“Need a break with your kids??” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 185 things to do in Fort Worth
More attraction details
Owner description: Entertaining, interactive exhibits to inspire appreciation for science and history in visitors of all ages.
Ft. Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Need a break with your kids??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Need a break for you and your kids? This is one of the best places in Fort Worth to keep your kids entertained for hours. This is educational and entertaining at the same time. Adults can also learn new things like how the gas drilling is done and get hands on shot at hitting the correct time to go horizontal. When you get tired you can take a break and go to the Omni Theater for a ride over Fort Worth and a variety of shows. They are always changing things so there is always something new. You can check the hours of operation and whats showing on line.

www.fwmuseum.org

Visited August 2012

Irving, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful and new”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This museum has lots of things for kids to experiment with and learn and it is new and state of the art. It is really easy to go to this museum besides the kids wanting to run in all directions.

Visited May 2012
Arlington, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The Titanic Exhibition at The Science and History Museum Fort Worth Texas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I went last there last Thursday, we arrived there about 2:30PM, and that was the last
opportunity to see the exhibition that day. We are both Seniors, not that seniors, but seniors. We both would have to pay $36.00, plus the $5.00 parkng fee. We instead bought a basic membershio, which allowed us to paid only $6.00 each, plus the $60.00 for membership, total $72.00 which I still considered expensive, but you other discounts for a year, make up a little bit for that. Later, of course, I saw in the back of our tickets, that if we got the membership those 6.00 each should have been deducted from the membership, so we found ourselves short of $12.00, since the agent that sold us that membership did not advice us of that.
The exhibit itself, like somebody else said, was good, kind of dark, and one of the important touch tablets with video on the sinking information was not working. I also would suggest, since that is the
longest part of the exhibit information, and videos, it should have a seat for the public to rest
a bit while watching the video of the sinking of the Titanic, since by then you would have walked and stand a good 90 minutes non stop.
It is I should say very informative, and interesting enough, among those who survived in the First Class deck, was a gentlemen whose second last name is the same as my father's second last name, the passenger was from Spain. There very intriguing facts, and learn a lot about the people in the Vessel, and some of their eccentricies and wealth.
Over all we were glad we went, but I would not do it again.

Visited November 2012
North Texas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“A very good museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

A very good, not great, museum that has important Fort Worth and old time Texas artifacts.........as well as science and technology.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Titanic exhibit - ehhh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Arrived at this museum late in the afternoon and got tickets for the last timed-entrance of the day to the Titanic exhibit. I can't remember what we paid, but it was likely too much. I did not find the exhibit to be overly fascinating.
The lighting in the exhibit rooms was dark, dark, dark. I was glad there were not many people at this time of day.
Friends who had seen this same exhibit in another city said it was just packed with people and so dark that folks were continuously bumping into them.

We were at the end of the Titanic exhibit when they announced the museum would close in 15 minutes. So I did not get to see any other part of this museum.

Visited October 2012