“Clean, convienient and affordable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Fort Worth

You added Knights Inn Fort Worth to your Saves list
Knights Inn Fort Worth
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4850 North Freeway, Fort Worth, TX 76137 (Formerly Howard Johnson Fort Worth)   |
Ranked #97 of 104 Hotels in Fort Worth
The Villages, Florida
“Clean, convienient and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

With hotel prices soaring in west Fort Worth, I was happy to locate this property to affordably book two rooms for four nights. The rooms were very clean (don't forget to tip your housekeepers!), unexpectedly had a microwave and refrigerator and met all of our needs. The location is convienient to the main freeways and seemed to be in a safe area of town. Our rooms were on the freeway (west) side and there was some traffic noise, so request an east side room for a quieter stay. The pool is small but clean with plenty of pool furniture. Management was friendly. No comment on the free breakfast since we didn't make the 9AM meal cut-off's. Hopefully mattresses will be upgraded in their next remodel - they have the older, thinner versions. Overall, very accomodating.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Traffic Noise
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Plantersville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2006

This was a great place to stay - I had just checked out of a disappointing stay at Country Inn Arlington, so I was trying to be optimistic! They did not let me down - it was a great rate I found from tripadvisor recommendations and since it was my first attempt to book online other than a hotel website I was nervous. It was such a great rate and I was on a budget so I gave it a try.
I was pleasantly surprised with very helpful staff - they went over and above board to make my stay comfortable. I had initial problems connecting to the wireless network on my laptop - the lovely young lady from the front desk came down and worked about 15 minutes to help me get online. I apologized for the inconvenience and she smiled and said she was glad to help.
The room was very well nicely decorated and arranged - the housekeeping staff kept everything orderly and clean-the location was easy to get to from the interstate. I will definitely go back and recommend others to this hotel. I know from a review I read on this site before I booked that the exit was through a trailer park. That is a little misleading - yes, there is a street behind the hotel which has trailer homes. And yes, you do have to travel that way a couple of blocks to get back to the interstate but you know, everybody has to live some place. So that is a fact of life, not a drawback from the hotel - especially for the rate and service you receive! It was very convenient to downtown and the stockyards. Hope you try it!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oklahoma City, OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

We booked our room through the Choice Hotels 800 number. I first called the motel directly. But, they couldn't offer quite as good of a rate as the 800 number did (both with AAA rate). I agree with the previous reviewer that the beds were a little hard. And, it was tricky getting back on the hwy going north (you have to back track south back to Meacham Rd).

We had several issues at this motel. The front desk person, Brittany, was very helpful through the whole process. First, I had requested a downstairs room through the 800 number. They never noted that on the reservation. Brittany did find a downstairs (nonsmoking room). Unfortunately, it smelled greatly of smoke. There weren't any other nonsmoking rooms downstairs, so upstairs we went. The room smelled great. However, the toilet was running because the tank wasn't filling up. Brittany came upstairs to help. The washer on one of the parts was worn so that it couldn't have a good seal to fill. So, Brittany found another nonsmoking room down the hall. The room smelled clean. Unfortunately, since the air conditioner had been turned off, it was very hot (as it was in the other upstairs room). Brittany said they turned the air off in the rooms to conserve energy. Well, it took many hours of the air on full blast before the room was finally comfortable. My understanding is that keeping an air conditioner on, but at a higher temperature, is a better way to conserve energy than turning it totally off. It's rediculous to worry about conserving energy at the guests' discomfort (And, I am one to make sure to turn all the lights off and raise the temperature of the air when leaving the room).

Besides the above annoying mishaps, the motel seemed to be recently remodeled. So, the stay overall was okay. Although as I mentioned before, the beds were a little hard. And, they were double beds instead of queen size. Due to the better price than the other Choice Hotels nearby, we might stay at this motel again if the price is substantially lower than the other ones nearby (like it was this time).

• Liked — The price was pretty good.
  • Disliked — That we had to change rooms twice.
  • Tips/Secrets — Check the room thoroughly before you bring everything in from the car.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
College Station, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn North in Ft. Worth last week on our 4th of July roadtrip (from Hell, but THAT is another story altogether). We were not looking for anything fancy other than a relatively cheap place to sleep and get back on the road again and we were moderately impressed with the property. Frankly, the location is on the 35W bypass, which is convenient to get to, is somewhat of a pain getting back on the road (not brain surgery, mind you, but a little more thought than having to drive through a trailer park might be nice).

The room itself was exceptionally clean and it appeared evident that a face-lift had taken place relatively recently. The linens appeared new(er) and the couch and other furniture did not have the trademark tells of having a number of guests pass through recently. The bathroom was as clean as I would hope all properties would strive to achieve. It should also be noted that the front desk staff was pleasant as well.

So why three stars instead of four or five? When I stay at this kind of hotel I need two things: a hot shower and a comfortable bed. The former was easily accomodated; the latter was left lacking. I found the bed to be too hard and had a difficult time finding a comfortable spot throughout the night; my wife expressed the same concerns. I prefer a firmer bed than my wife, but the firmness of this bed gave concrete a good run for its money. Perhaps I was not in the best room and this was a fluke -- there is no way for me to know. All I can tell you is that I was disappointed that the property spent so much in the face lift and appeared to forget the MOST important thing in a hotel room: a relatively comfortable bed.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2006

I was very pleased with this hotel, because the price was right. We had free internet, free breakfast, which was more then just donuts and coffee, and the room had all the amenities I needed. I would stay again, and its not but about 5 to 7 mins. from the Stockyards, a major plus.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Knights Inn Fort Worth? Share your experiences!