“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Buttons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 1,347 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Buttons Restaurant is built around the idea that food and music are universal. Buttons is an upscale Southern-chic restaurant and live music venue featuring authentic Southern-comfort dishes that are soothing to the soul. This hip spot boasts an eclectic flair and upbeat vibe where guests can savor tantalizing southern cuisines, listen to the melodic sounds of new and old school favorites and enjoy live musical performances by local and touring artists. A flavorful menu showcases the award-winning entrees of Chef Keith "Buttons" Hicks.
Fort Worth, Texas
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

my meetup had a meeting here. A had very high expectations and maybe that's why I was disappointed. I ordered the fried calamari for appetizer and although the seasoning was good, it was chewy and the breading not crispy like it should be. I went onto order the chicken and waffles for my main. The chicken and waffles was great but at $24.00, definitely overpriced. After all, it's just fried chicken and a waffle. Maybe we ended up on a off day and I need to go back and give this place another chance.

Cleburne, Texas
“Not impressed at all!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The ham on the fried grn tomatoes was cheap processed sandwich type ham. The pot roast was extremely over cooked, stringy and very salty!!! The catfish that comes with the grits was extremely salty as well. The creamed spinach was tasteless and the cheese that comes on the salmontine is processed cheese slices!
The peach cobbler and the 2 shrimp that come with the grits were great!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Irving, Texas
“Not That Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Went for lunch with a friend. The food service was just ok. The place wasn't crowded at all and the waitress seats two other people at the table adjacent to ours...like one foot away.

I ordered the Chicken and Waffles and wasn't impressed. The syrup kind of ruined it for me.

My friend ordered the Chicken Fried Steak and it was overcooked and tough. With so many options in the area we probably won't be back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
McKinney, Texas
“Great chicken-fried steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went with a friend this week to Button's in Fort Worth. When we walked up, I wasn't too excited, because it was "Chili-esq" in it's outside appearance -- in a newish shopping center with grocery store and lots of popular chain-store shops. It's in a really handy location -- I-30 and Hulen Road.

But the food was nothing like a chain restaurant! My girlfriend got the chicken-fried chicken and I got the chicken-fried steak. We got generous portions (neither of us could finish ours), two sides and delicious cornbread.

The service was a little slow, but our first-week-working-here waitress was trying her best. I'm sure it will get better as she catches on.

They had other interesting-looking entrees -- like chicken & waffles, shrimp & grits -- all Southern specialties.

We liked it enough to go again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waco, Texas, United States
“No big whoop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

When to Buttons for dinner Saturday night. I have to say I was very unimpressed with the food. I had fried chicken with waffles with greens. The greens were great; waffles average and the chicken just so. Not as good as Colonial Sanders.
My husband had the shrimp and grits and didn't like them. He usually likes everything. Our son had salmon and didn't comment so I guess it was just so.
Service and hospitality was great, but now worth the price or a long drive. About $20-30 per person.

• Visited May 2014