“Hard to find but good location for business.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown

You added TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   805 East Belknap, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #21 of 104 Hotels in Fort Worth
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Hard to find but good location for business.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here which was comfortable. The room was clean and Taylor on the front desk that evening was very helpful and customer orientated. I had by accident booked into the 4200 International Plaza location but really thought that I was reserving a room at this location. Taylor sorted the situation out and I had a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2013
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that Taylor was able to get everything straighten out for you and I am especially happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, our location can be a little tricky to find at times, but I like to tell our guests, "It's the best kept secret of Fort Worth."

We look forward to having you again in the near future.

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Downtown Fort Worth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very nice hotel. I think it is relatively new. The rooms are clean and the staff is great - there is one gentleman at the front desk that I just love (rob) who is always happy and gives excellent dinner suggestions. Downtown Fort Worth is really cute and offers lots of dining choices. It is walking distance from the hotel, but we we there in January so we drove. I would suggest axiom sushi for dinner if you are staying here - delicious and is in Montgomery plaza (very close and fun).

Heads up - there is a train that goes by at night. It didn't bother my sleeping, but I thought I would mention it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review, and yes we are fairly new, the hotel opened July 2010 and my staff and I always take great pride when we hear such great feedback about the hotel.

Sushi Axiom is actually one of my favorite restaurants, I'm happy you were able to experience it first hand. The gentleman who you speak of is Ray, I will make sure to forward your comments to him, thank you.

We look forward to having you again in the Fort Worth area.

Vancouver, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was a very nice hotel that was just outside of downtown Fort Worth. I looked at staying at the Omni or the Sheraton, but did not want to pay the $20/day that those hotels charge for parking. The Townplace Suites offers free parking and also free breakfast for around the same price as those other hotels. This hotel is also on the trolley line which goes right in front of the hotel between the hours of 6pm-10pm. The hotel also has a shuttle but we, unfortunately found out when we got there that the shuttle does not run on the weekends. As others suggested I requested a room away from the railroad tracks and we couldn't hear the trains at all. The pool was also nice and not crowded at all. David at the front desk was very helpful. He let my husband and I check in almost 3 hours early without any problems. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. Overall, this is a nice hotel and you get a lot of extras for the same price as the downtown hotels.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the train tracks
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are one of the only hotels in Downtown that offers complimentary parking, so that definitely is a plus. Also, being on the Molly the Trolley route is an added bonus, which our guests really enjoy. Like you said, there are lot of "extras" for the same price as the downtown hotels, I couldn't agree with you more! Our compimentary Hot Breakfast, Social (Mon-Wed), parking, shuttle and trolley transportation and WIFI are some of the services and amenities we to offer at no extra cost to our guests. I did forward your comments on to David, thank you very much for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We chose this hotel for a quick weekend getaway to Fort Worth. This hotel was the most affordable in downtown. A bonus was the free parking, breakfast, and proximity to downtown. the hotel was clean and new. I would definitely recommend this hotel and use it myself for future visits.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your quick Fort Worth getaway. Fort Worth is a great city with lots to offer and our hotel is in such a great location in Downtown that allows you the opportunity to take advantage of it all, at a very reasoable price.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you again for your next quick getaway.

Best Regards,

Cheney, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

What a wonderful place! The location for this hotel is perfect, whether you have activities in downtown Fort Worth, or would like to spend time in the historic Stockyards. We walked into the lobby and one of the first things I noticed was a big, beautiful glass jar with a spigot, containing iced cucumber water with slices of crisp green cucumbers. It was warm that day and this was a special treat as we checked in. Taylor was the young man who checked us in and he was very effecient and polite. Our room was beautiful~king sized bed with crisp white sheets, which was oh, so comfortable! Desk and chair with desk lamp that also has a small nightlight on it, comfortable club chair, and a large wall mounted flat screen TV. The bathroom was very pretty with granite counters and ledges and stone shelves in the shower. The hair dryer worked better than mine at home and is kept in a drawer, not mounted on the wall! There is a kitchen area with full size refrigerator, 2 burner cooktop, dishwasher, and sink, and pots, pans, plates, bowls, glasses and coffee cups. It even has storage containers for your leftovers. The breakfast in the morning was delicious~scrambled eggs, with toppings such as cheese, salsa, and jalapenos if you wish, potatoes, bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, assorted breads for toasting, oatmeal, cold cereal, yogurt, juices, coffee, and milk. There is a dining area inside, and tables out by the patio and pool. There is also a large beautiful gas grill out by the pool, and a seating area on the patio with a fireplace and a flat screen TV. The outside grounds are very well kept with fountains and pretty areas to sit. David helped me make our reservation, and he checked us out when we left~he is very friendly! As we left, I noticed the Beautiful water jug again~this time with cold lime water with tart limes in the bottom~It was delicious too! We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the fantastic, very detailed, review! My team and I greatly appreciate all your wonderful feedback and kind words, especially Taylor and David. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the amenities and services we have to offer at our beautiful hotel.

We hope to see you soon in the Fort Worth area!

Addison, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is not your typical TownePlace Suites hotel. It is 4 stories and nicely appointed rooms. It seems to be a step up from other TownePlace Suites I have seen. The rooms are fairly large, however the bathroom is very small. There is a full kitchen with all of the cooking essentials. You can get wine glasses downstairs if needed. The rooms are very clean and most items were in working order (one lightbulb was out and the bathroom door did not completely shut).

It is on the edge of downtown. There is a trolley that runs to the Stockyards (ONLY ON WEEKENDS) that has a stop in front of the hotel. The hotel has a shuttle as well, but only runs until 6 pm. We drove to the stockyards which was about a 5 minute drive.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for such a great review! We are the newest TownePlace Suites in the DFW area and take pride of the beautiful hotel we have. I am very happy you were able to experience it first hand and also take advantage of our city's complimentary shuttle, Molly the Trolley.

I am sorry to hear about the maintenance issues in your room, I have addressed those issues with our Maintenance Department.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located. You can walk nearly anywhere in the downtown area from here. It's a few minutes away from Texas de Brazil, one of downtown's best restaurants. You can also walk to Sundance Square, the theater, and a museum or two. No need to waste gas, and you'll get to soak in Fort Worth's friendly and scenic atmosphere.

It is pet-friendly...in fact, it is very pet-friendly. Upon checking in with my dog, they gave the dog a dish, a toy, a raw hide, and some doggie shampoo.

Continental breakfast is good. They don't change it up much, but it's more than just a muffin and a banana. We're talking eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. Of course, they still have your danishes and donuts if you prefer.

Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, they have complimentary dinners as well. They're actually not bad. We've had brisket, burritos, beefy nachos, and a handful of other dinners since we've been here. BIG plus: they serve complimentary Shinerbock beer with the dinner, too. All you can eat/drink. They also have red and white wine offerings.

The rooms are pretty clean. They're quite spacious, too. My family of four stayed in one of the suites that was designed for 3, and we made it happen with room to spare. Bed is very comfortable.

Overall, the service is really great. Everyone is professional and friendly. The only real complaint I've had so far is that I dropped off dry cleaning one day, and it was never picked up. This was the fault of one of the night desk clerks who assured me that it would be done by 5:30 the next day. Unfortunately, this occurred two days before I really needed these particular clothes. Everyone I've run across EXCEPT for this one clerk has been amazingly helpful.

On the other side of service, they've got some really excellent people working here. I've been in the hotel for a couple of weeks now, and I anticipate being here for another few weeks. My oldest child got sick. In casual conversation with one of the staff members, I brought this up. Surprisingly, this same staff member brought a mini gift basket by for my son with a get-well soon card, a puzzle, and some other little time-burners. One of the nicest things that a stranger has ever done...she really went above and beyond. She has consistently done so during the dinners as well. I really need to catch her name so that I can publicly commend her enthusiastic customer service. Had it not been for this particular young lady, I would've given this review 4 stars instead of 5 due to the dry cleaning mishap.

Pool, indoor gym, and conference room are some of the amenities. Also, we've taken advantage of the shuttle more than a handful of times.

Bottom line: terrific place to stay. I would recommend spending the few extra dollars to stay here if you have the option instead of on the outskirts of Fort Worth's downtown district.

Room Tip: Call in advance if you have a pet. They'll stick you in a corner room. These rooms are a littl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Many thanks for the fantastic review! We’re fortunate to be located in an area with lots of dining options and attractions. It’s always nice to hear when our guests are able to take advantage of that, as well as all the wonderful amenities and services that we have to offer to our guests. I'm especially happy to hear that my team, especially Jessica, who you speak about, went out of her way to make you, your family and your pet feel special and welcomed during your stay. That is exactly the level of service we all work hard to provide. I've forwarded your comments to Jessica and the rest of my team, as they will also appreciate the kind words. I have also reviewed your comments with my evening shift, to ensure we are always making an effort to provide exceptional service at all times. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we want every guest to check out with the intent to return.

Thanks again for your review and feedback, we appreciate it very much, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Downtown Fort Worth

Been to TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown? Share your experiences!