“Nice but Overpriced.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ashton Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Ashton Hotel to your Saves list
The Ashton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Walnut Creek, California
“Nice but Overpriced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband surprised me with a wonderful weekend getaway in Fort Worth. Being new to Texas, this was a treat. The hotel is very nice. Very nice rooms, great bed, good service and good location right in Sundance Square downtown. I liked the yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies on our bed! Overall nice boutique hotel. However, when I found out how much our stay cost, I was surprised. For the cost, I would have expected Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons type of rooms and service. I would compare this hotel with any of the Kimpton properties in terms of service and rooms. This however, was almost double what a Kimpton room would cost in any major city (except for Manhattan perhaps). Valet service was slow and people were not as friendly as I had expected...courteous and kind, but not super friendly. Overall nice, but overpriced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Delray Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This Hotel is a true gem. From the moment we were greeted by the valet to the time we checked out and said goodbye, it was completely delightful. The staff is helpful and very well informed about the "must see" things in the area. The room was lovely. It was luxurious and quite comfortable. I would highly recommend the experience. It is perfect for a romantic get away. It is incredibly convenient for walking to restaurants, shopping and attractions. The Ashton is on my "return to" list.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the main street in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

The decor is fresh & true to the historic style of the hotel. The rooms have good space, the bathroom is spacious. And quiet! - having just stepped off a 15hr flight from Australia, the peace & the very comfortable bed were very welcome!

We had a small issue with the safe in the morning we checked out which delayed our trip a little. The staff bent over backwards to rectify the problem & offered us lunch on the house until all was fixed. Very professional.

All in all cannot recommend The Ashton Hotel highly enough. Will stay there again if we find ourselves in Fort Worth in the future.

• Stayed January 2013
Mansfield, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in tons of hotels, in all price ranges, depending on the town and type of trip. The Ashton has several great qualities, location being top. The service was very thorough and very friendly, including turn down in the evening. Room service at breakfast was excellent, especially the coffee. The problems are that the rooms are very small and very old. You can call it historic, you can call it quaint, or whatever, but if you are looking for amenities for the rate, it is not here. Poor water pressure, worn carpet here and there. The tub was so small that my husband could put his arms down in the water at his sides. In conclusion, if you like "historic" and you dont mind the amenities that are lacking, give it a try.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is what a hotel should be: just the right size, superb service, luxury, and comfort. Plus the convenience of being located right in the heart of downtown. I will not stay anywhere else when I go to Fort Worth. And when I visit other cities, it seem inevitable that I will find myself comparing their hotels to the high standards set by the Ashton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had the good fortune to spend a night at The Ashton in December during a celebration for my brother's 50th birthday. I have to say that this is quite possibly one of my favorite hotels of all time. I stay 100+ nights annually because I travel so much for work. I tend to skip the "boutique" hotels only because you just never know how comfortable you'll be.

Honestly, The Ashton was awesome. Small hotel, very comfortable, any and all requests were addressed in a positive and friendly manner, whether they could accommodate the request or not. There is a small, but lovely bar/restaurant.

And the bed... I'm emailing the GM to find out what kind of bed they use, as it was an amazingly comfortable sleeping experience.

I also got the opportunity to check out Ft. Worth. Can't wait to go back!

Thanks to everyone at The Ashton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Moline, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We try to stay at the Ashton whenever we visit Fort Worth. Perfect location, great value, very accomodating staff and nice rooms. We were able to get two rooms next to each other, which is often hard to get at the hotels. Rooms are nice size and have everything needed. The only thing I didn't care for was the shower/jacuzzi combo in our suite. You have to stand in the jacuzzi tub to take a shower and the water ends up running absolutely everywhere after hitting the edges of the tub.
The valet service is outstanding, somebody comes out right away when you pull in and your car is brought up very fast when needed.
Overall, a very nice hotel and will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Ashton Hotel? Share your experiences!