“A great place to stay...they treat you like family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   805 East Belknap, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #17 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
melbourne
“A great place to stay...they treat you like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was our first stop on our 25 day trip to the states from australia

We booked and stayed 4 nights at the place based on the reviews on this site, the location and amenities and the rate. We where not disappointed in any way

The staff hear are super friendly and in particular Big Ray at the front desk who was always up for a laugh and wanting to hear our stories. We travelled to top Fort Worth to meet up with some friends we had met the previous year. They showed us around Fort Worth proper and we got to really enjoy the town.

One day we left the hotel around noon being picked up by our friends and ventured out to the stockyards for a fun day in the sun . We stayed and stayed and stayed and we got dropped off at our hotel around 2am , I was carrying my shoes and giggling like a teenager! Big Ray had the biggest smile and wanted to know all about our day/night. As it was late we spilled a little but promised to fill him in the next day!! Seriously the next day he didnt forget , he came over to us, pulled up a chair with a coffee and we talked for over an hour!! I felt like I was at home talking with my family...

Everything is included in the price, wifi, carparking and a breakfast which is ok. Really you cant complain about anything hear and the service is simply wonderfull and charming

Will be seeing you again next year Big Ray!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I travel quite frequently to Fort Worth. We previously stayed at another Towne place property which suited our needs, However, we will be staying here from now on. The location is geat! We can walk to Sundance Square, the stockyards are 7 miles away and downtown shopping is also close. The property is newer, great decor, good price, Clean! I can't say enough about this Towne place suite!

• Stayed July 2012
Flint, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My friend made the reservation after reading reviews from Trip Advisor. Neither of us had stayed here before. Garmin took us right to the place, easily. The first thing I noticed was this hotel doesn't have a drive up front door for checking in. No problem for us, but just an odd enterance.
The hotel is clean and neat and desk help are very helpful and pleasant. It is set up for extended stay, although we were only there for one night between two Fort Worth shopping days. Convinent to stock yards and down town, we drove didn't try to walk or cab it.
The one thing lacking in my opinion, is there is only one ice machine on the first floor down the end of the hall from the lobby. Not convinent from the fourth floor room. The ice maker in the room didn't make enough ice for our brief stay. Also they don't have a soda machine either! They do have limited types of soda for sale in the little "shop" attached to the front desk. Nothing caffiene free, nor bottle water on the night we stayed here.
The room was spacious and very clean- one king bed and a pull out sofa bed, desk, sink, stove top,Full sized fridge, microwave and dishwasher. We went out to eat that night, and slept very well- the room was dark and very quiet! We must have been on the side away from the train tracks because nothing disturbed any of us that night.
Airconditioner was quiet and effective in cooling us down after a long hot day of shopping! Got up a bit late for the breakfast, but there was still coffee, and muffins, bagels etc to grab and go on our way out.
There is apparently a pool, laundry and work out facilities but we were not on business, nor here long enough to partake, so I can't speak to these amenities.
Would stay here again if the opportunity presents itself!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
PaigeRice, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Downtown Fort Worth! I am happy to hear that our good Trip Advisor reviews are reaching out to the public. We really pride ourselves on keeping our hotel clean for all of our incoming guests. Since your stay, we have made sure to keep more of a variety of soda options in our Market. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future!

The TownePlace Suites Downtown Fort Worth Management Team
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This property was in very good condition. It features a kitchenette with cookware, free parking, and free wired/wireless internet. The only negative I can find is that it appears there is only one ice machine on the property (although they provide an ice tray for use with the full size refrigerator). The hotel is located just north of Downtown Fort Worth, with access to the Convention Center only 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: Rooms in the extended wing should be quieter given their proximity to the train tracks on the other...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Staff were very friendly. Pool was a nice temp and very refreshing after a hot day. Location was handy to sundance square. Rooms were well equipped.
We ordered a cab for airport via reception but staff called 'car service' that wanted $75 for trip when previous night had taken cab from airport for $50.

• Stayed May 2012
San Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The hotel was very nice, and I would recommend it, unless you're one of those picky customers who like to have curtains on their windows. I stayed in a ground-level suite, and the first time I walked into my room, I went to close the curtains, as I wanted to change. However, I quickly realized that what I had thought were curtains, were actually not curtains, just pseudo-curtain flaps that covered a few inches on both right and left sides of the 3 foot long window. The window was otherwise covered with a highly transparent white, gauzy "curtain." As a single woman staying on the first floor with a view to the parking lot of a downtown hotel, this lack of privacy is unacceptable.
My second complaint regards the concierge staff (I and my coworkers interacted with 3 different people in this post). They seriously need to redefine their understanding of "close by." The manager told us that the office building our company was meeting at was "a football throw away." It was actually a 20 minute walk. A second person recommended we try a restaurant called T&P, saying it was only a 15 - 20 minute walk. This "15-20 minute walk" was actually 1.4 miles (we looked it up) and took us 45-50 minutes to walk there. The same concierge who told me this, also gave my friend directions to a marble slab creamery that had been out of business for 6 months. A third concierge told me, when I asked for the nearest Catholic church, told me it was really close, about a 6 minute walk. This "6 minute walk" was actually 1.1 miles and took me 15 minutes. Not bad, but way off from what I was told. Finally, one of the concierges recommended 4 of my coworkers to visit the stockyards, telling them it was a 30 minute walk. The directions this concierge gave them had these people traversing a 2.4 mile trail climbing over fences, under dilapidated bridges, and walking through the sketchiest, crime-ridden part of downtown.
Other than these issues, the hotel is in a great location, has a nice hot breakfast, and the staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: Resolve the aforementioned curtain issue by using the hangars (in the closet) with the pants clips t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Downtown Fort Worth. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues during your stay with us. Since your stay our Front Desk/Concierge Staff has gone through a couple trainings with our new Assistant General Manager and they are much more knowledgeable about the surrounding area. We have also implemented a system to give guests printed directions to the locations in the area so there is no confusion. Our complimentary shuttle service is also available should you want to get dropped off and picked up Monday-Friday or Molly the Trolley is also available on the weekends as well.

Our engineer has also made sure to check all of our rooms for the blackout curtains as this is a standard for our hotel. We hope that the next time you are in town you will give us a chance to show you our Marriott platinum award winning customer service! Thank you again for your time and your business.

The TownePlace Suites Downtown Fort Worth Management Team
tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Very reasonable hotel right downtown. Clean nice room. Request the side away from the railroad tracks. Ok breakfast. Very helpful staff. A little difficult to find as the driveway doesn't access Belknap. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown? Share your experiences!