“Very helpfull staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Very helpfull staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel looks very open and friendly. The rooms are very spacy with a small kitchen area and a cosy sitting area.

Unfortunately on the morning of check out we found that our car was damaged overnight. Most likely this happened when the local Red Neck Heaven Bar closed for the night and one of the drunk rednecks tried to drive home. We will never know as there was no note left behind and there are no cameras on the parking lot.

Nevertheless, the lady at reception was most kind and helpfull and assisted in every way she could. We are still thankfull for her help. Unfortunately we have forgotten here name but she deserves a big THANKS!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MOHAMMAD M, General Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. The lady you did praise in your comments,her name is Millie. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I (plus 3 kids) stayed here for 3 nights while our home was remodeled. Staff is very polite and helpful. Kayla was the most helpful. I called around for an entire day looking for a good rate, as this is one of many hotels in the area, and this was the best rate. I was REALLY surprised to find it was very clean and comfortable. The room didn't have that weird 'hotel smell' you sometimes get. It was very quiet and I happen to know they were pretty booked. My kids loved it here. Complimentary breakfast until 9:30, clean towels and linens at no extra fees (other hotels in the area have service fees'). Overall it was a great experience. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey on Trip Advisor with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with Kayla and staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Nice clean room. Friendly staff. Convenient to local attractions. Plenty of eating choices within short drive distance. Three choices within walking distance including Texas Roadhouse. Good place for overnight or business traveler. AC cold and on in the room when I arrived. No complaints. Front desk fast and efficient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MOHAMMAD M, General Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We are very glad that you did choose our hotel for your recent stay and enjoyed your stay. Hotel staff always makes sure that every guest at our hotel feels safe and comfortable like home.
I do really appreciate that you took out few minutes from your precious time and leave a positive comment on trip adviser about the hotel and its services and will share your comments with our team.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

If you have any more question and concern, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had originally booked this hotel stay through a separate website to "get a good deal" but we had an emergency come up that we were not going to be able to stay there the nights we had planned. I had to call the company I booked our rooms through to cancel our reservation and was going to lose all of the money we had paid. But when I called the hotel and told them the situation they were eager to help and we ended up getting a full refund. Had it not been for the awesome desk clerk we would have been S.O.L, we were able to book a couple nights there when we were finally able to make it and the stay was very pleasant. Our kids loved the pool, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We will be staying there again if we ever need to :)

Room Tip: If you find a good deal online, call the hotel itself, they can give you the same rate or better wit...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MOHAMMAD M, General Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I do really appreciate that you took out few minutes from your precious time and leave a positive comment on trip advisor about the hotel and its services.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We had stayed at this CS just over a month ago and gave it a satisfactory review. Our only real complaint was the poor AC and "stuffiness" of the room. Granted, it is Texas in the summer, but we prefer to leave the poor air quality outside. That is part of what we pay for when we chose a hotel. So...the manager, Mohammad, sends me a courteous email thanking me for bringing the AC issue to his attention. He offers me a 20% on my next stay (whether we book it through Choice or through the hotel itself). I do a lot of travelling and generally always book through Choice for the rewards.
So, yesterday, when we check in, I explain the 20% offer to the person at the front desk and he rejects my insistence and won't be bothered to read the correspondence to confirm this. He basically told me that with my AAA discount I was already getting a good rate. I grow weary of customer service that turns around a grievance as somehow being my misinterpretation of the facts. When asked to speak to the manager, I am told he won't be in until after the weekend. We are running late for an engagement, so we take the key, drop off our belongings in the room and are dumbfounded that the room is not only hot and stuffy, but it smells of cigarettes in our no smoking room. We sprayed the place down with room deodorizer, cranked the AC, and when we returned later that night fully exhausted, we were relieved to find the room sufficiently cool (but, by no means "cold" and still quite stale). We did notice that the temperature on the second floor hallway felt a good 20 degrees warmer than the lobby and ice machine was not working. There seems to be nothing actually "cool" about this hotel.
Here's our take on this place. The beds are great, the rooms are clean, the furnishings are a little dated. Wifi was decent and the breakfast looked to be what we've come to expect from CS (basic grazing). The property appears well maintained, safe, and in a good location. We pass through Fort Worth regurlarly, but we won't be staying here again. The AC issue is bad enough, but being made a promise to win back my business only to be told I should be happy with what I've got is not only unprofessional, it is rude. This made only worse because I was in no way happy with what I got in return for my money...TWICE. So, on second thought, you might wish to reconsider your options when it comes to this particular CS. Otherwise you might end up like I did...
losing my cool.

• Stayed June 2012
MOHAMMAD M, General Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 817-222-2333.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

As I've said in previous reviews we try to stay at Choice Hotels. This was a last minute decision to stay at this one. We were not disappointed! The room was more like a suite, we were surprised that it was so big at the same price we usually pay for a regular sized room. Its nice since we travel with small children and a dog. We all had plenty of space to stretch out and relax. The TV was a very nice flat screen. The only thing I would say is to replace the carpet and the wallpaper in the bathroom, it was peeling and a bit out dated. Shower could use an update. Also, staff needs to check the refrigerator/freezer, there was leftover ice cream in the freezer.
All in all a great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
On the behalf of our entire staff we thank you for taking the time left a positive review on Trip Advisor. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed one night and the room was great. The king suite was very spacious and even had a separate area with a sink, microwave and refrigerator, as well as a sitting area with a sofa and table and a roomy desk area. The place was clean and comfortable. Sam was especially accommodating when I requested a quiet top floor room. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who wants a great room at a great price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sure your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share this with Sam, that he has been encouraged by you about his customer service performance.

Been to Comfort Suites North? Share your experiences!