“Anniversary weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ashton Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Ashton Hotel to your Saves list
The Ashton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 99 Hotels in Fort Worth
Dallas, Texas
“Anniversary weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary, and it was wonderful. No complaints. We ate breakfast in the restaurant, where we had an excellent meal and very good service. We will certainly stay here again. It is in an historic building, interesting to me because I grew up in Fort Worth and actually worked in this building in the 70's when Mid-Continent Supply was there.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The Ashton staff makes the hotel! We came for the first time to Texas to visit TCU for our daughter. Our stay was so perfect for the visit, for our introduction to Texas & for our leisure visit. The staff was amazing. Mitchell is the Jack of all Trades & Kathy in the morning was the smile of the day. Room service was on time and the room was perfect & so clean. The thread count checkered sheets were so plush. If TCU is the choice, we are returning soon.

• Stayed April 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Beautiful, intimate setting for a small party. The food and wine was excellent. The entire hotel staff were friendly, helpful and went above and beyond to make our surprise birthday party a success. Cindy Vasquez, the catering manager, was amazing to work with, she covered every detail.

Thank you for a great experience, we will have our next party at your hotel.

Judy and Steve J

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Ashton Hotel is a wonderful place to escape to for a special occasion. It is small, about 20 rooms, and you are treated like a true guest, rather than just a customer. Things like valet parking take just minutes to do. You call down from your room and take the elevator down and they are pulling up with the car. My wife dropped an earring down the sink drain and one of the managers came up and took the trap apart to recover it. They also have a very nice restaurant. The breakfasts are out of this world. Plus it is right in the middle of everything in downtown Fort Worth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nacogdoches, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My precious parents are 83 and 84 and wanted to see family in Fort Worth while visiting the doctor. Looked online, nothing available. Called Kathy, the reservation manager, and told her I needed 2 rooms for me and my fragile parents so we could visit family in Fort Worth. Kathy said they had a group in but would make room for us. When we pulled up everyone was on task to help me with Mom and Dad. We arrived at their room first and Kathy had put my sweet parents in the Presidential Suite!!!!! We were so blown away and grateful! My sweet daddy said he had never stayed in a nicer room in his life!!! Our family then joined us for Brunch by the fireplace where John bent over backwards to take care of 8+ our baby doll Kate. Ashton Management.....I applaud you! and God bless you, Lord willing we will be back ! And I hope many times.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Newnham UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a layover at DFW in our flight from UK to New Orleans and were glad we chose FW rather than D, especially as the stock show and rodeo were in full swing. Choice of hotels downtown wasn't great but The Ashton was perfect for our needs. Comfortable bed in well appointed room good for the jet lag. Very friendly and helpful staff at the desk and in the restaurant at breakfast and unbeatable location. Probably a little overpriced but we're not that used to U.S. hotels normally opting for B&B so can't really say but hence the 4/5 rating rather than top marks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband surprised me with a wonderful weekend getaway in Fort Worth. Being new to Texas, this was a treat. The hotel is very nice. Very nice rooms, great bed, good service and good location right in Sundance Square downtown. I liked the yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies on our bed! Overall nice boutique hotel. However, when I found out how much our stay cost, I was surprised. For the cost, I would have expected Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons type of rooms and service. I would compare this hotel with any of the Kimpton properties in terms of service and rooms. This however, was almost double what a Kimpton room would cost in any major city (except for Manhattan perhaps). Valet service was slow and people were not as friendly as I had expected...courteous and kind, but not super friendly. Overall nice, but overpriced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ashton Hotel? Share your experiences!