“No big whoop” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Buttons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 1,344 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Buttons Restaurant is built around the idea that food and music are universal. Buttons is an upscale Southern-chic restaurant and live music venue featuring authentic Southern-comfort dishes that are soothing to the soul. This hip spot boasts an eclectic flair and upbeat vibe where guests can savor tantalizing southern cuisines, listen to the melodic sounds of new and old school favorites and enjoy live musical performances by local and touring artists. A flavorful menu showcases the award-winning entrees of Chef Keith "Buttons" Hicks.
Waco, Texas, United States
“No big whoop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

When to Buttons for dinner Saturday night. I have to say I was very unimpressed with the food. I had fried chicken with waffles with greens. The greens were great; waffles average and the chicken just so. Not as good as Colonial Sanders.
My husband had the shrimp and grits and didn't like them. He usually likes everything. Our son had salmon and didn't comment so I guess it was just so.
Service and hospitality was great, but now worth the price or a long drive. About $20-30 per person.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Stick to the soul food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We LOVE this place, but tonight wasn't so great. We had the fried green tomatoes and they are the BEST anywhere. After that we both had the oscar surfy turfy. It was OK, but not great. Not warm enough, and they don't even know what drawn butter is. Then they closed the kitchen 30 minutes early so we couldn't get dessert. Bill never came, had to go to the bar to get it. Wine list is lacking.
Usually this place is wonderful. Next time I'll get the chicken & waffles,,, it's the bomb.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Music, Food and More”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

During my recent visit tot he DFW area, my friends recommended a place for good food and music called Buttons. We enjoyed some delicious southern foods including one of my favorite dishes, fried green tomatoes. Served with a delicious side of bacon, sauteed greens and an egg on top. I also indulged on some spicy wings, served with collard greens and mac and cheese on the side.

Buttons is a hopping music scene and featured the R&B/jazz group called Natural Change. Lots of dancing and fun was had by all.

And you never know who you might be sitting next too, as Hall of Famer Dallas Cowboys player Rayfield Wright sat next to us during dinner and we had a wonderful time chatting with him! We also met the owner who told us we were now "Buttonized!"

You will find this a fun and inviting place to spend an evening with friends, family, etc. and to enjoy some great food and music!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleburne, Texas
“Trendy & eclectic spot to share with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Today I took two friends to Buttons. It was not my first visit but was new to them. They had the chicken fried chicken with wonderful sides. I am undergoing chemotherapy so I ate according to my cancer diet. I had grilled salmon with a creamed spinach & artichoke dish and they even cooked my salmon to well done stage as per request.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ftworth
“Food was excellent, atmisfer great, luv the rest!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Over last yr me or my friend will stop in front check look in see who's behind bar.We never go late in evening, we under stand band nights we want set bar to eat. One preticualler server has made last three exzperianeces so bad my friend will not go back.After the order was wrong and the rolling of the eyes if you say smthin!!!! Remind you , this at uncrouded bar.Twice the lady bar tender was eating her dinner at end of bar.And god forbed if you need or would like maybe even the silverwear to eat the wrong order with!!! Lots of fine restaurants to eat at in FTW!!! They lost between 4an6 hnd a mnth between the two of use..I really love that place..But my friend rules were we go !!!!!! And the rolling of the eyes don't fly !!!!! Expec when u just want water or silverwear or a drink, or correct order !!!

• Visited January 2014