“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ashton Hotel

You added The Ashton Hotel to your Saves list
The Ashton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Ranked #30 of 103 Hotels in Fort Worth
Fort Worth
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Great place to stay if you're visiting the Bass Hall. We ate at Mi Cocina, which was equally good. The hotel is close to everything in downtown including shopping. Service and quality are exceptional.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The hotel is a historical building with modern facilities right smack in downtown Fort Worth, excellent location to wander around a bit with lots of food options from Chinese, Mexican to Japanese and the list goes on...

Rooms were very well-furnished and clean with big beautiful windows letting in plentiful sunlight.

Sheets were fresh and sleep quality was excellent as the beds were so ultra comfortable you'll look forward to bedtime. Being situated on a busy cross junction did not affect the noise level as the windows are well insulated.

Breakfast was really nice with a great selection of ala carte items. It was a joy to have breakfast at The Ashton's really.

Overall service quality was prompt and courteous and we feel very welcomed throughout the stay, on both stays.

The only cons were that a cockroach was found in the bathroom (which the housekeeping took care of promptly with a call), and that the wireless did not work well with frequent network disruptions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had the best wedding reception ever! Cindy is the wedding coordinator at the Ashton. She was so helpful, and I was just about stress free the entire time! Cindy made sure every thing went smoothly and she thought and took care of all the small details that I didn't even think about. The reception ballroom was gorgeous. The food was wonderful, and the decor was amazing. I couldn't have picked a better place to have my wedding reception. I'm so grateful to the entire staff and especially Cindy Vasquez at The Ashton Hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the corner of the building facing the street have an awesome view of downtown Fort Wort...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Graford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My young son and I had the pleasure of staying here for a week when my husband was in an accident and was in a nearby hospital. The hotel room was perfect- spacious and very comfortable! Room service was a lifesaver for us after spending lots of time at the hospital and they were more than willing to accommodate us with any special requests!! I cannot say enough about the staff- they were so helpful and kind in every way possible. They went above and beyond to make a difficult time as easy and as comfortable as possible for us and they succeeded !!
We have stayed here several times since then with my husband and always have had a wonderful stay here. It is so convenient with its location and it is our top pick to stay at whenever we are in Fort Worth.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Spring Grove, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have had two different family events held in the wine cellar. It is a beautiful space and the staff makes a gallant effort to make sure the events run well. Not very much preparation needed prior to event either, as we are from out of town and all had to be arranged over the phone. The service was impeccable and all attending had a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Plumbing fixtures all loose, barely enough towels for 2 people. Turn down consists of two inedible-looking chocolate chip cookies thrown on the bed but does not include changing the towels.
"A quick breakfast" in the hotel restaurant ends up taking almost an hour due to slow staff in an empty room. Waiters talking loudly at the end of the room about their night last night. When served, food was tepid--too busy socializing to care.
Insincere hotel staff who appear irritated at the appearance of "guests" with "needs."

• Stayed November 2012
mmichalski, General Manager at The Ashton Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. I am so incredibly sorry that you had the experience that you did. I would love to discuss this matter in further detail, so that we can make this right. We consistently strive to provide the best service and accomodations as possible and I deeply apologize that this did not happen in your case. Please contact me as soon as possible, my email is mmichalski@theashtonhotel.com or you can call me at 817.333.0323.

I look forward to talking to you soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We arrived to our small room met with an overpowering scent of bad air freshener. While the room was cramped, the bathroom seemed ample. A roach must have agreed, as he had taken residence in the shower. The manager was unapologetic, and said he did not know if could find a better room but he could find a different room.

While service was not a priority, neither was cleanliness. The sheets had hairs of prior guests. Two empty champagne glasses sat outside our room from our arrival Friday night to our departure Sunday afternoon.

All in all, a no star experience. Even if I had payed less (which I did not!), I still would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. Myself and all of us here at the Ashton are very sorry for what you experienced and are disappointed that we failed to insure your stay was a good one. I would love to discuss this matter in further detail, so that we can make this right. We consistently strive to provide the best service and accomodations as possible and I deeply apologize that this did not happen in your case. Please contact me as soon as possible, my email is mmichalski@theashtonhotel.com or you can call me at 817.333.0323.

I look forward to talking to you soon.

Been to The Ashton Hotel? Share your experiences!