“Tale of the curtains and the concierge.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown

You added TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   805 East Belknap, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #17 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
San Antonio
“Tale of the curtains and the concierge.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The hotel was very nice, and I would recommend it, unless you're one of those picky customers who like to have curtains on their windows. I stayed in a ground-level suite, and the first time I walked into my room, I went to close the curtains, as I wanted to change. However, I quickly realized that what I had thought were curtains, were actually not curtains, just pseudo-curtain flaps that covered a few inches on both right and left sides of the 3 foot long window. The window was otherwise covered with a highly transparent white, gauzy "curtain." As a single woman staying on the first floor with a view to the parking lot of a downtown hotel, this lack of privacy is unacceptable.
My second complaint regards the concierge staff (I and my coworkers interacted with 3 different people in this post). They seriously need to redefine their understanding of "close by." The manager told us that the office building our company was meeting at was "a football throw away." It was actually a 20 minute walk. A second person recommended we try a restaurant called T&P, saying it was only a 15 - 20 minute walk. This "15-20 minute walk" was actually 1.4 miles (we looked it up) and took us 45-50 minutes to walk there. The same concierge who told me this, also gave my friend directions to a marble slab creamery that had been out of business for 6 months. A third concierge told me, when I asked for the nearest Catholic church, told me it was really close, about a 6 minute walk. This "6 minute walk" was actually 1.1 miles and took me 15 minutes. Not bad, but way off from what I was told. Finally, one of the concierges recommended 4 of my coworkers to visit the stockyards, telling them it was a 30 minute walk. The directions this concierge gave them had these people traversing a 2.4 mile trail climbing over fences, under dilapidated bridges, and walking through the sketchiest, crime-ridden part of downtown.
Other than these issues, the hotel is in a great location, has a nice hot breakfast, and the staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: Resolve the aforementioned curtain issue by using the hangars (in the closet) with the pants clips t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
PaigeRice, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Downtown Fort Worth. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues during your stay with us. Since your stay our Front Desk/Concierge Staff has gone through a couple trainings with our new Assistant General Manager and they are much more knowledgeable about the surrounding area. We have also implemented a system to give guests printed directions to the locations in the area so there is no confusion. Our complimentary shuttle service is also available should you want to get dropped off and picked up Monday-Friday or Molly the Trolley is also available on the weekends as well.

Our engineer has also made sure to check all of our rooms for the blackout curtains as this is a standard for our hotel. We hope that the next time you are in town you will give us a chance to show you our Marriott platinum award winning customer service! Thank you again for your time and your business.

The TownePlace Suites Downtown Fort Worth Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Very reasonable hotel right downtown. Clean nice room. Request the side away from the railroad tracks. Ok breakfast. Very helpful staff. A little difficult to find as the driveway doesn't access Belknap. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012
New Hope, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Statyed at the Townplace Suites on a business trip to Fort Worth recently. In a recently built tasteful housing development. Brand new feel. Needed to head to meetings in downtown Fort Worth. No need for a cab - Our shuttle driver will be glad to take you! Do you want us to pick you up and bring you back? Just ask. Very, very helpful.

Otherwise it's very comfortable and quiet. Reasonably priced. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I will preface this by saying that 2.5 - 3 star hotels, in my opinion, offer far more to the average traveler than 4-star hotels. This hotel is almost brand new, with a fantastic location within walking distance of Sundance Square. It offers free parking, flat screen tvs, and full kitchens. Rooms resemble more a studio apartment than a hotel room.

From the moment we arrived, until we left the staff was welcoming and courteous.

The only downside was the price. We stayed the weekend of the Cowtown Marathon and hotels were certainly at a premium. And, while I understand you have to make money when you can, 150 dollars/night was far beyond what 2.5 star hotel, should be. Though, I'm sure on an average day the value is an asset for the hotel.

Would highly recommend staying here.

Alcalali, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Stayed here following a few days in La Vegas. It is a new fresh hotel with great self catering facilities and a laundry room located on the third floor. The hotel shuttle bus is very handy if like us you do not have a car also the Molly Trolley stops outside the hotel after 6pm. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and the complimentary meal on the Monday evening before we left the next day was very tasty. Included wine, beer and soft drinks. Would definitely recommend this hotel for location and hospitality.
If you are travelling without a car and want to self cater you will need to request the hotel shuttle bus or take a taxi as there no local grocery shops. The hotel does however have a small shop where you are able to purchase a few ready meals, snacks and drinks.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We drove up to Fort Worth for the weekend and tried to find a hotel that had the following:
- Free parking
- Free wifi
- Free breakfast
- Downtown location
- Under $150 per night
This hotel accommodated all the above requests! Molly the Trolley stops right in front of the hotel and takes you around downtown. Staff is unbelievably friendly and helpful. I can't remember the two gents' names who checked us in, but they couldn't have been nicer. The location is money; You could walk downtown instead if you wanted to and catch the shuttle to the Stockyards. All the rooms are exceptionally clean and have a full kitchen, a comfy bed, TV, couch, etc. Breakfast the next morning was also a delight (hello mini fridge with skim milk, yoghurts, oatmeals, waffles in the shape of Texas, to go snack!). Highly recommend.

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. Close and convenient to downtown, but with free parking. Hotel is fairly new, and well designed. Rooms are good size, clean and comfortable. Provides a kitchen with a full size refrigerator, which would be handy for families. Large high quality HDTV. Staff was polite and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown? Share your experiences!