“worse experience of my life” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Ft Worth Downtown East

You added Motel 6 Ft Worth Downtown East to your Saves list
Motel 6 Ft Worth Downtown East
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2425 Scott Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76103 (Formerly Ambassador Suites)   |
Ranked #92 of 104 Hotels in Fort Worth
Odessa, Texas
“worse experience of my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

This hotel is very, very old and run-down. There was a small sofa bed in our room which was so stained and nasty that i could not determine its original color. The room was smoked in for years (even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room) and the awful smoke smell was covered by a strong disinfectant smell. We only stayed because we arrived late (10:30) and had a doctor's appointment the next day. We had driven 6 hours to get there and were exhausted. Lighting was bad, no handicapped ramp accessible (light was out) stianed celing and doors. Locks were poor. Everything was totally nasty and run-down. When we were having breakfast the next day, my husband attempted to use the microwave for oatmeal and the electricity went off in the entire room. Management offered their office microwave because they didn't know where the breaker box was. When I contacted Choice Hotels--they said, we're sorry but all our hotels are independently run. We can't do anything about it. Believe me, I didn't want a free night's stay or anything out of this. I thought this was a fluke becuase I had always counted on Choice Hotels. Apparently they don't oversee hotels that use their name at all. They simply said they would "forward" my complaint. Believe me, the people working there know it is a dump. For almost a $100.00 per night, i expected cleanliness and safety. Beware of this hotel and this hotel chain. Don't go unless you have personally inspected it. because the chain doesn't.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Libertyville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

We stayed here for the Super Bowl & not only wasit the most affordable centrally located hotel, the staff went over & beyond to assist us! Erica and Mohammed were wonderful! The hotel itself needs some updating, but what do you expect for such affordable rates? Here's the best value ..... they have a shuttle that will take you to Sundance Square, the Stadium etc..... without a charge! That saved us hundreds of dollars. Nothing short of "more than we expected" ..... Thank you very much!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

Paid for a suite with no knobs on either of the heating units, we called the dest and was downgraded to another room. Got to that room, there was no remote, no handle on the toilet, and we spouse and I both woke up with sores all over our arms and shoulders. We believe bedbugs. The guy at the desk gave us a false name for the manager and was an absolute jerk.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Although the staff offered every apology; they're politeness and concern did not make up for this facility. The hotel is run down, in a depressed area with no amenities. I was traveling on business, and chose the hotel because of it's proximity to downtown FW. When I drove to my daily meeting by street; the only route was through Skid row, unless you used the nearby interstate. There were no restaurants near the hotel. I was assigned 3 different rooms during my 4 night stay. The first room had hornets--lots. The second room had missing light bulbs, broken towel racks, broken iron, needed to be vacuumed, soiled furniture in the living room, smelled of stale cigarette smoke and was in desperate need of a coat of paint. The 3rd room's telephones didn't work. The bedroom lightbulbs had been replaced with "black" lights, it was missing a desk and chair, and had extremely dirty walls. Why did I stay? All the issues with the second room were resol ved--which made things tolerable. The inlcuded breakfast was very sparce--the food items a little stale. The dining room was dark--only two lights on one side of the entire room were lit for the week that I was there. I have advised my corporate travel service to exclude this hotel from it's booking list for employees going to downtown Fort Worth.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Roanoke, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

The trip started out badly when it transpired that the hotel had never received my prebooked reservation (not their fault and they were helpful in getting it straightened out). They then assigned me a handicapped room, complete with hadrails for the shower and toilet and a shower head about the height of my neck (I am not handicapped). The room was comfortable and large, although the furnishings were a little beaten up--the swivelling desk chair had a definite list to the left--but the "hot" water supply took forever to come up to the second floor and was rarely more than luke-warm. For some reason, I had to have my room key re-validated each day of my stay. The hotel also appeared to be undergoing some species of renovation. Finally, this is a non-smoking hotel so smokers have to go outside, which is not too comfortable in summer in Texas.
On the plus side, the staff was uniformly friendly and very helpful in straightening out the mess United hotels made of my reservation. The hotel is only about a five minute drive from downtown Fort Worth and about 30-45 minutes from Dallas, depending on time of day and destination. It is also only about 20 minutes from DFW airport.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

My friend and her husband live just outside Dallas and had booked 2 non-smoking rooms at the Quality Inn & Suites for 1 night. We chose this hotel because it had a shuttle service to and from Billy Bob's at the Stockyards (however when we asked what time the shuttle service left the hotel the male clerk on Reception just looked blankly at us!!).
We arrived at 7pm and were checked in to our rooms (the clerk was more interested in watching the noisy film that was on the tv than serving us). Complimentary coffee is available at Reception however when I discovered that it was stone-cold and had more than likely been there since first thing that morning I poured it away!
My fiance checked out our room and found that the lights did not work, the tap in the sink in the bathroom would not go off and there was a pungent smell of stale smoke (this was also detected in the hallways which had stained, old carpets too!) so we started to make our way back to Reception. Our friends were just leaving their room to complain to Reception too about this, along with the hairs they had found in the bed and stains on the sheets! All 4 of us agreed immediately to check-out!!
I have since discovered that there are 2 Quality Inn's in Fort Worth - one which has mostly very good reviews and this one. We thought we had booked the other hotel, please double-check the address of the Quality Inn you book to make sure you do not get sent this to one on Scott Avenue!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

The whole motel smells SO BADLY. It smells like there was severe water damage. The carpets need replaced I think. It's very difficult to connect to the internet and none of the bathtubs in the place drain down, so you're left to take a shower standing in dirty water. The man manager/owner will try and charge you approx. $100 for these crappy rooms. There is a woman there who was giving me a better rate because I think she realizes that $100 is way too much for the crappy rooms. When the man found out I was getting a half decent rate, he got angry and raised it back up to $100. I checked out and went to the motel next door called Trinity Inn & Suites....MUCH BETTER!!! Costs less AND the rooms are 1000% better. I am very frugal so I would have stayed at the crappy Quality Inn for $60 or less a night because that's all it's worth. So the owner lost out on more money trying to overcharge me for one night. He could have kept my business for days.

• Liked — Th eLocation is close to downtown Fort Worth
  • Disliked — Overcharged for rooms not worth that price
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Ft Worth Downtown East? Share your experiences!