“What a JOKE...Don't bother!” 1 of 5 stars

Billy Bob's Texas Honky Tonk
Ranked #27 of 178 things to do in Fort Worth
Activities: Drinking, Dancing, Nightlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Billy Bob's Texas is a popular destination for tours, conventions, trade shows, groups, and parties, accommodating up to 6,000 fun-loving folks. The nightly entertainment and unique western decor complete with photos and handprints of country stars. Billy Bob's Texas has something for everyone of every age, seven days a week. Top name entertainers perform every Friday and Saturday night, along with regional house bands playing throughout the week. We feature live professional bull riding on Friday and Saturday nights as well; a casino arcade, pool tables, high tech video games, and complete catering services. Billy Bob's Texas offers its guests one of the most distinctive facilities in the world, with genuine southern hospitality - Located in the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards area, five minutes from Downtown Fort Worth, thirty minutes from DFW Airport and forty-five minutes from Dallas; we have twenty acres of paved, lighted, secure parking available for our guests.
Humble, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“What a JOKE...Don't bother!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were in the Dallas-Ft Worth area and decided to drive 30 minutes out of our way to go to Billy Bobs to purchase t-shirts from the gift store. We arrived around 2pm on a Thursday, only to learn we would have to pay $2 per person just to go into the gift store...needless to say we walked out and will NOT recommend for anyone to visit this place. I find this absurd to pay an admission price to go into a store where you will be spending money anyway....the least they could do is have a separate store that isn't directly connected to this club. What a waste of time!

Cork
13 attraction reviews
“Great Craic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Loved this bar.. Good atmosphere enjoyed 2 stepping..as a tourist it ticked the box,it knows what it is and it does it good

Visited November 2012
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Deep fried pickles-don't miss them!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Was here during the day so didn't feel the atmosphere that I would imagine would be fantastic at night. However, enjoyed walking about and seeing the guitars and hand prints of famous stars. The dazzling saddle instead of a disco ball in the ceiling is awesome. Ate pulled pork in a roll, gorgeous fries and had my first experience of deep fried pickles and dip!! Don't miss these, they are gorgeous and one of my most memorable foods in Texas! Would definitely visit here again if back in Texas.

Houston, Texas
14 attraction reviews
“disappointing food, good music”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We traveled to Dallas/Fort Worth for spring break with two 14 year old boys. Our first night we chose to visit Billy Bob's for dinner and the experience of the atmosphere and music. The place is fun and a definite tourist experience. The live music was great (went on a Wed night, so not crowded and a local band only). The food was very lack luster and not what I would consider Texas BBQ to boast about. so I would not recommend it for dinner or any type of dining but if you are looking for good Texas music and fun in a bar atmosphere this is worth a visit. Kids were welcome but had to stay "within an arm's length" of us. No problem as it was not crowded, but probably not a place for kids on a weekend crowded night. Also they allow smoking there, which is a big negative.

Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun, but barbq was a little hard/stale”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I always gravitate to the barbq, as it has always been so good. I was disappointed this Sat evening. I always get the chopped beef sandwich. I found the barbq overcooked, and tasted like it had sat for a few days and hardened around the edges. Was very disappointed. Other than the barbq, we had a great time. Played pool, had a number of pictures made on the static bull, and me and my child danced all night. I like that it is family friendly. We had a couple issues with drunks on the dance floor. But it was a learning opportunity to remind my child they have to watch out for that kind of thing, whether they are minors or adults.

We did not go there for the concert, but did notice that the singer sang nonstop for around 2.5 hours. Never heard of that!

I do wish places such as this would ban smoking. It is horrible to have to spend the night smelling it, kids having to walk thru it, and clothes stinking when ya get back home.

Visited March 2013