“Farm to Table fine dining.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ellerbe Fine Foods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,364 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th
“Farm to Table fine dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant truly came through on all my expectations. This was a first visit, my birthday and I had heard great things so the pressure was on. I was not disappointed.
Our server, Tabitha was very intuitive and knew exactly when to approach and when to be discreet. She was excellent with the food descriptions and informing us where the foods originated.
To begin we sampled the cream poached gulf oysters and roasted butternut squash and gruyere baklava. I don't believe I have ever tasted such superbly prepared oysters and I spent my childhood eating them fresh from the Hawkesbury River in NSW Australia.
I loved the spin on baklava prepared as a savory appetite with just a kiss of sweetness from a local honey.
Growing up in Australia I'm a sucker for lamb so it looked like a sure thing for me but I also have a hard time passing up Ahi Tuna. My husband helped me out by ordering the Lamb. It was MY birthday!
Both dishes were very pleasing but the lamb was the winner in terms of culinary genius. The curry rub created such an excellent sear without overpowering the wonderful lamb taste.
Unfortunately we did not sample dessert due to a family surprise waiting at home but we did enjoy a cup of coffee before leavin and loved hearing that it was roasted at a Mennonite Community in Waco that we have visited a few times because we really enjoy eating and buying at this self sustaining community.
Truly loved the evening and the only reason I didn't give it a 5 for atmosphere was because the only reservation we could get was 5:30pm. First ones there - still daylight so book early to get a later reservation. The outdoor area for warmer weather looks very inviting too.
I can't wait to back for dessert. Profiteroles anyone?

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Alvarado, Texas
“Food taste, portions and quality is slipping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Upon my second trip to Ellerbe's, I was disappointed in the food. The menu selection was not very plentiful (mostly sandwiches). However, the valet, wait service and atmosphere was exceptional. I took a special guest to lunch and was a little regretful in the restaurant selection. I guess I'll have to go back to Lili's or Brewed for a special lunch in the future.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Flower Mound, Texas
“Good Food, Schmoozy Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Yes, we did enjoy our visit to Ellerbes, particularly the ambiance of the dining room. However, two of us were disappointed that what we wanted to order (2 of 8 entrees on the menu) was not available that evening, when we had an 8:00 reservation. A bigger problem was the schmooziness of the waiter. We had come to visit with each other, not him, and the amount of touching he gave my husband's shoulder was really quite excessive.

If you are interested in a vegetarian meal, ask what they have available. There was nothing listed on the menu, but they prepared an excellent dish on request.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have always enjoyed dining at Ellerbe's. We especially like to join a couple for some great food and service. We dined at Ellerbe's in September and were disappointed in the menu and the quality of the food. As usual, the service was terrific. This past weekend we decided to try again. All four of us left feeling less than satisfied. There were no entrees that any of us were interested in ordering, so we ordered appetizers and side dishes. The pickled shrimp and seafood gratin were wonderful, but the rest of our meal was certainly not worth what we paid. It appears that the owner and chef have decided that offering a menu that is out of the norm makes it worth the high prices charged. It will be a while before any of us return.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Lovely Food and Lady”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Molly McCook is one of Fort Worth's finest chefs, insisting on only quality, fresh foods and turning them into beautifully presented, tasty meals. Try out Ellerbe if you haven't and make sure you save room for the unusual and exquisite bread pudding (even those who don't like bread pudding will be wonderfully surprised by this dish).

Visited March 2012