“American adventure” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Ft Worth Downtown East

You added Motel 6 Ft Worth Downtown East to your Saves list
Motel 6 Ft Worth Downtown East
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2425 Scott Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76103 (Formerly Ambassador Suites)   |
Ranked #87 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Johannesburg, South Africa
“American adventure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I checked in to the hotel out of sheer desperation because the other hotel hiked up their rates for the KCM conference. Well i'm glad i did. The hotel is not exactly top notch but the staff is warm and friendly, especially the shuttle service driver Mr Perry & the reception desk people.

Rates are very reasonable, rooms are clean, could use a fresh coat of paint and new linen. The brown bedspread screeeams 80's!! They didn't have lockable closets but no personal item was lost. if you're travelling on a tight budget but still want good service this is place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Lets see where do I begin.....First was the so called shuttle to Billy Bobs...Asked for the shuttle at 8pm as we had a concert to get to...when the girl at the front desk could not locate the dirver and then called the manager we were asked to wait 30 min and then he would take us...REALLY again I have a concert to get to and If you can take me ontime how can I be sure you are going to pick me up on time...Ha we took our own car. Next was the fact that we get back at 2:30 in the am and while my husband is preparing to get ready for bed he finds we have an uninvited quest in our room as it crawls accross the sick....Now most people might just pack up and get out but as it was really late we made the Bad choice to just buck up and sleep and then get the heck out. Well that brings me to the worst part of the whole thing....(as if the "new roommate" was not enough) at 6am we are awaken to someone coming through our room door which was locked. Yes you read that right we were walked in on my husband said "excuse me" and they were like oh sorry...WHAT your sorry... Ok so my husband picked the phone right up and caled the front desk and said how do you go and give someone else a key to my room they said oh sorry that was me we had a computer issue and did not know if anyone was in that room. Really can't you call or Knock. and why do you need to know so bad at 6am if someone is in a room. Very shady. STAY AWAY!!!! We left right then.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ogden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I booked this hotel with the Choice Hotel chain but then received an email stating they were no longer part of their hotel chain - which meant I would not get any points. The hotel was mediocre and showing lots of signs of age and wear but was clean. The location was great right by the downtown area with easy freeway access. Even though they are now the Trinity Hotel but still had the Quality Inn sign, uniforms, etc.

What was strange was there was almost no one staying there. The parking lot had 4-5 cars in it the two days we were there and that included hotel staff. We saw only one other guest. The breakfast buffet was okay to look at - but old - the Danish rolls were hard & crusty. They had been sitting out for days. Anyway, it was a little spooky. The hotel is by another nicer hotel but looks kind of run down and sits at the end of a street by itself. Where were the guests? We called it the mystery hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I chose this hotel because it didn't require many hotel points and it was on my way home from a trip to Lubock.

I've been to DFW area enough to know that I can do better next time and won't waste my time or hotel points on this hotel again.

I wouldn't call it terrible, but it certainly isn't good. The hotel is beat up. The pool is drained. (This is the 2nd longest stretch of 100+ weather in recorded history, and the pool is drained!) My room had several issues. (Missing light bulbs, missing TV remote)

On the other hand, the desk staff has tried very hard to make the problems with the room right, so I can't complain too loudly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Carrollton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stayed there the night of June 12, 2011 and was biten on my face, arms, and back by bed bugs. I notified the manager Andy and he refuses to acknowledge that there are bed bugs in the room and even proceeded to assign the room to someone else the following day. I captured one of the bugs and put it in a plastic bag to show to them and there was blood on the sheet from the bites so they know that there are bed bugs in there. Apparently they do not care and are not taking any steps to eradicate this problem. So beware!!!

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Odessa, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

This hotel is very, very old and run-down. There was a small sofa bed in our room which was so stained and nasty that i could not determine its original color. The room was smoked in for years (even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room) and the awful smoke smell was covered by a strong disinfectant smell. We only stayed because we arrived late (10:30) and had a doctor's appointment the next day. We had driven 6 hours to get there and were exhausted. Lighting was bad, no handicapped ramp accessible (light was out) stianed celing and doors. Locks were poor. Everything was totally nasty and run-down. When we were having breakfast the next day, my husband attempted to use the microwave for oatmeal and the electricity went off in the entire room. Management offered their office microwave because they didn't know where the breaker box was. When I contacted Choice Hotels--they said, we're sorry but all our hotels are independently run. We can't do anything about it. Believe me, I didn't want a free night's stay or anything out of this. I thought this was a fluke becuase I had always counted on Choice Hotels. Apparently they don't oversee hotels that use their name at all. They simply said they would "forward" my complaint. Believe me, the people working there know it is a dump. For almost a $100.00 per night, i expected cleanliness and safety. Beware of this hotel and this hotel chain. Don't go unless you have personally inspected it. because the chain doesn't.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Libertyville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

We stayed here for the Super Bowl & not only wasit the most affordable centrally located hotel, the staff went over & beyond to assist us! Erica and Mohammed were wonderful! The hotel itself needs some updating, but what do you expect for such affordable rates? Here's the best value ..... they have a shuttle that will take you to Sundance Square, the Stadium etc..... without a charge! That saved us hundreds of dollars. Nothing short of "more than we expected" ..... Thank you very much!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Ft Worth Downtown East? Share your experiences!