My deliberate search of hotels by features and price led me to this one. The hotels right in downtown center are frightfully expensive and use that dreadful valet parking. Here you get a decent rate and plenty of self-parking. Plus the Marriott reputation and the loyalty program points didn't hurt. Typical Marriott professional and friendly greeting by the front desk folks, who were helpful with additional reservations for my weeks in Fort Worth. The asst manager even let me keep some boxes of work supplies in her office over the weekend, which helped me in a bit of a jam.
One review complained about parking lot security - but I did not see that was any issue. The parking lot has plenty of lighting. The hotel is adjacent to some nice new condos, and the way it is hemmed in by roads and a railroad and a wall, someone needs to deliberately go there. Having said that, access to downtown is easy just a few blocks.
For mobility around town, the Fort Worth trolley stops here. The front desk can get you set up no worries.
The hotel is basically a smaller version of Marriott's Residence Inn, decor more "urban". You get a functioning small kitchen with full size fridge. A nice work space and ethernet cable connection although the web speeds could be faster. A nice flat screen TV, good matress. Housekeeping replaced a couple of light bulbs, good service. These rooms are smaller square footage than Residence Inn, but just as nice. Good workout room.
The hot breakfast was nice, the hostess made different items each day. The evening "social hour" meal was basic, but appreciated. The free Shiner Bock lager was just great. Free wine also but usually a sweet wine, I prefer dry. Both morning and evening servers were cheerful and made you feel welcome. My question is, why not serve on real plates? The plastic plates and utensils do not fit this level of hotel.
For combination of price, features, location, this looks like your best value for downtown Fort Worth. Unless you want to pay an extra $100 per night just to be a few blocks over. Your call.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Fort Worth Downtown Hotel Fort Worth
- Towneplace Suites Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our brand new all suite TownePlace Suites in Downtown Fort Worth is close to Sundance Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo and Venere so you can book your TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.