“Newer hotel - better than most TownePlace Suites” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown

You added TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   805 East Belknap, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fort Worth Stockyards
Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Fort Worth
Addison, Texas
“Newer hotel - better than most TownePlace Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is not your typical TownePlace Suites hotel. It is 4 stories and nicely appointed rooms. It seems to be a step up from other TownePlace Suites I have seen. The rooms are fairly large, however the bathroom is very small. There is a full kitchen with all of the cooking essentials. You can get wine glasses downstairs if needed. The rooms are very clean and most items were in working order (one lightbulb was out and the bathroom door did not completely shut).

It is on the edge of downtown. There is a trolley that runs to the Stockyards (ONLY ON WEEKENDS) that has a stop in front of the hotel. The hotel has a shuttle as well, but only runs until 6 pm. We drove to the stockyards which was about a 5 minute drive.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for such a great review! We are the newest TownePlace Suites in the DFW area and take pride of the beautiful hotel we have. I am very happy you were able to experience it first hand and also take advantage of our city's complimentary shuttle, Molly the Trolley.

I am sorry to hear about the maintenance issues in your room, I have addressed those issues with our Maintenance Department.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Downtown Fort Worth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located. You can walk nearly anywhere in the downtown area from here. It's a few minutes away from Texas de Brazil, one of downtown's best restaurants. You can also walk to Sundance Square, the theater, and a museum or two. No need to waste gas, and you'll get to soak in Fort Worth's friendly and scenic atmosphere.

It is pet-friendly...in fact, it is very pet-friendly. Upon checking in with my dog, they gave the dog a dish, a toy, a raw hide, and some doggie shampoo.

Continental breakfast is good. They don't change it up much, but it's more than just a muffin and a banana. We're talking eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. Of course, they still have your danishes and donuts if you prefer.

Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, they have complimentary dinners as well. They're actually not bad. We've had brisket, burritos, beefy nachos, and a handful of other dinners since we've been here. BIG plus: they serve complimentary Shinerbock beer with the dinner, too. All you can eat/drink. They also have red and white wine offerings.

The rooms are pretty clean. They're quite spacious, too. My family of four stayed in one of the suites that was designed for 3, and we made it happen with room to spare. Bed is very comfortable.

Overall, the service is really great. Everyone is professional and friendly. The only real complaint I've had so far is that I dropped off dry cleaning one day, and it was never picked up. This was the fault of one of the night desk clerks who assured me that it would be done by 5:30 the next day. Unfortunately, this occurred two days before I really needed these particular clothes. Everyone I've run across EXCEPT for this one clerk has been amazingly helpful.

On the other side of service, they've got some really excellent people working here. I've been in the hotel for a couple of weeks now, and I anticipate being here for another few weeks. My oldest child got sick. In casual conversation with one of the staff members, I brought this up. Surprisingly, this same staff member brought a mini gift basket by for my son with a get-well soon card, a puzzle, and some other little time-burners. One of the nicest things that a stranger has ever done...she really went above and beyond. She has consistently done so during the dinners as well. I really need to catch her name so that I can publicly commend her enthusiastic customer service. Had it not been for this particular young lady, I would've given this review 4 stars instead of 5 due to the dry cleaning mishap.

Pool, indoor gym, and conference room are some of the amenities. Also, we've taken advantage of the shuttle more than a handful of times.

Bottom line: terrific place to stay. I would recommend spending the few extra dollars to stay here if you have the option instead of on the outskirts of Fort Worth's downtown district.

Room Tip: Call in advance if you have a pet. They'll stick you in a corner room. These rooms are a littl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Many thanks for the fantastic review! We’re fortunate to be located in an area with lots of dining options and attractions. It’s always nice to hear when our guests are able to take advantage of that, as well as all the wonderful amenities and services that we have to offer to our guests. I'm especially happy to hear that my team, especially Jessica, who you speak about, went out of her way to make you, your family and your pet feel special and welcomed during your stay. That is exactly the level of service we all work hard to provide. I've forwarded your comments to Jessica and the rest of my team, as they will also appreciate the kind words. I have also reviewed your comments with my evening shift, to ensure we are always making an effort to provide exceptional service at all times. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we want every guest to check out with the intent to return.

Thanks again for your review and feedback, we appreciate it very much, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This was the second time staying at this hotel. The room has been very clean on both occasions and the kitchen area in the rooms are convenient. The location of the hotel is on the edge of town so not the best to walk to locations in downtown, but everything is just a short drive. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for the great review and for your continued loyalty. We appreciate very much your feedback and I can assure you even though the hotel is on the edge of town, it's safe to walk around.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Newer hotel on the northeast fringe of downtown Fort Worth. I greatly appreciated the early check in and the sincere enthusiasm of the staff. Rooms are spacious, offering a kitchenette with a cook top, sink, full size refrigerator, and cupboards stocked with essential cooking and dining ware. Room has a large flat screen tv, oversized desk, sleeper sofa, and coffee table. Bathrooms are of above adequate size with roomy vanity tops to spread out toiletries. Bathtub/shower combo has a high placed shower head with adjustable sprays. Double door closet contains extra bedding and hangers. I left the maid a note asking for extra towels and replacement of the feather pillows -returned to find eight towels and down alternative pillows. Bed was firm and extremely comfortable. Hot breakfast was very good and wide selection. 24 hour complimentary coffee bar. Very clean and well kept.
I would give this hotel a 5, but noise through thin walls and heavy slamming room doors disrupted sleep.

• Stayed February 2013
TPSFortWorth, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review and feedback. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of some of the services and amenities our hotel has to offer.

Thank you again, and we look forward to having you back soon!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while attending a conference in downtown fort-worth. This hotel is not in the heart of downtown, and was a 5 minute drive to the convention center. There is a free shuttle bus that goes around town that stops at the Hotel, so you should have no trouble going to the convention center is if you did not have a car.

They offer free breakfast which is pretty decent - the usual stuff. The room was clean and comfortable. We got a suite and it had a refrigerator and pots and pans too! The staff were pretty friendly.

There is a railway track that passes right next to the hotel, so we asked for a room on the other side when we checked in. They have a small pool that faces the wall next to the railway tracks.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room facing away from the railway tracks and on the 2nd-3rd level.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PaigeRice, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our TownePlace Suites by Marriott Downtown Fort Worth! We are so happy to hear that you had a pleasent stay with us during your conference. We are very happy to have Molly the Trolley right outside our hotel to take our guests to the areas around downtown! I agree with you that our rooms are clean and comfortable, our great housekeeping staff prides themselves in keeping our hotel beautiful for all of our guests!

We hope to see you again next time you are in town.

TownePlace Suites Downtown Fort Worth Management Team
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My deliberate search of hotels by features and price led me to this one. The hotels right in downtown center are frightfully expensive and use that dreadful valet parking. Here you get a decent rate and plenty of self-parking. Plus the Marriott reputation and the loyalty program points didn't hurt. Typical Marriott professional and friendly greeting by the front desk folks, who were helpful with additional reservations for my weeks in Fort Worth. The asst manager even let me keep some boxes of work supplies in her office over the weekend, which helped me in a bit of a jam.

One review complained about parking lot security - but I did not see that was any issue. The parking lot has plenty of lighting. The hotel is adjacent to some nice new condos, and the way it is hemmed in by roads and a railroad and a wall, someone needs to deliberately go there. Having said that, access to downtown is easy just a few blocks.

For mobility around town, the Fort Worth trolley stops here. The front desk can get you set up no worries.

The hotel is basically a smaller version of Marriott's Residence Inn, decor more "urban". You get a functioning small kitchen with full size fridge. A nice work space and ethernet cable connection although the web speeds could be faster. A nice flat screen TV, good matress. Housekeeping replaced a couple of light bulbs, good service. These rooms are smaller square footage than Residence Inn, but just as nice. Good workout room.

The hot breakfast was nice, the hostess made different items each day. The evening "social hour" meal was basic, but appreciated. The free Shiner Bock lager was just great. Free wine also but usually a sweet wine, I prefer dry. Both morning and evening servers were cheerful and made you feel welcome. My question is, why not serve on real plates? The plastic plates and utensils do not fit this level of hotel.

For combination of price, features, location, this looks like your best value for downtown Fort Worth. Unless you want to pay an extra $100 per night just to be a few blocks over. Your call.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the train tracks for a quieter room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Downtown Fort Worth! Our guests don't have to worry about extra costs added on to their room rates since we offer complimentary breakfast, internet, and parking. Also our shuttle drivers are happy to drive you to a restaurant downtown or in the stock yards if you don't feel like finding parking! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back in the future.

The TownePlace Suites Downtown Fort Worth Management Team
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel was conserning to us when we were looking for a place to stay in Fort Worth. After calling tthem direct we were pleased with the way we were treated on the phone and booked direct with the desk person. We were given the rate of the association that we were with even though our own agent said the rate had expired. When we drove up to the hotel we thought it was a brand new location, The outside was very clean and it was very nice looking area. When we checked in we were greeted by not only the desk mgr but the staff we encountered on our way to the room all said hi and asked how we were, if there was anything they could do to help us.This continued for the 3 days and 2 nights we were there. The beds were the most comfortable beds I think we have ever had in a motel. This is a great place to stay and we will stay here everytime from now on when we visit Fort Worth.

Thanks to David and all his staff for making this a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PaigeRice, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of our TownePlace Suites by Marriott Downtown Fort Worth! We are always striving to provide the best customer service possible with all of our guests. In fact, we are ranked #3 in customer service out of all the TownePlace Suites brands in the U.S! We are very proud of our brand new hotel and look forward to hosting you again in the future. Please know that if you ever have trouble booking in your group block in the future to speak with any one of the managers here and we will be happy to help you!

TownePlace Suites Downtown Fort Worth Management Team