quite a lot of options - fried and healthy. One of the workers came out with a basket of fresh hush puppies to pass out as samples while we waited in line. They were delicious. Nice and crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside and not greasy. We ordered our food. My friend got fried catfish and shrimp which came with french fries and hush puppies. I ordered grilled rainbow trout that came with rice and beans and grilled zucchini and yellow squash. We got our orders. My friend really enjoyed the catfish, claiming it had been cooked just right - nice and crispy, not soft. The shrimp on-the-other-hand were bland. She said they were too flattened out and she didn't get much of a shrimp taste. I loved my whole plate. The fish and sqash were not overcooked or dry. The beans and rice were very tasty. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong here. There were so many options to choose from - poboys, salads, platters, grilled, fried, etc. If you like seafood at a reasonable price, give this place a try!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very Disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

If you like fish that taste fishy, then this is the place for you. My husband and I order Tilapia for lunch. I have never known Tilapia to have a bad taste. This taste could not be improved even with lemon. I could understand if it was catfish but it was not. This was my first and last time eating at this restaurant. I will not recommend anyone to eat at the Flying Fish.

Visited August 2013

Been to Flying Fish? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Flying Fish, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.