“Overpriced Tourist Trap” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cowtown Diner

Cowtown Diner
350 Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)
817 332 9555
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Weatherford, Texas
“Overpriced Tourist Trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I live near downtown Fort Worth and decided to enjoy the beautiful 70 degree weather walking the vintage car show on Main and dining at a restaurant with a nice patio area. My first choice was Mi Cocina but he didn't want Mexican and his pick was PF Changs but I didn't want Asian.

We spied a restaurant we hadn't seen before with a nice little alleyway patio with great people watching. There were people sitting drinking and dining while watching car show activities so we decided to try it. The menu was basic texas style cuisine (chicken fried steak & chicken, burgers, salads, etc). We were seated and the table hadn't been wiped from previous customers and there was just a general air of confusion...bartender waiting on tables, waiters taking forever to bring drinks and then only serving part of a table while the rest of the table sat 10 minutes or so before their drinks showed up. I ordered a $10 patty melt with sweet potato fries and it was the worst driest burger without any cheese on it and stone cold fries. I asked for hot fries when the manager walked by and didn't get them til we asked our waiter again for the second time. The whole meal was really unedible and we should have just sent it all back and left for one of our old standbys. There were only a few customers...they were not swamped with business...yet no one seemed to get served or like what they received. Will not return!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

43% Recommend
Detroit, Michigan
“Not good at all”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Sorry, but had breakfast here last week and it was awful. The eggs were so over cooked. The staff could have cared less that we were their. It was dirty. I wont be back. I dont know how dinner is, I hope its better than breakfast. BTW I was with someone else who also had a bad breakfast.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St Louis
“The best in Ft. Worth?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Went for breakfast. Sat outside on a patio that seemed to need cleaning. Water and coffee tasted of pine sol....A Ft Worth problem I understand so filter it or use bottled water. Food was cold....think it sat back there a while enforce being served. Wouldn't go back

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Breakfast at the diner was good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I think the breakfast selection was good and simple. The service was very good. The facility was clean and the people were very hospitable and friendly. The meal was average. I ordered the pancake breakfast and my husband ordered an omlette and porck chop.The pancakes were a little too thick for my taste and my eggs were over-cooked. However, my husband enjoyed his breakfast. I would like to return to try some of their lunch and dinner options. The salads that others were eating looked very good. The staff showed us they appreciated our business. So, I am willing to go back the next time I am in town to give it another try.

Visited August 2012
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Glad I Didn't Read Reviews Before”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just now read reviews, after we had a great breakfast here a few days ago. Reading the reviews present before writing this, none are real complimentary - except one for breakfast. Well, we went for breakfast and had an outstanding experience.
I had the Migas, which are absolutely outstanding with their homemade corn tortillas deep fried into corn chips mixed with the eggs. Their salsa as a topper was the bomb. My wife had the Cowboy Breakfast or some name like that, with eggs, sausage, potatoes and pancakes. All very good. Service was quick and attentive.
Now - that's my wife and I. Actually, we were part of a group staying across the street at the Worthington Hotel. About 12 people or so from our group we saw seated at a long table when we got there. Later, back at the hotel, we compared notes on Cowboy Diner. My review was what I just said above. Theirs was much different. They had got there and waited a long time before even approched with an offer for coffee. After giving their order, they waited an hour to receive their food - which promptly came cold. A manager then comped the entire table's tab - plus, each person was given a voucher/gift card and invited back to try to earn some brownie points back for their reputation. Honestly, it's the best they could have done - and I've seen that level of service other places who did not make such an attempt to earn someone's business back.
It's one of the only places open for breakfast near the Worthington Hotel. If I'm ever in the same circumstances again, I'll gladly return to Cowboy Diner.

• Visited August 2012