“Quick Fort Worth getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   805 East Belknap, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #17 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Dallas, Texas
“Quick Fort Worth getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We chose this hotel for a quick weekend getaway to Fort Worth. This hotel was the most affordable in downtown. A bonus was the free parking, breakfast, and proximity to downtown. the hotel was clean and new. I would definitely recommend this hotel and use it myself for future visits.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you very much for the review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your quick Fort Worth getaway. Fort Worth is a great city with lots to offer and our hotel is in such a great location in Downtown that allows you the opportunity to take advantage of it all, at a very reasoable price.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you again for your next quick getaway.

Best Regards,

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cheney, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

What a wonderful place! The location for this hotel is perfect, whether you have activities in downtown Fort Worth, or would like to spend time in the historic Stockyards. We walked into the lobby and one of the first things I noticed was a big, beautiful glass jar with a spigot, containing iced cucumber water with slices of crisp green cucumbers. It was warm that day and this was a special treat as we checked in. Taylor was the young man who checked us in and he was very effecient and polite. Our room was beautiful~king sized bed with crisp white sheets, which was oh, so comfortable! Desk and chair with desk lamp that also has a small nightlight on it, comfortable club chair, and a large wall mounted flat screen TV. The bathroom was very pretty with granite counters and ledges and stone shelves in the shower. The hair dryer worked better than mine at home and is kept in a drawer, not mounted on the wall! There is a kitchen area with full size refrigerator, 2 burner cooktop, dishwasher, and sink, and pots, pans, plates, bowls, glasses and coffee cups. It even has storage containers for your leftovers. The breakfast in the morning was delicious~scrambled eggs, with toppings such as cheese, salsa, and jalapenos if you wish, potatoes, bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, assorted breads for toasting, oatmeal, cold cereal, yogurt, juices, coffee, and milk. There is a dining area inside, and tables out by the patio and pool. There is also a large beautiful gas grill out by the pool, and a seating area on the patio with a fireplace and a flat screen TV. The outside grounds are very well kept with fountains and pretty areas to sit. David helped me make our reservation, and he checked us out when we left~he is very friendly! As we left, I noticed the Beautiful water jug again~this time with cold lime water with tart limes in the bottom~It was delicious too! We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the fantastic, very detailed, review! My team and I greatly appreciate all your wonderful feedback and kind words, especially Taylor and David. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the amenities and services we have to offer at our beautiful hotel.

We hope to see you soon in the Fort Worth area!

Addison, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is not your typical TownePlace Suites hotel. It is 4 stories and nicely appointed rooms. It seems to be a step up from other TownePlace Suites I have seen. The rooms are fairly large, however the bathroom is very small. There is a full kitchen with all of the cooking essentials. You can get wine glasses downstairs if needed. The rooms are very clean and most items were in working order (one lightbulb was out and the bathroom door did not completely shut).

It is on the edge of downtown. There is a trolley that runs to the Stockyards (ONLY ON WEEKENDS) that has a stop in front of the hotel. The hotel has a shuttle as well, but only runs until 6 pm. We drove to the stockyards which was about a 5 minute drive.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for such a great review! We are the newest TownePlace Suites in the DFW area and take pride of the beautiful hotel we have. I am very happy you were able to experience it first hand and also take advantage of our city's complimentary shuttle, Molly the Trolley.

I am sorry to hear about the maintenance issues in your room, I have addressed those issues with our Maintenance Department.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located. You can walk nearly anywhere in the downtown area from here. It's a few minutes away from Texas de Brazil, one of downtown's best restaurants. You can also walk to Sundance Square, the theater, and a museum or two. No need to waste gas, and you'll get to soak in Fort Worth's friendly and scenic atmosphere.

It is pet-friendly...in fact, it is very pet-friendly. Upon checking in with my dog, they gave the dog a dish, a toy, a raw hide, and some doggie shampoo.

Continental breakfast is good. They don't change it up much, but it's more than just a muffin and a banana. We're talking eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. Of course, they still have your danishes and donuts if you prefer.

Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, they have complimentary dinners as well. They're actually not bad. We've had brisket, burritos, beefy nachos, and a handful of other dinners since we've been here. BIG plus: they serve complimentary Shinerbock beer with the dinner, too. All you can eat/drink. They also have red and white wine offerings.

The rooms are pretty clean. They're quite spacious, too. My family of four stayed in one of the suites that was designed for 3, and we made it happen with room to spare. Bed is very comfortable.

Overall, the service is really great. Everyone is professional and friendly. The only real complaint I've had so far is that I dropped off dry cleaning one day, and it was never picked up. This was the fault of one of the night desk clerks who assured me that it would be done by 5:30 the next day. Unfortunately, this occurred two days before I really needed these particular clothes. Everyone I've run across EXCEPT for this one clerk has been amazingly helpful.

On the other side of service, they've got some really excellent people working here. I've been in the hotel for a couple of weeks now, and I anticipate being here for another few weeks. My oldest child got sick. In casual conversation with one of the staff members, I brought this up. Surprisingly, this same staff member brought a mini gift basket by for my son with a get-well soon card, a puzzle, and some other little time-burners. One of the nicest things that a stranger has ever done...she really went above and beyond. She has consistently done so during the dinners as well. I really need to catch her name so that I can publicly commend her enthusiastic customer service. Had it not been for this particular young lady, I would've given this review 4 stars instead of 5 due to the dry cleaning mishap.

Pool, indoor gym, and conference room are some of the amenities. Also, we've taken advantage of the shuttle more than a handful of times.

Bottom line: terrific place to stay. I would recommend spending the few extra dollars to stay here if you have the option instead of on the outskirts of Fort Worth's downtown district.

Room Tip: Call in advance if you have a pet. They'll stick you in a corner room. These rooms are a littl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Many thanks for the fantastic review! We’re fortunate to be located in an area with lots of dining options and attractions. It’s always nice to hear when our guests are able to take advantage of that, as well as all the wonderful amenities and services that we have to offer to our guests. I'm especially happy to hear that my team, especially Jessica, who you speak about, went out of her way to make you, your family and your pet feel special and welcomed during your stay. That is exactly the level of service we all work hard to provide. I've forwarded your comments to Jessica and the rest of my team, as they will also appreciate the kind words. I have also reviewed your comments with my evening shift, to ensure we are always making an effort to provide exceptional service at all times. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we want every guest to check out with the intent to return.

Thanks again for your review and feedback, we appreciate it very much, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This was the second time staying at this hotel. The room has been very clean on both occasions and the kitchen area in the rooms are convenient. The location of the hotel is on the edge of town so not the best to walk to locations in downtown, but everything is just a short drive. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for the great review and for your continued loyalty. We appreciate very much your feedback and I can assure you even though the hotel is on the edge of town, it's safe to walk around.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Newer hotel on the northeast fringe of downtown Fort Worth. I greatly appreciated the early check in and the sincere enthusiasm of the staff. Rooms are spacious, offering a kitchenette with a cook top, sink, full size refrigerator, and cupboards stocked with essential cooking and dining ware. Room has a large flat screen tv, oversized desk, sleeper sofa, and coffee table. Bathrooms are of above adequate size with roomy vanity tops to spread out toiletries. Bathtub/shower combo has a high placed shower head with adjustable sprays. Double door closet contains extra bedding and hangers. I left the maid a note asking for extra towels and replacement of the feather pillows -returned to find eight towels and down alternative pillows. Bed was firm and extremely comfortable. Hot breakfast was very good and wide selection. 24 hour complimentary coffee bar. Very clean and well kept.
I would give this hotel a 5, but noise through thin walls and heavy slamming room doors disrupted sleep.

• Stayed February 2013
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review and feedback. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of some of the services and amenities our hotel has to offer.

Thank you again, and we look forward to having you back soon!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while attending a conference in downtown fort-worth. This hotel is not in the heart of downtown, and was a 5 minute drive to the convention center. There is a free shuttle bus that goes around town that stops at the Hotel, so you should have no trouble going to the convention center is if you did not have a car.

They offer free breakfast which is pretty decent - the usual stuff. The room was clean and comfortable. We got a suite and it had a refrigerator and pots and pans too! The staff were pretty friendly.

There is a railway track that passes right next to the hotel, so we asked for a room on the other side when we checked in. They have a small pool that faces the wall next to the railway tracks.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room facing away from the railway tracks and on the 2nd-3rd level.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PaigeRice, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our TownePlace Suites by Marriott Downtown Fort Worth! We are so happy to hear that you had a pleasent stay with us during your conference. We are very happy to have Molly the Trolley right outside our hotel to take our guests to the areas around downtown! I agree with you that our rooms are clean and comfortable, our great housekeeping staff prides themselves in keeping our hotel beautiful for all of our guests!

We hope to see you again next time you are in town.

TownePlace Suites Downtown Fort Worth Management Team

Been to TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown? Share your experiences!