“Great Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wild Mushroom Steakhouse and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 1,349 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Martin
Description: The Wild Mushroom has a warm and inviting ambiance; making each guest the center of attention and making them feel like a star. An aura of excitement swirls around the motions in the restaurant: flames and sizzling sounds appear choreographed as steaks are perfectly grilled and fresh wild salmon filets are broiled to perfection.
Fort Worth
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

A great place to visit with friends because you can enjoy a conversation is a normal tone of voice, without yelling or straining to hear. The service was also outstanding. The food was mixed. The prime rib was outstanding and served in a very generous portion. The sea bass was good also, but not outstanding. The fried oysters were poor, as noted by a previous reviewer. Don't waste your money on them. The skirt steak on the menu looked good, but was not available. The side items were quite good and they do have an extensive appetizer list. We did not try the desserts. Overall a good restaurant to enjoy and visit with friends.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“You don't get what you pay for...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Ordered the meat & cheese plate, it was extremely stale, hard cheeses were inedible, soft cheeses were hard. It was clear the plate was prepped the day (or more) before AND left uncovered. The meats were also stale and had an off flavor - and it was all ice cold! Honestly the worst meat & cheese plate I've ever had.

Entrees came out before we were anywhere near being through with our appetizer. Pork was undercooked (rare in parts) and while I know that is not a safety hazard (if the meat is kept and prepared properly) it was a stuffed pork chop and was NOT an appropriate temperature for that entree.

My husband’s New York Strip was VERY tough. Unacceptable for the prices being charged ($38). We dine at comparable restaurants (price wise) and at that price level food and service must be spot on.

The server was very nice, but extremely inexperienced. I asked if they had any Russian River red wines . She looked terrified and I said I knew it could be confusing and just check with the bar. She came back with a bottle of wine I thought was for someone else (it was Benton Lane – Willamette Valley…not even the same state? ) and I had looked over the menu by then and realized they had nothing in that region for reds so I changed up completely and went with a French Burgundy. She came back again with the same bottle and said they were out of the French Burgundy and said the bartender offered that (again). I no sommelier but I at least know the differences in the major regions and clearly the bar staff didn’t or just didn’t care. At $50 plus a bottle, at least the bar staff needs to have some kind of wine training. After that we saw very little of her, I think she was afraid of more questions?

The only highlight of the meal was my entrée, the Buffalo Ribeye. It was definitely exceptional, but at $56 it should be.

Obviously won’t be back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Azle, Texas
“Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hard to find in a small strip with no sign. Way too pricey for us. The food was good, but not that good!

Visited April 2013
Weatherford, Texas
“Very Good Overall - Not Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a nice dinner at the Wild Mushroom. My ratings: lettuce wedge 4 star, 12 oz. filet 4.5 star, fried oysters 1 star (this was terrible -- small oysters, no flavor, take a trip to New Orleans to learn how to cook them), mashed potatoes 3 star, squash 3 star, baked potato 4 star, coffee 4.5 star, cheesecake 5 star, waitstaff 5 star (would give 6 star if I could -- really excellent). The atmosphere (3 star) was good overall although we sat on the runway between the main dining area and the kitchen, and the distractions of the bar were nearby. Overall, I give this restaurant a 4 star. Don't think they will ever be a 5 star, but they could rise to a 4.5 star level with a little additional effort in the kitchen. We will return but know that better restaurants are available nearby in Fort Worth.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Not happy on this visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Big let down. My husband and I are regulars here and we usually have a good experience. And when the experience is not-so-good, management has usually made it right. Not this time. We took visitors here (after bragging about it), only to find that the reservation my husband made several weeks before did not get us a table even though he had specified that we wanted to sit at a table (they told us we would get one, but they didn't have any when we arrived, but said that if we really wanted one we could wait an hour). Then we were seated in a tight booth, and when we were ready to order, we were told they were out of the more popular orders (steak, colossal prawn) and it was only 6:30 in the evening. We asked if the owner was there and were told that he was out catering. So we settled for entrees we didn't go there to order (my husband did say, "Let's just leave,") and we probably should've left and driven into Ft. Worth or down the road to Mesquite Pit. After spending $155.00 for four people plus a tip for the waitress (who didn't particularly seem happy to be there) for pork and a small piece of sea bass that were nothing to write home about and could've been purchased at one of the local diners or Chinese buffet for way less money and way more flavor, we will probably not be back for a looooooooong time. Sorry, Jarrett, pay attention to your restaurant on Saturday nights. We had come to expect more and not only didn't get it, but embarrassed ourselves in front of our guests for raving about it. So I guess it's back to Mesquite Pit for steaks, or over to Fish Creek where the former partner of this restaurant now cooks. File this under the "Fool me once" category.

• Visited December 2013